Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Girl freed .... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/girl-freed-53310.html)

shillelagh 21-05-2010 18:33

Girl freed ....

... after being sentenced to 8 weeks in prison for attacking a paramedic after she'd collapsed in the street.

BBC News - Manchester paramedic attacker released on appeal

the appeal gave her 180hrs unpaid work and pay the paramedic £350 and the 8 weeks suspended for 2 years.

Massey - who owed her life to medics who saved her when, aged 11, she was knocked down by a drunken driver - told police she had consumed more than 10 alcoholic drinks that night.
Alistair Reid, defending, said the only explanation for the attack was that his client had become nervous of medical professionals after undergoing surgery as a child.
Judge Alldiss told Massey: "You have led a blameless, industrious life but on the occasion of New Year's Eve last you turned yourself into a drunken animal."
"We can wholly understand why the lower court imposed an immediate custodial sentence.
"However having regard to your youth, previous good character and your apparently industrious nature - and the fact that there is no suggestion that your conduct was anything other than an isolated incident - consideration should have been given to suspending the sentence."

Is that an excuse .. consuming 10 alcoholic drinks .. and because shes nervous around medical professionals after undergoing surgery when she was a child. The paramedic helped her until the ambulance arrived. Ive drank more than 10 alcoholic drinks when ive been out and never attacked anyone. If thats what happens when she drinks that many .. well i would suggest she give up alcohol altogether. What will happen in the future if she gets pregnant and when the baby comes ..is she going to have the child at home with no medical help because shes scared of medical professionals ...

cashman 21-05-2010 18:36

Re: Girl freed ....

fer my money if n 11 yr old has supped 10 drinks, seeing a shrink would be a more suitable sentence.

Wynonie Harris 21-05-2010 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 816519)
fer my money if n 11 yr old has supped 10 drinks, seeing a shrink would be a more suitable sentence.

No, that's one of the excuses they used, that she'd was nervous after her experience in the past, she's 20 now. Agree with Jen, I reckon she should lay off the sauce...permanently!

cashman 21-05-2010 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 816554)
No, that's one of the excuses they used, that she'd was nervous after her experience in the past, she's 20 now. Agree with Jen, I reckon she should lay off the sauce...permanently!

ah cheers i misread it wyn, simple then "Shoot The Bitch":D

Wynonie Harris 21-05-2010 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 816556)
simple then "Shoot The Bitch":D

That's the trouble with you, Cashy, always sitting on the fence. Why don't you just come out and say what you mean? ;)

jaysay 22-05-2010 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 816556)
ah cheers i misread it wyn, simple then "Shoot The Bitch":D

Cashy for PM:D

wadey 22-05-2010 14:30

I think anybody who assaults paramedics or A&E staff should go to prison regardless of what their solicitors say

derekgas 22-05-2010 17:10

Agreed wadey.