Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Water Problems (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/water-problems-52676.html)

lancsdave 09-04-2010 08:07

Water Problems

Just in case anybody has water problems like us;

Accrington, BB5

Start Time: 07.30 AM Fri, 9 April '10

Estimated Completion Time: To be Advised

Symptom: No Water and Poor Pressure

Reason: If you live in the Accrington area and you do not have any water or your water pressure is poor, this is caused by a burst water main on Broadoak Lane, our engineers have been requested to repair the water main and when these repairs are complete all supplies will return to normal. We apologise for any inconvenience caused

flashy 09-04-2010 08:13

Re: Water Problems

my sisters just down the road from you at the top of Willows Lane and her water is fine, must not be affecting many houses

heth 09-04-2010 08:23

lets just hope they fix it and not cause any more problems like they tend to do!!!!!! ;)

Stanleymad 09-04-2010 08:26

Typical no doubt i wont get a refund on my lack of water on my bill for this morning not amused.
Posted via Mobile Device

lancsdave 09-04-2010 09:10

Update @ 09:15
Our engineers have also been requested to reaoir a burst water main on Bamford Crescent, when the repairs are complete all supplies will return to normal. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

jaysay 09-04-2010 09:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 804810)
Just in case anybody has water problems like us;

Accrington, BB5

Start Time: 07.30 AM Fri, 9 April '10

Estimated Completion Time: To be Advised

Symptom: No Water and Poor Pressure

Reason: If you live in the Accrington area and you do not have any water or your water pressure is poor, this is caused by a burst water main on Broadoak Lane, our engineers have been requested to repair the water main and when these repairs are complete all supplies will return to normal. We apologise for any inconvenience caused

Well there's nothing else to do but drink beer Dave:D

Stanleymad 09-04-2010 12:44

Update still no water, cant surely be just me thats off :( lucky im at work & near working bogs :D

Stanleymad 09-04-2010 13:46

Supposed to be fixed now so im told .....will wait till i ge home should be fine by then lol:D

garinda 09-04-2010 14:07

Eat plenty of lettuce.

It acts as a natural diuretic, and should help clear up any water problems.

Retlaw 09-04-2010 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 804811)
my sisters just down the road from you at the top of Willows Lane and her water is fine, must not be affecting many houses

Beats me how a burst water main in Broad Oak Lane can affect any one up Willows lane.
Didn't even know we had a Broad Oak Lane, we have a Broad Oak Rd, which goes past the Ambulance Station and up through the old factory.

Sounds like a set up to me.

Retlaw

garinda 09-04-2010 15:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 804901)
Eat plenty of lettuce.

It acts as a natural diuretic, and should help clear up any water problems.

I should have added that you should wash in clean water, then give your lettuce a good shake afterwards, until dry.

;):D

Stanleymad 09-04-2010 17:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 804915)
Beats me how a burst water main in Broad Oak Lane can affect any one up Willows lane.
Didn't even know we had a Broad Oak Lane, we have a Broad Oak Rd, which goes past the Ambulance Station and up through the old factory.

Sounds like a set up to me.

Retlaw

A set up ??? U mean someones deliberately stopped my water ??? Best not be cos i'll sock em one as I paid the bill lol. Its back on albeit cloudy till pipes clear.

Posted via Mobile Device

SPUGGIE J 09-04-2010 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanleymad (Post 804942)
a set up ??? U mean someones deliberately stopped my water ??? Best not be cos i'll sock em one as i paid the bill lol. Its back on albeit cloudy till pipes clear.posted via mobile device

well i aint done it!!!!!

jaysay 10-04-2010 09:13

Brings an all new meaning to "I'm a plumber and I've come to cut thi wather off":D:D