Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Had Enough (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/had-enough-48642.html)

Mick 04-08-2009 05:11

Had Enough

Sorry guys but i am sick and fed up of all the hassle and arguing on here
i am fed up of all the name calling .
i am really thinking of packing it all in
i have been a mod on here for 6 years and in that time i have had to take a lot of flack but took it to help Roy out
but i cant take it anymore i now know how kipax felt when he packed it in
i have really enjoyed it on here and have made a lot of friends but there are a few that just push things to far and this has happend once to often for me.
I have been sworn at, threatened with violence threatened to be sued and a lot of other things.
I have tried to help members and they just give sarcastic comments and try to stir things on site
and i can do without it and i am tired of it we used to have fun but cant do that these days .

I will stay until Roy gets back then have a word i will not leave him short of staff
But i really have had enough.

Mancie 04-08-2009 06:00

Re: Had Enough

hang on Mick..for all the crap you have put up with the fact is you are the Daddy on this site..you are the bloke that puts up with all this and if you jack it in it will die a slow death..in any situation there is always someone that sorts it out..like it or not... this site is not bigger than you or Roy.. you are the ones that control what is on and what is not on... I would not take your job on or any moderators job on this site but it is Your Website..like I say you and Roy own this site and if you feel so bad about moderating it then you can get rid of those who are causing the aggro..and that includes myself.,,and as an edit..there are mods on here that maybe should do more to help with your workload.

nortype 04-08-2009 06:46

just stop thinking about it mick. carry on the good work.

Wynonie Harris 04-08-2009 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 733164)
but there are a few that just push things to far and this has happend once to often for me.
I have been sworn at, threatened with violence threatened to be sued and a lot of other things.
I have tried to help members and they just give sarcastic comments and try to stir things on site

Ban 'em...and stay! :)

Eric 04-08-2009 07:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 733180)

D'accord ...

derekgas 04-08-2009 07:40

:eek: You cant do that Mick!! I agree with the above posts, AW needs you, just ban the troublemakers and please keep up the good work.

Margaret Pilkington 04-08-2009 07:46

OH, Mick.......We all know what it is like to become disenchanted, and we are only the little cogs on here.
Please, re-think your decision. You have helped more people on here that anyone knows. By all means have a break......but if you do that, please come back.
You are a good moderator. We, the members of Accyweb can't let you go so easily.

Those who abuse you and threaten you should be ashamed of themselves.......and deserve to be banned....for life!(and if they threaten you bodily harm should be prosecuted).

garinda 04-08-2009 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 733185)
You are a good moderator.

I'll second that. Excellent.

You're always scrupulously fair, in my opinion.

Perhaps more people should be banned if they are a problem, and that includes myself.

I hope you reconsider. It would never be the same without you.

MargaretR 04-08-2009 08:51

Sad news indeed.:(
I hope you change your mind,
but I respect that you know what is best for you.

Mancie 04-08-2009 08:52

and while your at it ..can you please edit my post and place in't the "anything goes" section..check all the spelling and sort out any swearing... and thanks for doing a good job.

jaysay 04-08-2009 09:09

Well mick is one of the few Accy Web members I have met, and he's helped me on a few occasions. It must be hard work being a Mod especially in mick's position, 2 I. C. to Roy, but lets lets look at it logically mick is the face of Accy Web and things would not be the same without him. I think things can get out of hand sometimes, especially when it comes to political threads, and I'm as much to blame as anybody on that score, but Accy Web goes way beyond that to me. I hope that you reconsider mick, your one of the genuine people in life and AW would be lost without you

cashman 04-08-2009 09:13

Quote:

that sounds about right to me, i know fer fact ya help everyone ya can, this fer me is the best site out there n its got damn good mods. hope ya re-consider mate.:(

katex 04-08-2009 09:18

Sorry Mick .. not allowed. Presume you did not read the small print on your contract. Have to give 6 years notice.

entwisi 04-08-2009 09:20

Posted via Mobile Device

political threads will always become emotive and as long as personal insults are avoided i see no issue with them becoming heated. If they were in a poltical section then people could easily avoid them if that isn't your thing in the same way i don't look at most of the stanley stuff.

However i have been the subject of personal insults on here that went beyond banter by one of the most long serving members. In my opinion a short ban ( as used to happen, i specifically recall, tadah, flashy and others suffering these) and repeat offendors being banned for life( we have examples of this as well.

mick is a good Mod and I hope he reconsiders, perhaps after so long he just needs a break and to let some of the others take the strain for a while.

BERNADETTE 04-08-2009 10:35

Quote:

Agree and while your at it get some of the other mods to carry some of the load. You are a lovely man who has helped me more than enough times, I hope you reconsider Accyweb wouldn't be Accyweb without you:)

Gayle 04-08-2009 10:55

I love Accy web - and it provides a really valuable service, in so many ways.

Please reconsider, Mick.

garinda 04-08-2009 11:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 733213)
However i have been the subject of personal insults on here that went beyond banter by one of the most long serving members.

Who?

I think that if you're going to post accusations, specifying they were 'one of the most long serving members' on here, you should name them. Otherwise it could just be seen as muck raking. Which this thread isn't about.

Since I've never received a warning/ban from a moderator, concerning yourself, I'm glad to say it won't be me.

When I've had a problem, both online and off, Mick's been there to help me, on more than one occasion.

garinda 04-08-2009 11:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 733272)
Who?

Scrub that.

This isn't the thread for naming names, and causing more trouble.

Fine to mention you feel you were insulted, and hopefully had the problem dealt with succesfully by the moderators. I just think it was totally uncalled for to mention they were one of the longest serving members on here, which points the finger at one of about ten people. Which is uncalled for.

entwisi 04-08-2009 12:00

Posted via Mobile Device

Its far more than 10 people and i don't think its any secret to who as its happened a number of times on a number of threads. Eventually it was a step too far and was dealt with by the Mods. It hasn't happened since andd that is why we do have a lot of respect for Mick and the other Mods.

Mancie 04-08-2009 12:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 733213)
Posted via Mobile Device

political threads will always become emotive and as long as personal insults are avoided i see no issue with them becoming heated. If they were in a poltical section then people could easily avoid them if that isn't your thing in the same way i don't look at most of the stanley stuff.

However i have been the subject of personal insults on here that went beyond banter by one of the most long serving members. In my opinion a short ban ( as used to happen, i specifically recall, tadah, flashy and others suffering these) and repeat offendors being banned for life( we have examples of this as well.

mick is a good Mod and I hope he reconsiders, perhaps after so long he just needs a break and to let some of the others take the strain for a while.

I would'nt like to get nicked with you Entwisi.. wee'd end up getting life with no parole! talk about "chirpy chirpy" :D

entwisi 04-08-2009 14:12

perhaps a more common sense no nonsense approach is whats needed in this world.....

I don't hide my views on how I would deal with crime but this thread is not about that.

katex 04-08-2009 14:15

Well. I 'aint gonna' beg .. http://planetsmilies.net/sad-smiley-8171.gif

but :

YouTube - Please Don't Go - KWS (HQ Audio)

LYNX1 04-08-2009 14:21

[quote=katex;733323]Well. I 'aint gonna' beg .. http://planetsmilies.net/sad-smiley-8171.gif

but :

Oh you little beggar Kate :D

Anyway if he did go who would supervise the research at the Railway :(

mattylad 04-08-2009 14:23

Mick, have a break from it all mate, get someone else in to help out or wait till Roy is back then have a long break.

I have been in your shoes before & its a thankless volunteer task that is never appreciated well enough.

