Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Still in recession (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/still-in-recession-50957.html)

jaysay 23-12-2009 09:20

Still in recession

FT.com / UK / Economy & Trade - Britain remains mired in recession
It seems that in spite of our Prime Minster flying round the world saving it from the global recession the UK is one of only three major economies still in negative growth, plus we have unprecedented debt, with only last month the government borrowing more in one month and at anytime since records began. I think its time Berk and Hare to called it quits and were put out to grass back in their native jockland never to be heard of again, they are the biggest disaster ever to be inflicted on this country

Less 23-12-2009 10:53

Re: Still in recession

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 771491)
FT.com / UK / Economy & Trade - Britain remains mired in recession
It seems that in spite of our Prime Minster flying round the world saving it from the global recession the UK is one of only three major economies still in negative growth, plus we have unprecedented debt, with only last month the government borrowing more in one month and at anytime since records began. I think its time Berk and Hare to called it quits and were put out to grass back in their native jockland never to be heard of again, they are the biggest disaster ever to be inflicted on this country

Here endeth the first lesson of a Thatcherite.

I hate these blind faith religion threads!

:lol::yelrotflm:rofl38::bangh8:

accyman 23-12-2009 13:08

apart from petrol prices been up , chicken been a little bit expensive and british gas taking teh urine with their prices i cant really say iv noticed much if any change in my finances since this recession began

maybe its just the well off that are getting hit hard i dont know but im not that much worse off its just a pitty i was already broke to start with lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 771513)
I hate these blind faith religion threads!

i must admit the tory aspect of this site is the internet quivalent of jehovas witnesses knocking on your door at times but instead of hiding in teh back room i go to anything goes lol

MargaretR 23-12-2009 13:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 771546)
the tory aspect of this site is the internet equivalent of jehovas witnesses knocking on your door at times but instead of hiding in the back room i go to anything goes lol

I agree - sometimes I am tempted to say to some
'Put a different record on' or 'the needle's stuck':rolleyes:

Benipete 23-12-2009 14:04

[quote=accyman;771546]apart from petrol prices been up , chicken been a little bit expensive and british gas taking teh urine with their prices i cant really say iv noticed much if any change in my finances since this recession began:

Those nice people at British Gas have just sent me a rebate.:D:theband:

jaysay 23-12-2009 15:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 771552)
I agree - sometimes I am tempted to say to some
'Put a different record on' or 'the needle's stuck':rolleyes:

I have just as much right to have my say as Jones, Dawson and co, and if you don't like lump it, or don't read the thread:tongueout

Boeing Guy 23-12-2009 15:35

So in order to post on here regarding politics you must be a lefty then.....
funny I never saw that in the rules.

Less 23-12-2009 15:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boeing Guy (Post 771596)
So in order to post on here regarding politics you must be a lefty then.....
funny I never saw that in the rules.

Not at all, but it would be nice if instead of just being faithful to one party in criticism of another, sometimes an admission that we would probably be in exactly the same boat under the Tories, after all, none of the so called financial experts saw this cock-up coming and blindly pretending that things would be different is of no use to anyone of any party.

I admire anyone that can be support their party without always having to knock the opposition.:cool:

jaysay 23-12-2009 15:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 771598)
Not at all, but it would be nice if instead of just being faithful to one party in criticism of another, sometimes an admission that we would probably be in exactly the same boat under the Tories, after all, none of the so called financial experts saw this cock-up coming and blindly pretending that things would be different is of no use to anyone of any party.

I admire anyone that can be support their party without always having to knock the opposition.:cool:

Plain to see why you have never been into politics Less:D So the next time Mr Jones comes on here no doubt you'll be giving him the same advice, because if it rains on wash days he blames the Tories:rolleyes:

Less 23-12-2009 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 771599)
So the next time Mr Jones comes on here no doubt you'll be giving him the same advice,

Possibly, I just don't see an advantage of always calling the opposition, in the blind fanatical way that you do, it might be different if you could come up with practical solutions at the same time but you never can/do.

But, be honest if the Tories had been in power we would be just as stuffed as a nation so far as the recession is concerned.

Quote:

because if it rains on wash days he blames the Tories:rolleyes:
Does he blame the Tory for the rain? Or for sending him out in it to put clothes on the line?:D

Barrie Yates 23-12-2009 16:28

I may have got this wrong. I thought that the government (Labour) were encouraging more people to go to University only a short time ago. Now the same government is saying it will cut funding and fine Universities for taking too many students. Of course it was the real Prince of Darkness that made the statement, but what are we to believe? We have an unelected PM and an unelected (truly unelected) effective Deputy PM. Is this democracy as we know it?

Eric 23-12-2009 17:01

Seems to me that the recession was caused by those supporters of toryism who run the banks and the financial institutions ... if the greedy right wingers in the UK, the US and other assorted "free market" economies hadn't got out of hand ... eyes greedier than their bellies, as my gran used to say ... there wouldn't have been a recession in the first place.

LYNX1 23-12-2009 17:29

I've always found no matter who's in power......we get screwed, so I don't do politics :confused:

Eric 23-12-2009 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by LYNX1 (Post 771616)
I've always found no matter who's in power......we get screwed, so I don't do politics :confused:

I get screwed lots ... but I think it has more to do with my charm than with politics:rolleyes:;):D:D

shillelagh 23-12-2009 21:19

i dont do politics its against my religon:D:D:D