Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Polling Cards (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/polling-cards-52987.html)

flashy 29-04-2010 07:05

Polling Cards

whilst cleaning up the garden the other day i noticed a piece of card that seemed to have been discarded, i picked it up and it was my 'this years' polling card, i found this a little odd because i usually get it through the door and put it somewhere where i know where it is, havent a clue how it ended up in the garden...anyway i thought nothing more of it until 10pm last night when ANOTHER polling card came through my door.......WHY 2? is there something dodgy going on or is it right to get 2? i normally only get the 1

Ken Moss 29-04-2010 07:14

Re: Polling Cards

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 810980)
whilst cleaning up the garden the other day i noticed a piece of card that seemed to have been discarded, i picked it up and it was my 'this years' polling card, i found this a little odd because i usually get it through the door and put it somewhere where i know where it is, havent a clue how it ended up in the garden...anyway i thought nothing more of it until 10pm last night when ANOTHER polling card came through my door.......WHY 2? is there something dodgy going on or is it right to get 2? i normally only get the 1

If you look at the date on one of them it says 2020.

You might be a tad late voting this year if you waited till the suggested original time.

flashy 29-04-2010 07:20

silly man, it doesn't

just noticed there is a difference, one says...

Parliamentary Election (Constituency Blackburn)....

and the other says...

Ward, Shadsworth With Whitebirk (what pee's me off is that i don't live at either)

so we vote locally AND Generally then?

Ken Moss 29-04-2010 07:24

Sorry Shaz, it does on ours that's all so we got new ones sent out without asking.

It doesn't really matter anyway. If you turn up at your polling station and give your name and address they'll allow you to vote in both.

flashy 29-04-2010 07:28

just rung the grumpy old man next door up to ask him and he just called me a stupid cow :eek: am i really THAT blonde? it's all his fault anyway, i am his evil spawn afterall :D

jaysay 29-04-2010 09:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 810980)

Why one was in the Garden god only knows, but the reason you got two polling cards is that there are to elections Shaz General and Local, think you'll find it says so on each said card:D everybody gets two if there is an local election in their ward

flashy 29-04-2010 09:47

lol see post 3 John

cashman 29-04-2010 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 811039)
lol see post 3 John

Humour him shaz.... he may be a tory, but he's a blue n white.:D

jaysay 29-04-2010 10:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 811047)
Humour him shaz.... he may be a tory, but he's a blue n white.:D

And there's even a bit of red trim too:D

Ken Moss 29-04-2010 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 811057)
And there's even a bit of red trim too:D

Does this mean you're now officially ex-Tory and a sort of political atheist?

:eek:

cashman 29-04-2010 11:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 811059)

ya got much to learn mate, refering to the mighty stanley.:)

Ken Moss 29-04-2010 11:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 811066)
ya got much to learn mate, refering to the mighty stanley.:)

Hence the shock, I thought John might have been infected with a case of the Gordons at last.

Retlaw 29-04-2010 11:25

I recieved one card on the 28th.
On the back in the list of instructions
it says to make a postal vote I must
make applications to the recieving
officer by the 20th of April, if I want to
vote by proxy I must make application
by April 27th.

Who's cocked all this up.
Retlaw.

jaysay 29-04-2010 14:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 811059)

Well I'm no longer a member of the party, but I still dislike Labour with vengeance:D

jaysay 29-04-2010 14:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ken Moss (Post 811069)
Hence the shock, I thought John might have been infected with a case of the Gordons at last.

Well you could actually be right there Ken I've had a touch of the runs today:D