Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   6year old in deep trouble in usa (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/6year-old-in-deep-trouble-in-usa-49947.html)

accyman 15-10-2009 19:26

6year old in deep trouble in usa

i think this is streaming live im not sure but i hope teh lad makes it down safely,you can just make him out in the center of teh balloon

below is what i have copied from an merican forum i am a member of

http://www.cnn.com/video/flashLive/l...am1&iref=lb100

FOX News Live Stream

Some guy made a hot air balloon that looks like a flying saucer and this 6 year old kid some how climbed into the balloon while the parents werent looking and some how the balloon came detached from its harness and flew off.... he's been in the air for a few hours now..

accyman 15-10-2009 19:45

Re: 6year old in deep trouble in usa

the balloon has come down but no sign of teh little boy , not looking too god for teh poor sod

steeljack 15-10-2009 19:51

Been watching it live , jumping stations , some of the comments from the commentators have been priceless. hope they find the kid , didn't look like any "holes" in the gondola from which could have fallen thru

accyman 15-10-2009 20:00

tehy say teh door was open and he could have fallen out at some point, i thought he was ontop of the balloon not in it so what i saw on top god only knows it must have been a shadow or somthing

steeljack 15-10-2009 22:22

they found the kid hiding in a cardboard box in the attic

Colorado Balloon Boy found alive, was never inside inside balloon - KDVR

MargaretR 15-10-2009 22:31

Who pays for the search?

katex 15-10-2009 23:10

Phew ... that's a relief .. so glad he is ok, however, why was he hiding ? Because he had released the balloon ? Parents had appeared on a Wife Swap programme .. obviously love publicity. Conspiracy ? Oh hek .. wicked thoughts Kate. :whip:

Just read some of the comments against this article .. not on my own.

steeljack 15-10-2009 23:19

probably the Colorado dept. of public safety and local Sheriffs dept. , if they had done a proper job of searching the house when he was reported missing none of what followed would have been necessary . That being said, all the "airborne" search was done by TV choppers following the balloon looking for a good (disaster) news story . It was also a good exercise for local disaster prepardness personnel in real-time, not the usual typical micky-mouse pre planned exercise ;) ;)

jaysay 16-10-2009 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 753964)
Phew ... that's a relief .. so glad he is ok, however, why was he hiding ? Because he had released the balloon ? Parents had appeared on a Wife Swap programme .. obviously love publicity. Conspiracy ? Oh heck .. wicked thoughts Kate. :whip:

Just read some of the comments against this article .. not on my own.

Wicked thoughts kate, not really, I didn't see it until Breakfast News this morning, and when I heard the whole story I thought exactly what you did about publicity:rolleyes:

mani 18-10-2009 04:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 753897)
i think this is streaming live im not sure but i hope teh lad makes it down safely,you can just make him out in the center of teh balloon

question is what was in the centre of the balloon that accyman was looking at?? *LOL*

apparently the father's tried to have a few cracks at fame before hand and i was listening to an american newsreader on bbc 5live and he was sayin how awful he felt for the kids as the parents were dragging them around doing the chat shows the next day - despite the 6 year old being sick several times they still carried on as if nothing was wrong.

they've also been charged with something - what they will be isnt clear yet...

***Mr D*** 18-10-2009 14:13

Like he didnt know he wasnt in the ballon. Publicity stunt, what for who knows, UFO disclosure.:D

katex 18-10-2009 17:53

There was a little snippet today that the father was being charged with something ... no details as yet.

I prefer the little story of the 6 year old who let a balloon go 14 weeks (?) back, and landed in Windsor Palace grounds ... the Queen sent him a letter to say it had been found. Sorry thread wander.

shillelagh 18-10-2009 18:19

BBC NEWS | Americas | US balloon boy case 'was a hoax'

seems everyone was took in by them ..

jaysay 19-10-2009 09:37

Just a though, as anybody fund the Dingles Blimp yet:D

garinda 19-10-2009 09:54

I think alarm bells should have been heard when the father reported it first to a television station, before he called 911.

That, plus the fact they've already appeared on American Wife Swap, have been pestering tv companies to make a documentary about their lives as storm chasers, oh, and the parents met at drama school.

Still, they got what they wanted...publicity.

:rolleyes: