Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Pensions (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/pensions-52775.html)

Barrie Yates 15-04-2010 17:55

Pensions

I note that the MPs voted themselves a pay rise before the deadline.
I have just received notice that my RAF Pension is not to be increased this year. I served 18 years, went where I was told, aways fulfilled my duty to my Queen and Country.
This is what a Labour Government thinks of the military.
Thank God I received this before voting day - certainly will not be voting for the Brown mob.

cashman 15-04-2010 18:08

Re: Pensions

Ya weren't voting fer em anyway Barrie, if yer previous posts are owt to go off.:D

Barrie Yates 15-04-2010 18:11

Get out Cashy, that thing where i was supposed to be BNP/UKIP orientated was a load of fertiliser.
I was quite undecided between Labour & Tory - LD s as I have said before is a spoilt vote.
However, after receiving this notification that we don't needand increase - even the 1.5% they voted themselves would have been welcomed.

cashman 15-04-2010 18:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 806699)
Get out Cashy, that thing where i was supposed to be BNP/UKIP orientated was a load of fertiliser.
I was quite undecided between Labour & Tory - LD s as I have said before is a spoilt vote.
However, after receiving this notification that we don't needand increase - even the 1.5% they voted themselves would have been welcomed.

Knew that comment would get a bite.:D personally it is disgraceful if ex-servicemen or anyone fer that matter don't get n increase in pension.;)

Barrie Yates 15-04-2010 18:24

I could call you something beginning with B Cashy, but it would only result in the thread being deleted, LOL. I can't be the only military pensioner on AccyWeb, there has got to be others?

MargaretR 15-04-2010 18:49

I did 35 years in public service, but my life was only under threat a couple of times.
My pension hasn't increased either

cashman 15-04-2010 18:53

Mine aint this year either n that aint a service pension.

vera 16-04-2010 09:01

What have i done right??? My pension has increased by £2.40. That is a Government pension too. :confused:

Barrie Yates 16-04-2010 17:14

I also note that our political activists - on the New Labour side have refrained from commenting.
This is somewhat typical of the way that the present (LAST) government appears to treat the current military, inadequate equipment, insufficient equipment - It's Tommy this and Tommy that, until the guns begin to fire. And the ones that faced those past guns seemingly don't even deserve the 1.5% that the parliamentarians voted for themselves, according to the criminals who have lately infested the Houses of Westminster.

yerself 16-04-2010 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates
I could call you something beginning with B Cashy

I think cashman has already stated on here that he was a bar steward, in Spain I seem to recall.:)

Stumped 16-04-2010 17:53

Not only have Brown and his Chancellor declared that there will be no increase in private sector pensions, they have also cited an increase in the taxation of same.
Whilst we remain in a no win situation, those MP's whom the electorate decide to kick out will depart with a lump sum that would keep a working class family in credit for years. And I'd be amazed if the scum who have been awarded legal aid at our expense were convicted of the fraud with which they are charged.

These people are an absolute disgrace and certainly have no sense of shame!

Barrie Yates 16-04-2010 19:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 807035)
I think cashman has already stated on here that he was a bar steward, in Spain I seem to recall.:)

Yes, but it was said very much tongue in cheek, hope i did not cause any offence:)

jaysay 17-04-2010 09:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 807035)

He's a bar steward on her too:D

Ken Moss 17-04-2010 11:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 807020)
I also note that our political activists - on the New Labour side have refrained from commenting.
This is somewhat typical of the way that the present (LAST) government appears to treat the current military, inadequate equipment, insufficient equipment - It's Tommy this and Tommy that, until the guns begin to fire. And the ones that faced those past guns seemingly don't even deserve the 1.5% that the parliamentarians voted for themselves, according to the criminals who have lately infested the Houses of Westminster.

Not totally convinced by Labour, are you Barrie? I'll put you down as a possible.

I can't condone Westminster pay rises at this time and the whole MP expense scandal has tainted politics as a whole, which is why the local candidates out canvassing are getting a bit of a chewed ear from some residents. It seems that some people think I'm down the pub every Friday night with Gordon Brown.

However, we're faced with the inevitable truth that people are generally living longer and pensions have become a bit of a problem, again with more coming out than going in. A National Insurance rise seems a prudent option for the future, particularly as those who are being 'hit' by it will see the benefits in their retirement.

Barrie Yates 17-04-2010 11:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 807260)
Not totally convinced by Labour, are you Barrie? I'll put you down as a possible.

I can't condone Westminster pay rises at this time and the whole MP expense scandal has tainted politics as a whole, which is why the local candidates out canvassing are getting a bit of a chewed ear from some residents. It seems that some people think I'm down the pub every Friday night with Gordon Brown.

However, we're faced with the inevitable truth that people are generally living longer and pensions have become a bit of a problem, again with more coming out than going in. A National Insurance rise seems a prudent option for the future, particularly as those who are being 'hit' by it will see the benefits in their retirement.

Ken, the original post clearly refers to a Military Pension, not the State Pension.
I am still waiting to hear what I have not got on my State Pension