Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Pimping your kid out. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/pimping-your-kid-out-52289.html)

garinda 16-03-2010 10:38

Pimping your kid out.

This story is outageous.

Your four year old child is abused by a paedophile.

You accept £18,000 as compensation.

The judge views the money as part payment for the crime, meaning he isn't jailed.

The man is evil and sick, but so are the parents, and the judge.

'Sorry you had to go through all that abuse when you were four, but we did get a deposit for a nice house, so it wasn't all bad.'

Paedophile teacher Gerard Raffell paid off parents of 4-year-old - Times Online

:mad:

flashy 16-03-2010 11:17

Re: Pimping your kid out.

that is damn ridiculous

garinda 16-03-2010 11:26

Is there a going rate, of what some people would accept for their child being abused?

A sliding scale of severity?

Disgusting.

garinda 16-03-2010 11:31

Inappropriate tickling?

Just give us five thousand, and we'll call it straight.

:mad:

accyman 16-03-2010 11:34

who says michael jackson didnt set an example to anyone :mad:

the pervert should be executed and all his worldly assets like house ,money, car etc sold off and the money put into a trust for his victim for when they turn 18

katex 16-03-2010 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 797591)
Is there a going rate, of what some people would accept for their child being abused?

A sliding scale of severity?

Disgusting.

I suspect very few people are going to agree with the price these parents put on their child's suffering Garinda, disallowing him any type of victim's therapy, etc. Obviously, he had harboured it for four years to have it come out now. Wonder how he will view his parents' actions in the future.

Mind you, a lady has just been on the radio who reported a teacher who had abused her daughter, and after lots of court appearances and social worker visits, the teacher walked free with just a £1,000 fine and the freedom to carry on teaching. She was of the view, in retrospect, may have accepted a payment ... at least may have helped her daughter in the future.

Nothing would have persuaded myself though to be bought off if someone had abused my lad in this way !

garinda 16-03-2010 11:42

Let's not forget that this paedophile was a family friend of the parents.

So as well as accepting money for the abuse the child endured, they allowed him to be put in danger in the first place.

They were lucky not to have been in the dock with their evil friend, nevermind being paid money in lieu for the abuse received.

garinda 16-03-2010 11:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 797601)
I suspect very few people are going to agree with the price these parents put on their child's suffering Garinda, disallowing him any type of victim's therapy, etc. Obviously, he had harboured it for four years to have it come out now. Wonder how he will view his parents' actions in the future.

Mind you, a lady has just been on the radio who reported a teacher who had abused her daughter, and after lots of court appearances and social worker visits, the teacher walked free with just a £1,000 fine and the freedom to carry on teaching. She was of the view, in retrospect, may have accepted a payment ... at least may have helped her daughter in the future.

Nothing would have persuaded myself though to be bought off if someone had abused my lad in this way !

I heard her too, and her argument held no sway with me.

I think the vast majority of parents would primarily be seeking justice, not cash.

Which in this case didn't happen because the stupid judge took the payment into account, as part punishment for the crimes.

katex 16-03-2010 11:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 797606)
I heard her too, and her argument held no sway with me.

I think the vast majority of parents would primarily be seeking justice, not cash.

No sway with me either and it was only her opinion in retrospect. Think was just an unfortunate, unusual result for her. At least she did have a go, and hope her story didn't put anyone off going to the authorities.

jaysay 16-03-2010 15:16

The trouble is that this sort of thing is not isolated, there are some people who should e stopped form breading, Karen Mathews comes to mind

Less 16-03-2010 16:00

Unfortunately, most abuse cases do seem to be from those we trust, yes there are cases that hit the headlines because of abduction and so on, unfortunately these terrible thing's cause us all to look outside our family circle for where harm may lie.

We must all remain vigilant against anyone that may cause harm and any parent that would accept payment as recompense, for what a so called 'friend' has done should be on any towns at risk list.

:(

accyman 16-03-2010 17:06

hopefully the parents will use the £18,000 to hire somone to kill teh sod.

now that would be justice him paying for his own death

DaveinGermany 16-03-2010 17:16

This family that took the 18K, should surely be hauled up as they've perverted the course of Justice, hampered a Police investigation & aided & abetted. All that on top of what they've let happen to their Nipper !!

Unbelievable, words fail to convey the disbelief this creates.

Benipete 17-03-2010 00:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 797672)
The trouble is that this sort of thing is not isolated, there are some people who should e stopped form breading, Karen Mathews comes to mind

That's Life.

: And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth:

The good news is I'm back and children grow up and what was evil then is evil now and the weak will become strong.
I have nothing to fear.

Have any of you???

steeljack 17-03-2010 01:52

Sounds/reads just like one more step down the road to Sharia Law , where the aggrieved party accepts blood money as recompense , wonder maybe, if thieves and other villains were made to pay "full retribution" + interest to their victims + court costs instead of a slap on the wrist £50 fine , would crime rates would be different. :confused: :confused: