Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Party Funding.. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/party-funding-52537.html)

andrewb 31-03-2010 11:06

Party Funding..

Has neither local party received any big donations in the last few years?

Labour received £16,000 from 2001-2007 mainly from trade unions.
Conservatives received £2,000 in 2005 in one individual donation.

You can view them here. Just type Hyndburn into the 'received by'. http://registers.electoralcommission...calparties.cfm

Have there been no large donations (above £1,500) from trade unions/companies/individuals since 2007 then?

garinda 31-03-2010 11:12

Re: Party Funding..

Some are waiting patiently for their first donated penny, to get the thermometer's mercury rising above zero.

Karen Buckley for Hyndburn | MyConservatives.com

I urge again, please dig deep.

Gayle 31-03-2010 13:24

Have you noticed that David Cameron is asking for campaign money as well. He's managed to raise £1,345 out of a £10,000 target.

David Cameron for Prime Minister | MyConservatives.com

cashman 31-03-2010 13:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 802060)
Have you noticed that David Cameron is asking for campaign money as well. He's managed to raise £1,345 out of a £10,000 target.

David Cameron for Prime Minister | MyConservatives.com

unlike mrs buckley, camerons been around a while now,wonder if its cos people have got to know him?:D

jaysay 31-03-2010 15:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 802034)
Some are waiting patiently for their first donated penny, to get the thermometer's mercury rising above zero.

Sod off you first:D

garinda 31-03-2010 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 802078)
Sod off you first:D

Don't shoot the messenger.

I'm just being incredibly helpful, publicising her fundraising drive.

claytonender 31-03-2010 17:56

Andrew there have been no large donations to Hyndburn CLP of over £500 from any trade union/company/individual (which is the threshold above which donations have to be reported) since the £500 received from Amicus on 6 September 2006.

There has however been money received from the Hyndburn Labour Group of councillors.

Each month the Hyndburn Labour Councillors contribute (from their own money) to the Hyndburn Labour Group and this money is then used to pay for the election expenses of the Labour Party candidates in the HBC local elections.

The bills for the election expenses are paid by the Hyndburn CLP and the Hyndburn Labour Group then reimburses the money to Hyndburn CLP. This reimbursement has to be recorded (as per the rules of the Electoral Commission) as a donation to Hyndburn CLP.

It really is a nonsense that the Labour Party is being bankrolled by Unite - whilst many councillors, MP's and Labour Party PPC's are Unite members that does not mean that Unite are paying any money towards their election campaign.

I hope that this answers your question and I would hope that you would be able to supply us with information about how the Hyndburn Conservative Association receives its funding.

g jones 31-03-2010 21:27

I pay UNITE for the record.

accyman 01-04-2010 00:15

if anyone would like to donate £16,000 i would gladly throw a kick ass party :)

Ken Moss 01-04-2010 06:27

Quote:

You've got to admire her pluck. She's only been in the borough five minutes and she's on the cadge, cap in hand.

accyman 01-04-2010 06:51

Quote:

god damn it the only time a tory stands in teh middle of a roundabout and i aint there in my car :rolleyes:

to offer a lift home of course ;)

garinda 01-04-2010 07:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 802225)
god damn it the only time a tory stands in teh middle of a roundabout and i aint there in my car :rolleyes:

to offer a lift home of course ;)

I think for that to have been seen as funny, you should have quoted Ken's post.

;):D

accyman 01-04-2010 07:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 802227)
I think for that to have been seen as funny, you should have quoted Ken's post.

;):D

nah its your post where the link shows her on teh roundabout but its just dawned on me its not the first tory iv seen stood in the middle of a roundabout .

and i bloody missed then too :(

garinda 01-04-2010 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 802235)
nah its your post where the link shows her on teh roundabout but its just dawned on me its not the first tory iv seen stood in the middle of a roundabout .

and i bloody missed then too :(

You could have had a freezer full of meat for months.

http://canal-h.net/webs/rguerrero001...l%20Lecter.jpg

:D

jaysay 01-04-2010 09:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 802085)
Don't shoot the messenger.

I'm just being incredibly helpful, publicising her fundraising drive.

No use telling me, as its fallen on deaf ears, my donation is going to Ossy Conservative Ass for the local election

lancsdave 01-04-2010 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 802268)
my donation is going to Ossy Conservative Ass

I always thought you were on first name terms with Peter ? :eek:

Ken Moss 01-04-2010 09:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 802268)
...my donation is going to Ossy Conservative Ass...

Really, John.

Manners!

garinda 01-04-2010 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 802269)

:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

Laughter IS the best medicine.

andrewb 01-04-2010 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by claytonender (Post 802109)

I hope that this answers your question and I would hope that you would be able to supply us with information about how the Hyndburn Conservative Association receives its funding.

Unite do fund a substantial amount nationally. I don't know if this goes down directly to Graham's campaign or if it's spent nationally, but Labour have had £11million in the last few years from them.