Your the boss, you use your size 10's when needed! :D

claytonheath 04-08-2009 15:21

As a recently new member but an avid reader of the site, I would like to congratulate the mods on keeping this site sensible and a pleasure to read. When I asked for some advice recently when I was coming back 'home' for a break, I could not have been treated better by forum members, thank you. I subscribe, very occasionally now, to a site where I live, manxforums.com and find that as soon as a sensible or decent post starts there is always, to be polite, some ***hole who wants to throw a sarcastic or abusive comment in and when criticised just comes back with 'get a sense of humour or life'. I have wandered a bit, put that down to age, but what I want to say is that this site is excellent and well run, so, if you are thinking of giving up, think again please, I would miss the sensible well moderated forums (and the occasional laugh also)

Mancie 04-08-2009 15:34

well said oldclaytonian..and something we all strive for.

Less 04-08-2009 15:36

Please allow me to advise those that have upset Mick,

He is far too valuable to the site than the sum of the rest of us, accyweb has been left in his control with almost complete power by Roy because he can be trusted.

I suggest that anyone that may have upset him recently sends a P.M. apologising for the harm they have done to a person that can only be described as a wonderful gentle, man.

accyweb has had good and bad times, Mick has always been here for the rest of us.

Just think, if Mick is forced to continue along this line after over 6 years of none stop Moderating/Administration, Roy might just panic and replace him with me! Now that is a situation that the other mods would not tolerate and we don't need.

Keep Mick, stop giving him hassle, and enjoy accyweb, you know it makes sense.
:rolleyes:

garinda 04-08-2009 15:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 733274)
Scrub that.

This isn't the thread for naming names, and causing more trouble.

Fine to mention you feel you were insulted, and hopefully had the problem dealt with succesfully by the moderators. I just think it was totally uncalled for to mention they were one of the longest serving members on here, which points the finger at one of about ten people. Which is uncalled for.

I apologise Entwisi. You are entitled to say whatever you like, and I remember you did receive abuse. It's just that I don't often read those theads it happened in.

Sorry.

Sorry for thread wandering.

Who but St. Michael could keep us in order on here?

No one.

Please stay Mick.

What about if we all promise to start at least one daft thread per week?

:p:D:p

garinda 04-08-2009 15:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 733351)

He is far too valuable to the site than the sum of the rest of us, accyweb has been left in his control with almost complete power by Roy because he can be trusted.

I suggest that anyone that may have upset him recently sends a P.M. apologising for the harm they have done to a person that can only be described as a wonderful gentle, man.

You're quite right.

I reported a thread late last night.

I've just pm'd Mick to apologise incase it was that that sent him over the edge, when he logged on to do his work here this morning.

He is much too valuable a person to lose.

If it was me I'd honestly rather be banned for life, than for him to stop moderating Accy Web.

Neil 04-08-2009 17:18

Quote:

Roy might just panic and replace him with me! Now that is a situation that the other mods would not tolerate and we don't need.

Sounds like fun Less.

I am not saying you should stay Mick, it is up to you to decide if you want to or not. If you need to stop being a mod then you should no matter what other say. This place would not be the same without you though.

All those who are saying please stay should IMHO leave it to Mick to decide what he wants to do. Only he knows how he feels about it.

I always thought they did it wrong in the Stanley section with the mods being unknown. I can now see that maybe it is a good thing to have a few unknown mods so people who get posts deleted, banned etc don't know who to blame and abuse.

Stumped 04-08-2009 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 733164)
Sorry guys but i am sick and fed up of all the hassle and arguing on here
i am fed up of all the name calling .
i am really thinking of packing it all in
i have been a mod on here for 6 years and in that time i have had to take a lot of flack but took it to help Roy out
but i cant take it anymore i now know how kipax felt when he packed it in
i have really enjoyed it on here and have made a lot of friends but there are a few that just push things to far and this has happend once to often for me.
and i can do without it and i am tired of it we used to have fun but cant do that these days .

I will stay until Roy gets back then have a word i will not leave him short of staff
But i really have had enough.

As a relative newcomer to the site I have put my foot in it on more than one occasion, and been quickly brought to book for it. I heartily respect that we all have different opinions on a variety of subjects, but when it gets personal, it can hurt. Stick with it, Mick, as by far the majority of subscribers clearly respect you for all that you have done in maintaining the site, much to the betterment of all reasonable thinking people who take part.

cashman 04-08-2009 17:34

Quote:

accyweb has had good and bad times, Mick has always been here for the rest of us.

