Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Market Hall Refurbishment (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/market-hall-refurbishment-51037.html)

flashy 13-11-2010 17:08

Re: Market Hall Refurbishment

i think the disabled is right next to the lift

garinda 13-11-2010 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 861276)

Cheers.

Though personally I always tie a knot in it, until get home.

:D:eek::D

accyman 13-11-2010 17:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 859999)
To be honest Barrie I'll let you draw your own conclusions, I was merely quoting the Leader of the Council yesterday.

I share your opinion regarding Tesco and they are all widely regarded as instigating the death of the town market, no one is taken in by this.

in america wallmart/asda has killed many towns economies and in many towns you cant get anything apart from charty shops,cheap shops and strip joints

apart from the strip joints doesnt this sound familar although accy did have a whipping joint although it may be closed now i dont know for sure

wallmart setting up near a town = a town dies

all you have to do is look what happened straight after accy asda opened up a huge superstore,it wasnt too bad when it was where what was glyn webb was but once they opened up the new asda accy market took a decline and the arndale simply sealed accy markets fate so god knows what this new tesco will do to the town.Some pillock somewhere seems to think accy is a huge city and insists on treating it as such which simply dosnt work

Bonnyboy 13-11-2010 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 861112)
does anyone actually know where the baby changing facilities are in the market hall?

They are within the disabled toilets next to the lift on ground floor, there is another door in there and the baby changing place is in there if my memory serves.

jaysay 14-11-2010 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 861276)

Went in for the first time on Wednesday and never noticed th lift or toilets mind you I wasn't really looking

flashy 14-11-2010 09:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonnyboy (Post 861331)
They are within the disabled toilets next to the lift on ground floor, there is another door in there and the baby changing place is in there if my memory serves.

how are the public supposed to know that?

lancsdave 14-11-2010 10:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 861394)
how are the public supposed to know that?

Is there not a councillor in residence to direct people ? :D

cashman 14-11-2010 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 861403)
Is there not a councillor in residence to direct people ? :D

only if the observors on site.:rolleyes::D

Ken Moss 14-11-2010 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 861405)
only if the observors on site.:rolleyes::D

You seem to have found the solution to the borough's problems.

Direct an Observer photographer to every grotspot in Hyndburn and we'll have promises to fix everything within a month.

Well done, Cashy!!!

heth 17-11-2010 09:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 861132)
I bet yours are not as bad as Cashy's :D:D

Mine are bad enough!!! Cant comment on Cashy's but some of mine will be hard to beat!!! Anyway I am a good girl now........................kinda!!! ;)

jaysay 17-11-2010 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by heth (Post 862122)
Mine are bad enough!!! Cant comment on Cashy's but some of mine will be hard to beat!!! Anyway I am a good girl now........................kinda!!! ;)

Your no fun you:D:D:D

heth 18-11-2010 06:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 862247)
Your no fun you:D:D:D

Hey there is a bit of bad still in me dont you worry!!! ;):D

Mick 18-11-2010 06:47

I was talking to one of the stall holders yesterday he said now he has sorted his staff out (he has had to employ one of his daughters)they are doing ok but all the stalls that have only one person on are struggling to keep going.
He also thinks that with Tesco opening then people are expecting the market to be open
he says although he is doing ok they are not making much more money its just people are spreading there spending over another day not buying more.

gynn 20-11-2010 18:29

I went in the Market Hall this afternoon, the first time I'd been in on a Saturday since it was done up.

I thought the atmosphere was great. It was packed out and there was a string orchestra playing. I walked round the upstairs balcony and there are some interesting looking shops there.

And the stall with the DVDs on sale is excellent. Very helpful man running it.

Oh, and a very happy independent councillor from Huncoat sitting in the cafe.

I was really impressed!

Barrie Yates 20-11-2010 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by gynn (Post 863030)
I went in the Market Hall this afternoon, the first time I'd been in on a Saturday since it was done up.

I thought the atmosphere was great. It was packed out and there was a string orchestra playing. I walked round the upstairs balcony and there are some interesting looking shops there.

And the stall with the DVDs on sale is excellent. Very helpful man running it.

Oh, and a very happy independent councillor from Huncoat sitting in the cafe.

I was really impressed!

Try it on a wet Wednesday afternoon