Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Calling All Fisherpersons - - (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/calling-all-fisherpersons-4755.html)

Busman747 28-06-2004 22:04

Calling All Fisherpersons - -

Can anyone advise me on places to coarse fish in the Accie area please? Did I really see a carp rise from the murky depths in the canal at Accie or was it a resident rat?

Seriously, Is the canal fishable and are there any decent coarse fishing waters in the Accie area that just require a rod license or a minimal daily fee.

Sparkologist 28-06-2004 22:15

Re: Calling All Fisherpersons - -

There are fish in the canal behind Emerson & Renwick at Church where i work. There are usually a few fishing on Sundays.

There used to be carp in Hags res next to the Asda on Hyndburn road, I'm not sure about now though. I think it is owned by Accy & District angling club

Personally, I like fishing with dynamite, metaphorically speaking, it gets fast results :D

Busman747 28-06-2004 23:21

Nice one Spark, with your Avatar, I can understand the need for dynamite but I think I will stick with maggots for the time being. It was church that I thought I saw a rising carp amonst the floating plastic bottles and oil slick.

If anyone sees an idiot fishing in a fish denuded polluted canal in the near future, please don't laugh, it is only me!

What about "Accy & District angling club anyone? Who would I contact?

Perran 28-06-2004 23:22

Most waters are limked to Accy & District Angling Asc. There are several around Hyndburn, best to pop in to the fishing shop on Abbey St. They should be able to tell you whats best.

mattylad 29-06-2004 07:34

Ditto what Perran said, the water next to Asda often seems to be full when I have passed it.
Your local tackle shop should be able to put you right on track for some excellent spots.

slater_scott 29-06-2004 10:13

There is a place in stanhill called kemp delph, this has carp and pike in, however it has a fence around it which you have to get past, but there are holes in it.

Busman747 29-06-2004 17:54

Thank you all for your help and advice, I will pop up to Abbey st as soon as.

mattylad 30-06-2004 07:06

referring to your original question, the Canal is somewhere in Burnley that I'm told Bailiffs no longer bother with due to getting threatened with chucking in too often etc.
I wonder if the Accrington bits are the same?

slater_scott 30-06-2004 09:34

Thats burnley though, dont think that happens in accrington.

mattylad 30-06-2004 10:57

why's that? are the people there so different?
No-one gets drunk & roams the streets at night having fights, no crime, no nutters?

Doubt it :D

slater_scott 30-06-2004 11:51

Well when i go fishing no one ever threatens bailiffs.

ShortStuff 30-06-2004 19:48

Come on Mattylad - no where is like Burnley - don't be too quick to take offensive!

mattylad 01-07-2004 07:54

Me? I'm not on the offensive :D

I'm only going off what I was told by the Bailiff's themselves.

Personally I have never seen anyone thrown in etc, but then I rarely fish the canal it has too much rubbish in it & As far as I know its the same canal :D