Keep Mick, stop giving him hassle, and enjoy accyweb, you know it makes sense.
:rolleyes:

think that sums things very well,failing that happening i suggest BOOT EM into touch period.:(

Margaret Pilkington 04-08-2009 17:35

Neil, while you are right about Mick being the one to decide whether to stay or go, those of us who have asked Mick to re-think are doing so because he is a good and fair moderator......and Mick needs to be told how much we value his work on the forum......all too often the work that is done behind the scenes gets no recognition.

Mick is worth a lot to this site......someone said in a previous post that Mick is the face of Accyweb.....and I believe that to be true.

West Ender 04-08-2009 18:00

I agree wholeheartedly with Margaret and others.

Mick says he's been abused and insulted, even physically threatened, and I believe him. There comes a point where real unpleasantness gets under the thickest of skins.

I hope, Mick, that the testimony of many of us that you're a nice guy and a very good Mod, makes up a little for the abuse. You don't have to put up with that sort of thing from bullies who hide behind a keyboard. Throw your weight about, too, for a change; ban them.

vera 04-08-2009 18:09

Mick, if you decide to "hand in your notice", who would keep the rowdies on the straight and narrow in the Railway at lunchtimes, also, if i turn up in Accy unannounced and my daughter is not at home, i know i can come down to the Railway and find her in there being looked after by all of you "elders" of Accyweb.

Barrie Yates 04-08-2009 18:11

As a newbie I don't have much experience on here, but i do know what an onerous task Moderator can be.
i had the pleasure to meet Mick when I was last in Accrington, I have also recieved help when first joining.
Mick, pleae reconsider, ther are A******s everywhere, but there are friends as well.

Less 04-08-2009 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by vera (Post 733408)
Mick, if you decide to "hand in your notice", who would keep the rowdies on the straight and narrow in the Railway at lunchtimes, also, if i turn up in Accy unannounced and my daughter is not at home, i know i can come down to the Railway and find her in there being looked after by all of you "elders" of Accyweb.

Excuse me?

He may be threatening to hang up his keyboard but, he can't possibly stop the research, nobody in the Railway does anything except abuse his liver!

LYNX1 04-08-2009 18:22

Whatever would I do in the afternoons if mick went...........I would be left with only Less, Benipete, and David1 (when he comes over) to terrorise.......that just wouldn't be right :( And anyway Mick bruises easier :D

shillelagh 04-08-2009 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by LYNX1 (Post 733414)
Whatever would I do in the afternoons if mick went...........I would be left with only Less, Benipete, and David1 (when he comes over) to terrorise.......that just wouldn't be right :( And anyway Mick bruises easier :D

Oi!!!! what about me and accylass when we come down to the railway .. you terrorise us you know .. why do you think i sit next to less most of the time .. he protects me!!!!:D

LYNX1 04-08-2009 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 733452)
Oi!!!! what about me and accylass when we come down to the railway .. you terrorise us you know .. why do you think i sit next to less most of the time .. he protects me!!!!:D

I thought it was a love thing lol..........but then again this is less we talking about :D

shillelagh 04-08-2009 19:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by LYNX1 (Post 733453)
I thought it was a love thing lol..........but then again this is less we talking about :D

no one can take my sweetie pies place even though hes all the way up there in grangemouth lynx .. :D:D:D not even cutie pie or cashy dearest can take his place .. :D:D:D

plus theres more room next to less ... he dont take as much room up!!!!:D:D:D

LYNX1 04-08-2009 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 733456)
no one can take my sweetie pies place even though hes all the way up there in grangemouth lynx .. :D:D:D not even cutie pie or cashy dearest can take his place .. :D:D:D

Awwwwwwwwwwww how sweet........you only saying that so Spuggie will be nice to you when he comes down again :D

shillelagh 04-08-2009 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by LYNX1 (Post 733457)
Awwwwwwwwwwww how sweet........you only saying that so Spuggie will be nice to you when he comes down again :D

hes always nice to me .. he gets out of bed and goes along the road and treats me to a maccydees breakfast .. at least once everytime he comes down .. and he does the cooking .. mind you that might be self preservation!!!!:D:D:D

Bagpuss 04-08-2009 20:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 733384)
I always thought they did it wrong in the Stanley section with the mods being unknown.

