Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   stockleys (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/stockleys-49552.html)

K.S.H 25-09-2009 06:56

stockleys

get stocked up if you have a sweet tooth, just been told they have gone bust.

flashy 25-09-2009 06:57

Re: stockleys

where am i going to get my coltsfoot rock from now ? :eek: :(

jaysay 25-09-2009 08:43

Another well established firm gone

Taggy 25-09-2009 09:09

Blimey, thats a bit of a shock! But the old lady across from me was just complaining how dear there toffee is in Ossy Mills, so perhaps its down to so much cheap competition these days!

Best Regards - Taggy

cashman 25-09-2009 11:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taggy (Post 747647)
Blimey, thats a bit of a shock! But the old lady across from me was just complaining how dear there toffee is in Ossy Mills, so perhaps its down to so much cheap competition these days!

Best Regards - Taggy

cheap crap would be nearer the mark Taggy, still its the way of the world, another established firm bites the dust.:(

K.S.H 25-09-2009 11:50

Heard all the staff have to work for no pay for the next two week or they will not receive any redundancy pay, surely they can't do that

cashman 25-09-2009 12:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by K.S.H (Post 747685)
Heard all the staff have to work for no pay for the next two week or they will not receive any redundancy pay, surely they can't do that

if theres no union yon, they can't afford to dispute it.IMHO.

flashy 25-09-2009 17:58

was talking to the woman and the fella on the sweet stall in Accy about it today, he said he hasnt been able to get hold of any Stockleys sweets for a while now, what he has on the stall now is what he's had for a while and is running out fast :(

Sara 25-09-2009 21:06

Was in Ossy Mills last Monday and a member of staff was filling the sweets up. I asked had they any sasparalla (sp) drops/tablets. She didn't have a clue what i was on about said she'd never heard of them. With sales staff like that, well it doesn't really suprise me.

But i do feel sorry for the staff whose getting laid of and having to work for two weeks without pay, well it's disgusting.

katex 25-09-2009 21:24

Just in administration at the moment .. so still hope :

PricewaterhouseCoopers

Will be really bad news for Ossie Mills ... one of their main tenants ... probably the main creditor too, so could be knock on effect there.

Ossywarrior 25-09-2009 23:12

its there parent company that has gone into administration so stockleys maybe profitable fingers crossed and the owners of ossy mills should by the stockleys brand/name as it is heritage.

Wynonie Harris 26-09-2009 20:57

Crikey! Glad I bought a 1lb of Coltsfoot Rock from the stall in the market hall this morning. Might have to go back and buy up their remaining stock...I'm addicted to the stuff!

Taggy 26-09-2009 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 748183)
Crikey! Glad I bought a 1lb of Coltsfoot Rock from the stall in the market hall this morning. Might have to go back and buy up their remaining stock...I'm addicted to the stuff!

Me too........Love the Stuff!!...Race ya down on Monday!!:D

Best Regards - Taggy

Wynonie Harris 26-09-2009 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taggy (Post 748191)
Me too........Love the Stuff!!...Race ya down on Monday!!:D

Best Regards - Taggy

You'll beat me to it, mate. Won't be up to Accy again until the next home match. Just leave a little bit for me...please! :D

Taggy 26-09-2009 21:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 748192)
You'll beat me to it, mate. Won't be up to Accy again until the next home match. Just leave a little bit for me...please! :D

LOL!! OK will Do!;)

Best Regards - Taggy