Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Waste of public money (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/waste-of-public-money-52541.html)

widnes viking 31-03-2010 14:15

Waste of public money

BBC News - G20 police officer Delroy Smellie cleared of assault

Officer has had his name dragged through the mud and had the stress of a court case for following procedures he was trained to carry out.

cashman 31-03-2010 14:31

Re: Waste of public money

he should be dragged through the mud, never mind his name, legalised thuggery, by the police.:rolleyes:

jaysay 31-03-2010 14:56

If rent a mob were disbanded then the police could follow their normal duties

Ken Moss 31-03-2010 15:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by widnes viking (Post 802067)
BBC News - G20 police officer Delroy Smellie cleared of assault

Officer has had his name dragged through the mud and had the stress of a court case for following procedures he was trained to carry out.

Yes, that camera did look like a particularly vicious weapon. You ever been hit in the face with a 5x optical zoom? Brutal, got what she deserved.

Honest.

Eric 31-03-2010 19:42

It's a lot tougher over here ... a Polish speaking man threatened four mounties at Vancouver airport ... his weapon of choice: a stapler:eek: The mounties, in the true tradition of the RCMP, tasered him to death.:rolleyes:

mallard 31-03-2010 20:18

yes i agree with jaysay on that.

accyman 31-03-2010 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 802140)
It's a lot tougher over here ... a Polish speaking man threatened four mounties at Vancouver airport ... his weapon of choice: a stapler:eek: The mounties, in the true tradition of the RCMP, tasered him to death.:rolleyes:

good on the mounties regardless of what his weapon of choice was teh idiot tried to take on four officers of the law and hopefully his death will deter furture numb skulls from attepting the same thing.If they had intended to kill woudlnt they have used guns or do mounties not carry weapons ?

when i had a handgun and a few machine guns pointing at me by the spanish police and spanish anti terrorism squad when in barcelona i shut up and complied to their demands and despite me not speaking spanish they made it very clear what they wanted me to do and i made it very clear that i was complying by not making any threating gestures and shutting the hell up until safe to speak and that was only when they spoke to me.

luckily for me passporto was easy to figure out although explaining it was in a hotel room in salou was slightly more difficult until an english speaking officer came along and after it was cleared up that i only looked like a wanted spanish terrorist i was allowed to go on my way both bullet and tazar free :)

jaysay 01-04-2010 09:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by mallard (Post 802154)
yes i agree with jaysay on that.

Well mallard there's nothing wrong with peaceful protest, but it never ends up like that, rent a mob hijack the proceedings and everything goes belly up

MargaretR 01-04-2010 09:48

I don't want to disillusion you but-
it has been known for peaceful protests to be infiltrated by plain clothes police who then went on to disrupt the peace and act violently, in order to get 'arrested', thus smearing the 'good cause' campaigners.

This is evident on live stream videos I have watched.
...and was alleged to have happened during the miners strike

So....everything is not always what it seems

accyman 01-04-2010 09:49

you mean liek how teh govenment infiltrated fathers for justice with thugs so as to devalue their argument and make them appear to be villains and terrorists because people were begining to take notice ?

( as well as laugh at them in tehir fancy dress outfits lol )

MargaretR 01-04-2010 09:59

They do tend to be 'noticeable' :D
YouTube - At Last The 1948 Show - Plain Clothes Police Women