As for Hyndburn Conservative Association.. you'll have to ask them!

jaysay 01-04-2010 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 802270)
Really, John.

Manners!

:confused::confused::confused::confused: you've lost me there Ken?

jaysay 01-04-2010 14:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 802269)

I'm on first name terms with everybody dave:)

garinda 01-04-2010 14:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 802399)
I'm on first name terms with everybody dave:)

What's the Hyndburn Conservative candidate's name, in the forthcoming General Election?

Ken Moss 01-04-2010 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 802408)
What's the Hyndburn Conservative candidate's name, in the forthcoming General Election?

Don't tell me....it's on the tip of my ballot sheet......

garinda 01-04-2010 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 802411)
Don't tell me....it's on the tip of my ballot sheet......

Hyacinth Boo-Clay?

:confused:

On the tip of my tongue too.

Jaysay'll know.

jaysay 01-04-2010 15:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 802408)

Ain't a clue not one of ours:D

garinda 01-04-2010 15:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 802420)
Ain't a clue not one of ours:D

Unity?

No, she was a Mitford.

:rolleyes:

claytonender 01-04-2010 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 802331)
Unite do fund a substantial amount nationally. I don't know if this goes down directly to Graham's campaign or if it's spent nationally, but Labour have had £11million in the last few years from them.

As for Hyndburn Conservative Association.. you'll have to ask them!

Andrew I am sure that you will be pleased to know that -

Graham has not received any money and will not receive any between now and the election) from Unite towards his election campaign.

In fact Graham's election campaign will be fully paid for by money raised (and donated) from Labour Party members and supporters who come from the Hyndburn constituency.

Also as Graham posted earlier rather than receiving any money for his election from Unite he is in fact paying them - in his monthly membership subscriptions.

Also I have found out today where Hyndburn Conservative Association are trying to raise their funds from, but I will leave you to find that information out for yourself.

garinda 01-04-2010 19:21

Well even though Ms. Buckley's appeal thermometer is still sat at zero, some kind body has funded a flyer for her, in every copy of this weekend's Observer.

Sadly, for those wanting more information, it's just a facsimile of what's already on her website.

Great Aunt Fanny worked down t'local jam butty mines, and lots about Family Values, blah, blah, blah...

Must have cost a pretty penny to do though. So things can't be that bad.

katex 02-04-2010 00:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 802506)
Well even though Ms. Buckley's appeal thermometer is still sat at zero, some kind body has funded a flyer for her, in every copy of this weekend's Observer.

Sadly, for those wanting more information, it's just a facsimile of what's already on her website.

Great Aunt Fanny worked down t'local jam butty mines, and lots about Family Values, blah, blah, blah...

Must have cost a pretty penny to do though. So things can't be that bad.

Does say at the bottom/back page .. 'Promoted by Stan Horne on behalf of Karen Buckley, both of Oswaldtwistle and Church Conservative Club. Must have had a whip round.

Thing is Garinda .. all the points on the back are great and what everybody agrees with, but no mention how it is to be done. Was going to type it all out but late, however, e.g.

3. Make Britain the most family-friendly country in Europe.

Freeze council tax and raise the basic state pension, recognise marriage in the tax system and back couples in the benefits system, support young families with extra health visitors, and fight back against crime.

Raise standards in school.

Give teachers the power to restore discipline, and create new smaller schools.

Sure you get the drift .. but no plan of action so to speak ... :confused:

garinda 02-04-2010 00:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 802551)
Does say at the bottom/back page .. 'Promoted by Stan Horne on behalf of Karen Buckley, both of Oswaldtwistle and Church Conservative Club. Must have had a whip round.

Thing is Garinda .. all the points on the back are great and what everybody agrees with, but no mention how it is to be done. Was going to type it all out but late, however, e.g.

3. Make Britain the most family-friendly country in Europe.

Freeze council tax and raise the basic state pension, recognise marriage in the tax system and back couples in the benefits system, support young families with extra health visitors, and fight back against crime.

Raise standards in school.

Give teachers the power to restore discipline, and create new smaller schools.

Sure you get the drift .. but no plan of action so to speak ... :confused:

Quite agree.

Empty rhetoric, and platitudes pleasing on the ear, but with utterly no substance, and certainly nothing that's particular to this locality.

There was more desparate ancestoral biography, than any real policy, or radical ideas of how to address the needs of this area.

Still it bulked out the reading time of the Observer, by another 30 seconds.

claytonender 02-04-2010 10:34

Interestingly when Karen Buckley attempted to be selected as the Conservative PPC for Stretford on Urmston on Saturday 9 January 2010 she made very similar promises to the ones she is making about Hyndburn. Sadly, I don't know what the family connections to that constituency were.