We know who the mods in the Stanley section are.

Bagpuss 04-08-2009 20:16

Just think if Mick does decide to call it a day he could spend more time moderating in the Railway.

lindsay ormerod 04-08-2009 20:20

Mick isn't the only who has threatened to quit ,believe me, and it was him who persuaded me to stay when I was on the receiving end of threats and personal insults. There are some folk on here who will not learn from a fortnight ban or a slap on the wrist, folk who are vitriolic and sometimes downright horrible. I have learnt not to take it personally but it's a shame these people can't see the damage that they do, maybe they would think twice and mind their own business instead of invading other people's lives.
Rant over.
Please stay Mick!

Wynonie Harris 04-08-2009 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod (Post 733469)
There are some folk on here who will not learn from a fortnight ban or a slap on the wrist, folk who are vitriolic and sometimes downright horrible.

One way to teach 'em. Ban 'em for life!

lindsay ormerod 04-08-2009 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 733475)
One way to teach 'em. Ban 'em for life!

If it was up to me Wyn, believe me I would! Sadly the downside of moderating under your own name is that you are easy to find, I value my health and have to consider my family. Sounds extreme but it's not!:rolleyes:

Wynonie Harris 04-08-2009 21:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod (Post 733476)
If it was up to me Wyn, believe me I would! Sadly the downside of moderating under your own name is that you are easy to find, I value my health and have to consider my family. Sounds extreme but it's not!:rolleyes:

I know there's some volatile characters on here, but never realised there were people like that, Lindsay. No wonder Mick's fed up! :(

Sparkologist 04-08-2009 21:25

I'm very sorry that you feel the way you do, Mick.

Don't let the bullies get you down.

nortype 04-08-2009 21:51

mick. just stay not be the same without you. you help all who need it. only met once but i feel i can call you a friend cheer's ray.

Nickelson 04-08-2009 23:28

I say bring out the Ban Hammer ... :whack:

Mick 05-08-2009 05:24

Well this is a surprise i meant to put my post up as a statement and close the thread but i must have forgot or one of the other mods saw it and opened it.
Thank you all for your support and help i am feeling a lot better today
i had a chat with a few members yesterday and not just the ones in the railway
i really enjoy the site and i have always liked helping people but there are some you just cant help
as i said in the first post i have made a lot of good new friends in the years i have been on here and don't like it when i loose them through arguing and other things anyway things are a whole lot better now.
There is one member who i have had to slap there hands on more than 6 occasions that has posted in this thread in support of me which really surprised me and has really got to me to them a special thank you you know who you are:D

Margaret Pilkington 05-08-2009 07:16

Mick, I am glad you are feeling in a better frame of mind.
I am sure all of the people who have posted, and sung your praises, can't be wrong.

It just goes to show, that sometimes we need to give the backroom guys a round of applause for the stuff they do.

Thanks Mick. You are a star!

derekgas 05-08-2009 07:25

I am glad you are feeling better about this Mick, and hope the people who helped cause this are capable of realising who they are, and curb it, threats of any kind, via a forum are despicable, see you at the meet Mick, and dont forget the pink t shirt :D

Barrie Yates 05-08-2009 08:07

Glad you are feeling better about the situation Mick. I think that the posts on this thread demonstrates the high esteem in which the majority hold you - With Regards

LYNX1 05-08-2009 08:11

whoooooooopppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........still got a full compliment at the railway.......:D

cashman 05-08-2009 08:12

glad yer feeling a bit better mate, think i can say that fer many people.:)

vera 05-08-2009 08:22

WHHHHOOOOPPPPEEEE!!!! I should think so too. This is where you belong

Less 05-08-2009 08:34

It's not fair, you raised the hopes of a long standing member who has always had ambitions to be a mod, (no, not me, I wouldn't touch the job for a gold clock), but I bet he/she is most disappointed about you staying on.

Ah well, never mind whoever you are, (we both know), better luck next time.

http://planetsmilies.net/vicious-smiley-1759.gif

Glad you're staying for many reasons but the main one being you are perfect for the job.

jaysay 05-08-2009 08:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 733601)
It's not fair, you raised the hopes of a long standing member who has always had ambitions to be a mod, (no, not me, I wouldn't touch the job for a gold clock), but I bet he/she is most disappointed about you staying on.

Glad you're staying for many reasons but the main one being you are perfect for the job.

Its marvelous how Less always comes up with a true and down to earth statement, your right Less there are many reasons for mick staying and as you quite rightly said the main reason is that he's perfect for the job:mosher:

Sara 05-08-2009 18:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 733574)
Well this is a surprise i meant to put my post up as a statement and close the thread but i must have forgot or one of the other mods saw it and opened it.
Thank you all for your support and help i am feeling a lot better today
i had a chat with a few members yesterday and not just the ones in the railway
i really enjoy the site and i have always liked helping people but there are some you just cant help
as i said in the first post i have made a lot of good new friends in the years i have been on here and don't like it when i loose them through arguing and other things anyway things are a whole lot better now.
There is one member who i have had to slap there hands on more than 6 occasions that has posted in this thread in support of me which really surprised me and has really got to me to them a special thank you you know who you are:D

Does this mean you're staying? Hope so, you do a brilliant job and it is very, very much appreaciated.

mthead 05-08-2009 19:45

I personally would hate to see you leave Mick.Without any names being mentioned I think we all can guess who the people are, as the ones I have in mind havent posted in this thread.:rolleyes:
I know you do a thankless task,but you moderate fair IMHO.Please reconsider mate and obviously I'm not the only one who feels the same way.

Royboy39 05-08-2009 20:15

Quote:

This is the first and probably the only time I will agree with Less.
I have been sanctioned twice, probably with good reason. Mick has a good point of which I agree, if anyone threatens, for whatever reason, total ban.
Glad your staying Mick and Cashies sig has a positive meaning. DLTBGYD.

Gayle 05-08-2009 21:17

Quote:

Well, I'm not disappointed that Mick is stopping on - he's perfect for the job, far fairer than most of us could ever be.

As it happens, I pm'd Mick with an offer of help or support, but as Mick has quite rightly decided to keep on going, I don't have to put my money where my mouth is, so's to speak. The main problem with being a mod is that you have to stop posting in some of the more controversial threads, and those are the ones I like most. :D

Just one thing though - I thought pm's were supposed to be private. So, you're probably NOT refering to MY pm to Mick, are you Less?

cashman 05-08-2009 23:06

you aint a long standing member gayle, only bin around as long as me, were newbies.;)

cherokee 05-08-2009 23:25

Blimey I turn my head for 5 mins and omg!!!!
Mick I have read this thread with not only dissapointment but also relief.

Im dissapointed that anyone could possibly threaten you and I think thats bloody awful. and who ever these people are then they should be ashamed of themselves.

You have done a fantastic job on here Mick and for Accyweb and Roy to lose you would be the day it would fall appart.
Yeah sure it would prob pick itself up again but it would never be the same IMO .

You are the Mod of all Mods and yes you are the best AW has got. Thing is you cant please everyone all of the time , Blimey even Ive been miffed with you at times , but that dont mean I want you ousted out.or to leave

I stay away from AW when things cheese me off but I also know no matter how long I stay away you are at the end of the phone should I need any help or advice.

