Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Energie Gym Gone Bust (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/energie-gym-gone-bust-48796.html)

Taggy 11-08-2009 12:39

Energie Gym Gone Bust

Arrived at the Energie Gym this morning to find a notice on the door stating that it had gone out of Business. I was there yesterday afternoon, yet no one said anything then. I even received an email from them this morning reminding me to book in for a fitness review! The notice states that for all people who have paid an annual fee (I'm one of them), Hynburn Sports Centre have agreed to honour the remainder of the membership agreement, i went straight over to the Sports Centre, and was told no such agreement was in place, and the Energie Gym owner had been told to alter this notice. The Sports Centre took my name and said they will contact me, and others soon to see if they can arrange something! Have a feeling i'll be whistling for my £250 membership which i only took out in May! I had been talking with the Gym owner a week or so back and he was stating then how he was struggling to get people around here to pay £24per month membership, yet other Gyms in the chain could charge upto £48 per month.

Best Regards - Taggy

churchman phil 11-08-2009 14:38

Re: Energie Gym Gone Bust

£48 per month!!!!! :eek:

Some people must have nothing better to do with their money!! Why not save it and go for a walk?? :D

wadey 11-08-2009 15:44

At énergie we share a passion for fitness and wellbeing, our success has led to the development of a unique range of franchised products which empower individuals to transform their own lives and those of their customers and staff teams. Our aim is simple... to build the UK's largest group of owner operated fitness and wellbeing franchises under one powerful brand.
energie fitness clubs
O dear it looks like a franchise

jaysay 11-08-2009 16:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taggy (Post 735420)
Arrived at the Energie Gym this morning to find a notice on the door stating that it had gone out of Business. I was there yesterday afternoon, yet no one said anything then. I even received an email from them this morning reminding me to book in for a fitness review! The notice states that for all people who have paid an annual fee (I'm one of them), Hynburn Sports Centre have agreed to honour the remainder of the membership agreement, i went straight over to the Sports Centre, and was told no such agreement was in place, and the Energie Gym owner had been told to alter this notice. The Sports Centre took my name and said they will contact me, and others soon to see if they can arrange something! Have a feeling i'll be whistling for my £250 membership which i only took out in May! I had been talking with the Gym owner a week or so back and he was stating then how he was struggling to get people around here to pay £24per month membership, yet other Gyms in the chain could charge upto £48 per month.

Best Regards - Taggy

Thats a bit of a sickener Taggy £250 is a lot of brass to lose like that

MargaretR 11-08-2009 16:27

'A fool and his money are soon parted'
Karma for the first person to find out who said that (wasn't me);)
:signntme:

pipinfort 11-08-2009 16:46

Thomas Tusser...............?

MargaretR 11-08-2009 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by pipinfort (Post 735456)
Thomas Tusser...............?

correct:)
Thomas Tusser Quotes

cashman 11-08-2009 16:56

reading some of those Tusser sounds like a bit of a ****** to me.:D

MargaretR 11-08-2009 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 735460)
reading some of those Tusser sounds like a bit of a ****** to me.:D

You have to make allowances for his age
Thomas Tusser (1524–1580)

pipinfort 11-08-2009 17:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 735457)

thank you:)

Taggy 11-08-2009 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 735448)
'A fool and his money are soon parted'
Karma for the first person to find out who said that (wasn't me);)
:signntme:

Meaning???????

Best Regards - Taggy

Benipete 11-08-2009 17:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taggy (Post 735469)
Meaning???????

Best Regards - Taggy

Think she means your a Tusser but at least you lost 250 pounds - well done.:hehetable

Taggy 11-08-2009 18:00

Nowt Funny about people losing their money Pal...or indeed the staff who have lost their jobs, dont think they will be laughing!

Best REgards - Taggy

shillelagh 11-08-2009 18:14

Not surprised really .. gym memberships are one of the first to go in a recession when people are losing their jobs .. its a luxury ... and most councils have schemes if you are out of work or on benefits that you can use their gyms at a discount. People are saving their money ..

Benipete 11-08-2009 18:52

Weight lifting has always had it's ups and downs.:confused::D