Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Department of Work and Pensions (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/department-of-work-and-pensions-48569.html)

jaysay 30-07-2009 10:50

Department of Work and Pensions

Yesterday I got a form to fill in from the Department of Work and Pensions, which I did immediately and sent it back. The post has just been and I've got another two letters from the Department of Work and Pensions, I opened the first one which told me they would be sending me a form which I should fill in and send it back, bolting the door when the horse has gone springs readily to mind. I opened the second letter which was the same form which I filled in yesterday, I decided to ring the help line, I told the young lady what had happened and she said the second one was probably a reminder:eek: and told me to ignore it. One has to wonder if they actually know what they are doing:eek:

Retlaw 30-07-2009 10:57

Re: Department of Work and Pensions

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 732125)
Yesterday I got a form to fill in from the Department of Work and Pensions, which I did immediately and sent it back. The post has just been and I've got another two letters from the Department of Work and Pensions, I opened the first one which told me they would be sending me a form which I should fill in and send it back, bolting the door when the horse has gone springs readily to mind. I opened the second letter which was the same form which I filled in yesterday, I decided to ring the help line, I told the young lady what had happened and she said the second one was probably a reminder:eek: and told me to ignore it. One has to wonder if they actually know what they are doing:eek:

Its quite possible for the post office to have caused the error, who nows what happens to the post once they get their hands on it, and how long they've had it before they deliver, they could have had the first one a week.

Retlaw

MargaretR 30-07-2009 10:58

When you have cheap labour in the civil service, you get a cheap service.
Just be thankful that the person you called spoke English

jaysay 30-07-2009 11:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 732127)

Do yo know Margaret, on the occasions I've had to ring W & P or the DHSS I have always had some one who speaks English, might have been lucky though:rolleyes:

jaysay 30-07-2009 11:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 732126)
Its quite possible for the post office to have caused the error, who nows what happens to the post once they get their hands on it, and how long they've had it before they deliver, they could have had the first one a week.

Retlaw

Irrespective Retlaw, each form was dated the one yesterday was dated the 23rd July the one today dated the 24th July :idunno:

MargaretR 30-07-2009 11:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 732129)
Do yo know Margaret, on the occasions I've had to ring W & P or the DHSS I have always had some one who speaks English, might have been lucky though:rolleyes:

When I was working there 15 years ago, there was consideration being given to outsourcing call centres in Asia.

jaysay 30-07-2009 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 732132)
When I was working there 15 years ago, there was consideration being given to outsourcing call centres in Asia.

I think there call centre is in somewhere like Northampton Margaret, I had a few problems about three years ago when I turned 60 and I rang this number and I actually asked this woman where she was based, I'm nearly sure that's what she told me

Benipete 30-07-2009 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 732127)

The same goes for under educated members of the civil service who do appear to be in the majority from my experiance.:enough:

MargaretR 30-07-2009 17:19

Nowadays they are just keyboard 'button pushers' on the minumum wage mostly

Life 30-07-2009 17:59

Hello everyone on Accy Web.

My first post would be to ask the person who is speaking about the department for work and pensions sending a form..
Did you requst the form or did it come out of the blue?

Is it any different than the kind of form you are used too?

jaysay 31-07-2009 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Life (Post 732207)
Hello everyone on Accy Web.

My first post would be to ask the person who is speaking about the department for work and pensions sending a form..
Did you requst the form or did it come out of the blue?

Is it any different than the kind of form you are used too?

Don't get too many forms these days (this one was from PC2 04/08) was sent from Warrington and had a PO Box Chester return address. It wasn't a computer generated form as the envelope it came in and my name, address NI number, tel number, return by date and help line number were all hand written, as was the second one I received the following day. The thing that annoyed me more than anything was the fact that obviously two people had sent me the same form, pausing the question does the right hand know what the left hand is doing:rolleyes:

Royboy39 31-07-2009 08:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 732313)
Don't get too many forms these days (this one was from PC2 04/08) was sent from Warrington and had a PO Box Chester return address. It wasn't a computer generated form as the envelope it came in and my name, address NI number, tel number, return by date and help line number were all hand written, as was the second one I received the following day. The thing that annoyed me more than anything was the fact that obviously two people had sent me the same form, pausing the question does the right hand know what the left hand is doing:rolleyes:

Two people looking after your interest John..........Lucky Man? :)

Mancie 31-07-2009 09:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 732313)
pausing the question does the right hand know what the left hand is doing:rolleyes:

:rofl38:I've heard about them sort of parties but never been to one!

jaysay 31-07-2009 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royboy39 (Post 732315)
Two people looking after your interest John..........Lucky Man? :)

It'll be alright if I get double bubble Roy:D