Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Conservative candidate named. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/conservative-candidate-named-52246.html)

andrewb 06-04-2010 09:57

Re: Conservative candidate named.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 803951)
Well its easy to understand the childish planks that use twitter.:rolleyes:

I'm sure @clrjones is a lot of things, but he's not a childish plank! :D

garinda 06-04-2010 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 803949)
Failed to understand how Twitter works before copy and pasting, though. :rolleyes:

Not at all.

Pefectly understood, and happy with the results.

;)

andrewb 06-04-2010 10:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 803961)
Not at all.

Pefectly understood, and happy with the results.

;)

Nice to see you're happy with being incorrect.

My friend wasn't telephoned by the Conservatives. I wrote what you quoted, about being called by Labour, not her, you silly boy! :D

cashman 06-04-2010 10:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 803953)
I'm sure @clrjones is a lot of things, but he's not a childish plank! :D

not all who use twitter are, yer inability to read as rindy mentioned is glaring, still if the cap fits.:rolleyes::D

garinda 06-04-2010 10:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 803966)
not all who use twitter are, yer inability to read as rindy mentioned is glaring, still if the cap fits.:rolleyes::D

:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

cashman 06-04-2010 10:43

I apologise its not as much the reading, its comprehension ya have always struggled with.:rolleyes:

garinda 06-04-2010 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 803976)
I apologise its not as much the reading, its comprehension ya have always struggled with.:rolleyes:

'Truth' is a very difficult concept for some to comprehend.

:rolleyes:

garinda 08-04-2010 23:36

'TOWN hall chiefs have today apologised after failing to answer the phone to callers.'

'Fylde Council says it has been inundated with calls about at its busiest time of the year.'

'And now Coun Karen Buckley, cabinet member for partnerships and community engagement, said: "We would like to apologise to those customers that have struggled to get through to the council over the last week and to those that have had to wait for their call to be answered.'

'Coun Buckley said the council had tried to recruit temporary staff to fill the void.'
Town hall sorry for phone fury - Blackpool Today

So that's why she's been too busy to be visible to many of the resident here in Hyndburn, she's been busy apologising for the phones not being answered at the seaside.

Still it's nice to see she's managed to recruit at least three of our underemployed youngsters, to help man the phone lines.

Call for Change | MyConservatives.com

cashman 08-04-2010 23:51

Well at least she popped round to see Less.:D

garinda 09-04-2010 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 804771)
Well at least she popped round to see Less.:D

Probably to check if he was having trouble booking tickets for the Tower Circus.

:D

garinda 10-04-2010 15:50

'Hello, are you local?'

At first I thought it was someone visiting the area, who wanted to know which street our Harvey Nicks was on, until she introduced herself, as our Conservative candidate.

If I hadn't been busing chatting to my non-local second cousin, whilst sat in the sunshine on Broadway, I should have replied 'Yes, I am local. Are You?'

A very pleasant young lady.

Though I expected nothing less.

odders 10-04-2010 21:53

haha...tell us more;)have you been formerly introduced:rolleyes:

garinda 10-04-2010 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by odders (Post 805331)
haha...tell us more;)have you been formerly introduced:rolleyes:

Yes, after enquiring if I was 'local', she intoduced herself, and gave me her leaflet. Sadly the same one that came through my door.

It was all a bit League of Gentlemen, but with public school accents.

'This is a local election, for local people. We'll have no trouble here.'

YouTube - Tubbs and Edward. League of Gentlemen Season 1 Ep. 1.

jaysay 14-04-2010 09:45

I didn't think I would be contributing to this thread again, but I've just received a personal letter from Ms Buckley, telling me why I should vote for her on May 6th, backed up by loads of statistics that any committed Conservative would already know, she also thanks me in anticipation of my support, um, there was also a PS. reminding me that there are also local elections too on the same day and to vote for the local Conservative candidate:eek: err I've been doing that for 40 odd years love and don't need reminding. Considering I've been having my ear bent lately about vote for her on May 6th, this has not changed my mind, I stated I would resign my Party Membership and would not support any candidate from any imposed list irrespective of who is on it, I am still going to keep my promise:(

garinda 14-04-2010 09:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 806262)
I didn't think I would be contributing to this thread again, but I've just received a personal letter from Ms Buckley, telling me why I should vote for her on May 6th, backed up by loads of statistics that any committed Conservative would already know, she also thanks me in anticipation of my support, um, there was also a PS. reminding me that there are also local elections too on the same day and to vote for the local Conservative candidate:eek: err I've been doing that for 40 odd years love and don't need reminding. Considering I've been having my ear bent lately about vote for her on May 6th, this has not changed my mind, I stated I would resign my Party Membership and would not support any candidate from any imposed list irrespective of who is on it, I am still going to keep my promise:(

You won't be voting for her, even though your prefered candidate of choice, has publicly backed her?

It's all very complicated.

Like a farce, but without the French windows.

'Whoops, where's my trousers?....I think my imposed candidate's leaflet's in the pocket.'