Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Could Greg Wield the Knife? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/could-greg-wield-the-knife-51117.html)

andrewb 03-01-2010 16:56

Could Greg Wield the Knife?

I was surprised to see Greg Pope's name mentioned on a blog post. Apparently somebody overheard his name being mentioned by Nick Brown the Labour Chief Whip, whilst on the phone in a panic about Labour MPs unrest at Gordon remaining leader of the party.

Greg Pope hasn't shied away from heaping criticism on the Prime Minister. One of his latest blog posts openly calls for Gordon Brown to go, for the good of the country and his party.

He's right, there is a much higher chance of the gap narrowing in the polls if the prospect of 5 more years of Gordon could disappear.

I wonder if Greg and the group of MPs that feel the same have it in them.

garinda 03-01-2010 17:53

Re: Could Greg Wield the Knife?

Is appalling spelling a Conservative trait, even when it's attempting to spin a story, based on an overheard telephone conversation on a train?

Plus the quote starts with one quotation mark, and ends with two. Very novel.

theose who will 'soldier and those who want him out" (sic)

The dreadful spelling mistakes on our council leader's c.v. and website, were only discussed here last week, and now this further evidence of Tory sloppiness.

A little less eavesdropping, and a little more time spent on accuracy, might be time well spent, if wanting to win people's trust.

'Ask me my three main priorities for government, and I tell you: education, education, education.'
-Tony Blair (13-05-07)

garinda 03-01-2010 18:05

:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

Gorgeous merchandise, by the way.

Hooded Sweatshirt > I <3 Tory Bear!

When you've had your bath Andrew, pop your li'l fleecy Tory Bear hoodie on, and come and say goodnight to us all, before you pop up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire.

You've been such a good boy, I'm sure we'll all want to hug you in your li'l cute hoodie.

:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

Less 03-01-2010 21:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 774971)
Is appalling spelling a Conservative trait,

There is a little program that all Tory's can get for their touch screen 'phones

You may have seen it advertised:-

Fed up correcting your own spelling mistakes? Get Andrewb to copy it to accyweb he's got an Oik for that!

see below

http://www.accringtonweb.com/gallery...e=10145&size=1

g jones 03-01-2010 22:57

In do not agree with Greg. Disagreement yes, but hostility no. Skinner does not always agree but I am sure his mobile no. is not passed around the whips office.

I even heard left wing union boss Tony Woodley say to Gordons face at a Unite do, I don't agree with some of the things but I won't undermine a Labour Government or Labour Prime Minister because that gives people the wrong message what we are about. I think that is true.

Of course Andrew, you always seem to support every Labour maverick and always seem to delight in bringing up your judicious support for Labour mavericks hostile the Government.

Posted from mobile.

cashman 03-01-2010 23:05

andrew also supported that davies knobhead, so shows ya how he gets off,:rolleyes: to me its the young trying to make himself a name.:D

g jones 04-01-2010 02:29

Quite agree about Davies. I was glad it was in effect uncontested and tarnished a self indulgent individual.

jaysay 04-01-2010 09:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by g jones (Post 775112)
In do not agree with Greg. Disagreement yes, but hostility no. Skinner does not always agree but I am sure his mobile no. is not passed around the whips office.

I even heard left wing union boss Tony Woodley say to Gordons face at a Unite do, I don't agree with some of the things but I won't undermine a Labour Government or Labour Prime Minister because that gives people the wrong message what we are about. I think that is true.

Of course Andrew, you always seem to support every Labour maverick and always seem to delight in bringing up your judicious support for Labour mavericks hostile the Government.

Posted from mobile.

Over to you Rindi:D

garinda 04-01-2010 09:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 775167)
Over to you Rindi:D

Not unsuprisingly most people shorten my username to Rindy.

I rest my case.

;)

jaysay 04-01-2010 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 775179)
Not unsuprisingly most people shorten my username to Rindy.

I rest my case.

;)

I'm not most people, I feel your a special case:D worthy of two i not an i and a y:rolleyes:

garinda 04-01-2010 10:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 775185)
I'm not most people, I feel your a special case:D worthy of two i not an i and a y:rolleyes:

Awww, it's nice being 'special'.

'Special Needs Teacher, Hywdburn'
BBC NEWS | VOTE 2001 | CANDIDATES

andrewb 04-01-2010 10:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by g jones (Post 775112)

Posted from mobile.

I find no qualm in stating if I agree with somebody who is thinking independently of the party machine, even Labour MPs. I find somebody capable of speaking out about their beliefs quite admirable. All credit to Mr Pope for speaking his own mind rather than that of the party leadership.

Less 04-01-2010 10:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 775189)
Awww, it's nice being 'special'.

'Special Needs Teacher, Hywdburn'
BBC NEWS | VOTE 2001 | CANDIDATES

It brings a smile to my face every time I read that, couldn't have been bettered if it had been a labour spoof on wiki!

:D

Neil 04-01-2010 12:31

I can't believe the BBC could get it so wrong. Whoever entered that tosh into the website needs a slap

g jones 04-01-2010 20:32

The BBC have corrected it? Something in the air?

I remember an online poll in AccOb where 92% thought negatively of Clr Dobsons lucky dice and wo and behold one computer in 24 hours votes 400 times and suddenly 92% drops to 30 odd%.