Im glad you feel better mick and I hope you dont leave. Despite the few mongrels on here that are hell bent on making life a misery for others ,Just remember there are many many more that far outdo them

Accyweb has some wonderful and very genuine members and at the end of the day you have become friends with most of them.

So jump back on the rollercoaster and get some modding done;):tongueout:D

Less 06-08-2009 01:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 733712)

Just one thing though - I thought pm's were supposed to be private. So, you're probably NOT refering to MY pm to Mick, are you Less?

No Gayle, I wasn't referring to you, so far as I know your P.M. had remained private until now, (you and your big mouth), as indeed is any modding that Mick does, the most he has mentioned to me was the great support he had been given by a large number of members.

:)

steeljack 06-08-2009 06:23

Good to read you are staying onboard , think you do a thankless/great job .

and for Lindsay Ormerod , like your style/sense of humour , and as Cashy's sig. says DLTBGYD (still think your 'opposable thumbs' post was one of the best, alongside one of garindas about NuLabour ,mushy peas and guacamole , two priceless gems ) :D ;)

Margaret Pilkington 06-08-2009 06:56

I do so hate it when people allude to things that I can't work out.......(someone, a long standing member, having delusions of grandeur at becoming a MOD if Mick vacated his job)

Being a bear of little brain, I can't work out who this might be......and while I know, Less, that you can mention no names(for obvious reasons)....it causes my brain(the little I've got) to ache.

jaysay 06-08-2009 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 733764)
I do so hate it when people allude to things that I can't work out.......(someone, a long standing member, having delusions of grandeur at becoming a MOD if Mick vacated his job)

Being a bear of little brain, I can't work out who this might be......and while I know, Less, that you can mention no names(for obvious reasons)....it causes my brain(the little I've got) to ache.

Thats a relief Margaret, now I know I'm not on my own:D

cashman 06-08-2009 08:46

reckon i know, would put money on it.:D

BERNADETTE 06-08-2009 08:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 733776)
reckon i know, would put money on it.:D

Stop teasing:rolleyes:

harwood red 06-08-2009 09:12

you're def not alone margaret and cashy... I wondered that too and also the person Mick was alluding to being suprised at them joining in this thread when they have obviously caused probs in the past... oh hum :confused:

MUMMIBOO 06-08-2009 09:49

I dont think he would be allowed to leave Accyweb my mum wouldnt allow it, i mean how long would she be able to put up with him grumping about the house? he wouldnt be able to go on accyweb coz every post he looked at he would still be scanning in mod mode and want to move and delete and close threads and he just wouldnt have the buttons to do it lol.

Glad your staying dad (for everyones sanity lol) xxx
see we all love you.xx

Mancie 06-08-2009 11:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by harwood red (Post 733791)
you're def not alone margaret and cashy... I wondered that too and also the person Mick was alluding to being suprised at them joining in this thread when they have obviously caused probs in the past... oh hum :confused:

oh hum? just say what and who you are talking about.. ...I stand by everything I have said on this forum...but I've never taken account the moderators and the job they do but that is something I am now aware of, and I reckon I'm not the only one....slanging matches between members are sometimes fun, but I can see how it gets hard for the mods to do the cleaning.

harwood red 06-08-2009 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 733826)
oh hum? just say what and who you are talking about..

That's the point Mancie I don't know who they were talking about hence my response to Margaret and Cashy saying the same thing...but its pretty irrelevant really I'm just glad Mick is staying cos I am also one of those that Mick has helped out too :)

Mancie 06-08-2009 12:03

and I'm glad Mick is staying...I don't know anyone on here but I know the bloke has the respect of thousands ..and there's not many that can claim that.

mthead 06-08-2009 13:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 733830)
and I'm glad Mick is staying...I don't know anyone on here but I know the bloke has the respect of thousands ..and there's not many that can claim that.

I couldnt have put that any better mate well said :)

pipinfort 06-08-2009 15:34

I don`t know whats gone on but keep up the good work Mick.