ConservativeHome's Seats & Candidates blog: Stretford & Urmston

garinda 02-04-2010 11:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by claytonender (Post 802655)
Interestingly when Karen Buckley attempted to be selected as the Conservative PPC for Stretford on Urmston on Saturday 9 January 2010 she made very similar promises to the ones she is making about Hyndburn. Sadly, I don't know what the family connections to that constituency were.

ConservativeHome's Seats & Candidates blog: Stretford & Urmston

I have it on very good authority her second cousin once drove through there.

So as in Hyndburn, there were close local ties to the area.

Wynonie Harris 03-04-2010 10:14

I would have thought she be using her letter to big up Kaz Buckley...or is she another refusenik?

garinda 03-04-2010 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 802886)
I would have thought she be using her letter to big up Kaz Buckley...or is she another refusenik?

I think it all depends on the latest polls, and the chances of a hung parliament, and whether or not they get the chance to race Old Neddy, for a third, and probably final time.

garinda 04-04-2010 07:30

Since it's been brought up, and is about 'funding', and therefore not off thread, I'd just like to point out that every time questions are asked, using the Freedom of Information Act, people have to drop the paid work they are employed to do by H.B.C., and leaving what they are primarily paid to do for us, spend many, many hours collating the requested information.

This means many people, in many different sections, are redeployed for days on end sometimes, in order to gather the information in the limited time frame, that the Act specifies.

All perfectly legal of course, and probably great fun for some.

Though probably not for the residents of Hyndburn, who suffer because other important work, done on their behalf, remains ignored.

garinda 04-04-2010 07:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 803149)
Since it's been brought up, and is about 'funding', and therefore not off thread, I'd just like to point out that every time questions are asked, using the Freedom of Information Act, people have to drop the paid work they are employed to do by H.B.C., and leaving what they are primarily paid to do for us, spend many, many hours collating the requested information.

This means many people, in many different sections, are redeployed for days on end sometimes, in order to gather the information in the limited time frame, that the Act specifies.

All perfectly legal of course, and probably great fun for some.

Though probably not for the residents of Hyndburn, who suffer because other important work, done on their behalf, remains ignored.

Although this request resulted in many, many man hours being devoted to collating the information, on this occasion I do not think it was masterminded by some shadowy political puppeteer.

Let's not ignore the fact that one Tory activist sent a message to another Tory activist, but which was mistakenly sent to me by mistake, which to summarise, basically said a warning had already been issued not to ask questions regarding councillors expenses, because another, more important, councillor, could end up in the 'doo-doo'.

andrewb 04-04-2010 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 803155)
Although this request resulted in many, many man hours being devoted to collating the information, on this occasion I do not think it was masterminded by some shadowy political puppeteer.

Let's not ignore the fact that one Tory activist sent a message to another Tory activist, but which was mistakenly sent to me by mistake, which to summarise, basically said a warning had already been issued not to ask questions regarding councillors expenses, because another, more important, councillor, could end up in the 'doo-doo'.

I'd forgotten about that. Yet more proof that there was nothing sinister going on. Or perhaps Jaysay meant to send you it and make it look like a mistake, to cover it all up? :rolleyes:

garinda 04-04-2010 08:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 803167)
I'd forgotten about that. Yet more proof that there was nothing sinister going on. Or perhaps Jaysay meant to send you it and make it look like a mistake, to cover it all up? :rolleyes:

No, apparently this message, regarding your actions, and the fears that it could bring great embarrassment to the ruling party at H.B.C, didn't go down too well at all.

;)

:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

cashman 04-04-2010 09:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 803167)

or perhaps yer telling porkies cos it was not a mistake.:rolleyes:

andrewb 04-04-2010 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 803205)

I think you're talking about the second one cashy. The first one is what Garinda was talking about, where Jaysay sent Garinda a message about expenses, meant for me. The second one was a wind up about the selection of candidates.

garinda 04-04-2010 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 803205)

The one that resulted in lies being told?

cashman 04-04-2010 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 803214)
The one that resulted in lies being told?

Got it in 1, as i was told the truth of the matter.:)

andrewb 04-04-2010 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 803218)

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb
I think you're talking about the second one cashy. The first one is what Garinda was talking about, where Jaysay sent Garinda a message about expenses, meant for me. The second one was a wind up about the selection of candidates.

Let's not confuse the situation. Graham made quite an unfounded accusation against me, with no evidence to back it up. Yet several things have backed up my innocence, including the PM that was sent to Garinda by mistake regarding expenses.

garinda 04-04-2010 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 803218)

Was most fortunate that.

You being in the horse's stable, so to speak, at the right time, and therefore able to supply the truth of the matter.

garinda 04-04-2010 10:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrewb (Post 803222)
Graham made quite an unfounded accusation against me

Sue him!

We could all do with a laugh.

You could have a defence thermometer.

I'm sure there'd be many people willing to fund your fight for justice, and to clear the name of the 'unnamed' activist.

:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38: