Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Why do dogs heal quicker than us? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/why-do-dogs-heal-quicker-than-us-46998.html)

K.S.H 19-04-2009 20:39

Why do dogs heal quicker than us?

As the title says,
Molly, our two year old Yorkie cross had an operation on Wed, she was speyed and had rear dew claws removed as they were growing inwards and bothering her, she was quiet on Wed night but after that she was back to normal, running around, jumping on and off furniture, play fighting with Max Etc.
We were told to keep her calm and not to over do things but its impossible, we just can't stop her, doesn't seem to be in any pain at all and the wounds aren't bothering her.
Do they not feel the same pain as we do? sure we don't run about like that after an operation, especially if you had 3 wounds.
They seem to have healed already too, still a bit red on her legs but her stomach there's hardly any sign of a cut, the reddest bit is were the stitches are.

Neil 19-04-2009 20:50

Re: Why do dogs heal quicker than us?

Good question mate, when the wife was spayed she was moaning on about it for months ;)

K.S.H 19-04-2009 20:53

I didn't want to bring our weaker species into it but I told mine the same, she'll not get brekky in bed next time :D

K-P 19-04-2009 20:54

Has it got anything to do with being able to lick your own testicles?

BERNADETTE 19-04-2009 20:54

I hope for your twos sakes that your wives don't read those comments:rolleyes:

K.S.H 19-04-2009 20:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-P (Post 706026)

Well she hasn't got any :D , Max hasn't either :D but the vet told us not to let her lick the wounds and we haven't seen her doing it, that would have been one of my answers as they say it helps but not in this case, unless she's been doing it during the night

Quote:

Originally Posted by BERNADETTE (Post 706027)
I hope for your twos sakes that your wives don't read those comments:rolleyes:

Well mine knows, I've already told her :D

K-P 19-04-2009 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.S.H (Post 706028)
unless she's been doing it during the night

it would explain the smile on her face in these trying times :)

shillelagh 19-04-2009 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.S.H (Post 706028)
Well she hasn't got any :D , Max hasn't either :D but the vet told us not to let her lick the wounds and we haven't seen her doing it, that would have been one of my answers as they say it helps but not in this case, unless she's been doing it during the night

Well mine knows, I've already told her :D

And your still living!!!!:D:D:D

Neil 19-04-2009 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by K-P (Post 706026)

No, thats just why they are happier :D

lindsay ormerod 19-04-2009 21:24

Talking to a mutual friend off here earlier and it seems that ladies who have c-sections are now out of hospital after 3 days! I find this astonishing, I was in for a week after mine and still felt rubbish when I came out! It's a major surgical operation and yet you are sent home so quick! Would be a different matter if it was men giving birth!:rolleyes:

flashy 19-04-2009 21:27

my sister-in-law had twins by c-section last month, she had them on friday 27th of march and was out by sunday the 29th

BERNADETTE 19-04-2009 21:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod (Post 706051)
Talking to a mutual friend off here earlier and it seems that ladies who have c-sections are now out of hospital after 3 days! I find this astonishing, I was in for a week after mine and still felt rubbish when I came out! It's a major surgical operation and yet you are sent home so quick! Would be a different matter if it was men giving birth!:rolleyes:

Same here Linds mine were both c-sections and was in for over a week with both. Three days is far to early IMO. If A fella had one birth there would be a lot of families with just one child you can bet your bottom dollar:rolleyes:

flashy 19-04-2009 21:29

i was in 5 after my c-section, was up and about the day after having him

K.S.H 19-04-2009 21:32

Maybe women should do the housework on all fours, that might be the key to quick healing :D

Now wheres that wall we hide behind :D

Lilly 19-04-2009 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod (Post 706051)

I don't think three days is so bad if it's your first baby and you don't live on your own. You can rest at home.

However, if you've already got small children at home then three days isn't really long enough because as soon as you go back home you're back 'on duty' no matter what the advice re no lifting, no hoovering etc.