Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Who should I vote for and why (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/who-should-i-vote-for-and-why-53086.html)

lancsdave 05-05-2010 21:07

Re: Who should I vote for and why

Quote:

Originally Posted by suedarbo (Post 812525)
I haven't had anyone canvassing at my door yet??????? They must not be bothered about my vote

As I said earlier I haven't seen a soul. However in fairness I have had a nice letter PERSONALLY addressed to me from both Gordon & David. I now know I am special :D

Margaret Pilkington 05-05-2010 21:14

To say that it is such an important election, I am surprised that no-one has been round canvassing for support.
We had those letters too......cynically, I threw them in the recycling. Just because a politicians lips aren't moving, doesn't mean he/she isn't lying......oh....sorry, they don't call it that do they......it is 'spin'.

lancsdave 05-05-2010 21:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 812527)
We had those letters too

It's a small world isn't ? What are the chances of 2 people so far removed from the normal world of Accrington knowing both of us :D

Margaret Pilkington 05-05-2010 21:20

that is just the point...they don't know us from a bar of soap!

wagstaffe 05-05-2010 23:40

As someone who is running off my own steam I'm at a disadvantage getting everywhere, not having the party machinery around me. Why not devise a way of voting policies instead. That way we would prevent the powerful lobby groups buttering up politicians. They would have to turn to the Electorate for influence, if they have a case.

Craig Ian Hall
Independent

suedarbo 05-05-2010 23:57

Well I'm struggling. I'm Googling to see who is standing for round here. I think I've been moved to Altham for voting but as far as I know I've always lived in Clayton. I've had nothing through the door, no canvassers..........nothing.:confused:
I think I'm just thick :eek:

accyman 06-05-2010 00:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Procter (Post 812431)
Here in my consistency in East Yorkshire we have a clown of a Conservative MP.I have voted Labour all my life and my old Dad would turn in his grave if I chaged now that I am 78.The Labour candidate has no chance and will likely lose his deposit.. so my vote will be wasted.
Do I vote Lib Dem in order to keep the aforementioned clown out? He has a fair chance of winning and keeping the Tory out.
What do you suggest?

i think you should vote on wether or not you will fund me £60 for a night out on the beer and taxi home

i vote AYE

so far the aye's have it :D

suedarbo 06-05-2010 00:58

:rofl38: Aye, I agree with Accyman

Mancie 06-05-2010 01:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Procter (Post 812431)
Here in my consistency in East Yorkshire we have a clown of a Conservative MP.I have voted Labour all my life and my old Dad would turn in his grave if I chaged now that I am 78.The Labour candidate has no chance and will likely lose his deposit.. so my vote will be wasted.
Do I vote Lib Dem in order to keep the aforementioned clown out? He has a fair chance of winning and keeping the Tory out.
What do you suggest?

I'd vote for the lib dems if it kept the tories out.

Mancie 06-05-2010 03:19

Always vote anti-tory..anything to keep the tories out is progress for mankind..always vote against the tories

Morecambe Ex Pat 06-05-2010 06:41

I keep thinking that my missus is having a thing with David Cameron, almost every day she gets a personally addreesed letter from him. I'll just have to see if they carry on after the election - then I'll know.
We have a dilemma here in Morecambe - our Lib Dem candidate lives in Baxenden - how confusing is that.
I wonder if he would buy a second home up here for his constituency work?

jaysay 06-05-2010 08:59

I can't believe this I was telephone canvassed by the Tories yesterday, (they have my number so not effected by preferred listing), you would think they would know I have a pv and have already voted, Didn't know the chap, but he wasn't please when I told him I had voted Tory at the locals but not at the General on a matter of principle, when he asked what principle I said consult CNWAO

Jim Procter 09-05-2010 13:14

On Thursday when I went to vote I fully intended to vote Lib Dem to keep out this hated Tory.But when push came to shove and I had the pencil in my hand my traditions took over and I had to follow the habits of a lifetime. I voted Labour. It was a wasted vote. The Tory was elected.