Margaret Pilkington 06-08-2009 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 733826)
oh hum? just say what and who you are talking about.. ...I stand by everything I have said on this forum...but I've never taken account the moderators and the job they do but that is something I am now aware of, and I reckon I'm not the only one....slanging matches between members are sometimes fun, but I can see how it gets hard for the mods to do the cleaning.

Mancie......I certainly never mentioned your name, or anyone elses for that matter. It is for Mick and the person/s concerned, and only them to know exactly what went on.....it is not for us to assume or conjecture. I am glad that you have mentioned your appreciation for the work that Mick does for this brilliant site....and that you now are aware of some of the difficulties of the job. We should all do our bit to help relieve some of the pressure on the Moderators.....and while I know it might be seen as fun to have a slanging match with someone online, you have to ask yourself if you would say those things if the person was sat opposite you.....and if the answer is 'NO' then don't do it online. That is just basic Netiquette.

Neil 06-08-2009 18:59

will you lot shut up being nice to Mick, he won't be able to get his head out the door to go to the railway tomorrow :D:D:D

Less 06-08-2009 19:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 733951)
will you lot shut up being nice to Mick, he won't be able to get his head out the door to go to the railway tomorrow :D:D:D

Oh yes he will, he think's it's my turn to pay!

http://www.tiptopglobe.com/skin/smile/s12274.gif

Neil 07-08-2009 05:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 733955)

That will be a first, Mick thinking :D:D:D

Mick 07-08-2009 05:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 734053)
That will be a first, Mick thinking :D:D:D

i THINK i will ban Neil:D see i can think:tongueout

SPUGGIE J 07-08-2009 06:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 733955)

http://www.tiptopglobe.com/skin/smile/s12274.gif

EVERYONE TO THE RAILWAY LESS HAS WON THE LOTTERY
!!!!!!!

He is buying for anyone in there this afternoon and says all are welcome. Such a kind man for sharing his good fortune. :D

jaysay 07-08-2009 08:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J (Post 734057)

EVERYONE TO THE RAILWAY LESS HAS WON THE LOTTERY!!!!!!!

He is buying for anyone in there this afternoon and says all are welcome. Such a kind man for sharing his good fortune. :D

A tenner ain't going to go that far Spugs:D:D

shillelagh 07-08-2009 09:01

Depends jaysay if he buys em all orange and soda!!! LolPosted via Mobile Device

vera 08-08-2009 00:01

can't see Acclass being happy about that now she has advanced onto WKD

Eric 08-08-2009 02:26

So, he's staying .... good .... we need continuity .... never had much trouble on here, and I only had one post yanked; think I posted in Cree or Algonquin ..... it was too foul and disgusting to post in English; but as I'm the only sixty-three-year-old not allowed in the over 18s, I had to use one of my country's other official languages. Mick sounds like a real nice guy, and is obviously well respected. I'm glad he's staying.:D Tansi keya big guy;):D By the way, that's not foul and disgusting.;)

steeljack 08-08-2009 07:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 734453)
but as I'm the only sixty-three-year-old not allowed in the over 18s, .;)

Same here I'm 60 and not allowed in , just a suggestion, but think there should be a special dispensation for overseas ISP users who have posted enough messages to prove they have a knowledge of Accy in the "owd' days ,maybe little test , where were the sunken Gardens ...on Broadway , who was Arthur Davidson ...Labour MP, what route did the 277 Ribble bus run ...West End to Great Harwood , thru Church (could have been the 227) .... but rules are rules (I guess) :D ;) ;)

jaysay 08-08-2009 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 734453)
So, he's staying .... good .... we need continuity .... never had much trouble on here, and I only had one post yanked; think I posted in Cree or Algonquin ..... it was too foul and disgusting to post in English; but as I'm the only sixty-three-year-old not allowed in the over 18s, I had to use one of my country's other official languages. Mick sounds like a real nice guy, and is obviously well respected. I'm glad he's staying.:D Tansi keya big guy;):D By the way, that's not foul and disgusting.;)

Nice Guy Eric, our micks a pearl amongs swine:D