Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Lovely Ossie (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/lovely-ossie-54706.html)

sm_counsell 30-08-2010 10:49

Lovely Ossie

Safely back in 'sunny' Sicily (I actually miss the rain!!), I have finally found time to look at photos. My friends are overwhelmed at the beauty of the Foxhill nature Reserve and I must admit, I found it fantastic. I had played in the 'Plantation as a young girl, but I was unable to recognise my old haunt. Thanks to a very good guide, I had a great time looking round and I actually saw some squirrels. The guide told me that unfortunately, many local people know nothing about the reserve so, if any members on the forum have never visited it, I advise you to go along.
Another place I visited was the Haworth Art gallery and there I had a guided tour of the Tiffany glass collection, another beauty often ignored by local people
(so says the curator!!).
I wasn't able to see the De Rose paintings so I'll try again next year.
I think both Ossie and Accrington have improved so much and personally, I love the places.
I know visiting is not like living there and I probably didn't see a lot of the negative things, but it will always be home to me.

garinda 30-08-2010 11:04

Re: Lovely Ossie

Great to read that you had such an enjoyable time, and can appreciate the many good things the area has to offer.

I'm lucky. I can sit in bed and watch the heron at the nature reserve.

:)

Benipete 30-08-2010 11:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 841745)
Great to read that you had such an enjoyable time, and can appreciate the many good things the area has to offer.

I'm lucky. I can sit in bed and watch the heron at the nature reserve.

:)

First time I've heard that description of it.:hehetable

cashman 30-08-2010 11:28

Glad ya enjoyed yer visit susan, yer probably right, ossy improved when i moved away.:D

heth 30-08-2010 11:34

Glad you had a nice trip, cannot believe that you miss the rain tho!!! ;)

jaysay 30-08-2010 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 841752)
Glad ya enjoyed yer visit susan, yer probably right, ossy improved when i moved away.:D

no probably about it:D

jaysay 30-08-2010 14:23

Was great to see you whilst you were here Susan, glad you enjoyed you stay

bondi38 01-09-2010 18:50

Hiya Susan.
Pity we only had 1 day out together but you had so much you wanted to do maybe we will go out more next time you come over .
The sun has been bobbing in and out since you went back home been really warm but not as warm as you are at home .
See you soon xx