Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   The real crunch (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/the-real-crunch-49575.html)

Mancie 26-09-2009 02:33

The real crunch

Intrest rates at a all time low..food prices falling...fastest growth rate in Europe.
throw it all away when the Daily Mail boys start egging you on to vote Tory!

andrewb 26-09-2009 07:03

Re: The real crunch

I don't think pensioners who have saved all their lives quite share your joy of ultra low interest rates which the Bank of England have been forced to lower due to our failing economy. This 'growth rate' you speak of. Were in a recession.. and we've borrowed hundreds of billions. That's real hard cash that will take generations of taxation to pay off if we ever manage to do it. Not something to brag about really when other European countries don't face deficit on anywhere near our scale because they saved in prosperous times rather than going on a wasteful spending binge.

jaysay 26-09-2009 08:56

Don't thik we'll have to ask any body to vote Tory Mancie it'll be a case of anything but Labour:rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 26-09-2009 19:02

What makes you think that readers of the Daily Mail cannot make up their own minds as to who to vote for?

Mancie 26-09-2009 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 748152)
What makes you think that readers of the Daily Mail cannot make up their own minds as to who to vote for?

Jaysay said ;
"Don't thik we'll have to ask any body to vote Tory Mancie it'll be a case of anything but Labour:rolleyes:"
I think that confirms what I said.. the we'll is a bit of a give away...I was refering to some members on here that post Tory propaganda mostly got from the Daily Mail.

cashman 26-09-2009 20:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 747998)
I don't think pensioners who have saved all their lives quite share your joy of ultra low interest rates which the Bank of England have been forced to lower due to our failing economy. This 'growth rate' you speak of. Were in a recession.. and we've borrowed hundreds of billions. That's real hard cash that will take generations of taxation to pay off if we ever manage to do it. Not something to brag about really when other European countries don't face deficit on anywhere near our scale because they saved in prosperous times rather than going on a wasteful spending binge.

gotta pick ya up yon andrew, according to some of yer tory boys, we are NOT in recession, we are in fact come out of, that phylosophy beats the crap out of me.:confused: BUT they do know better.:rolleyes:

jaysay 27-09-2009 09:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 748166)
Jaysay said ;
"Don't thik we'll have to ask any body to vote Tory Mancie it'll be a case of anything but Labour:rolleyes:"
I think that confirms what I said.. the we'll is a bit of a give away...I was refering to some members on here that post Tory propaganda mostly got from the Daily Mail.

I don't need the Mail Mancie, I still have passwords for the Tory Extranet data base, Simples:D

Margaret Pilkington 27-09-2009 09:52

I read a variety of newspapers, the Daily Mail is one of them, but I am quite capable of making my own mind up about the attributes of the various political parties........at the moment, there isn't one of them that would inspire me to vote for them.......they are all disconnected from what is happening in the 'real world'.....not the world that they find themselves cocooned in.