Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   The internet effect (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/the-internet-effect-59012.html)

garinda 28-08-2011 11:47

Re: The internet effect

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 929641)
So you are saying that you used to find saucy postcards in "hedgerows and derelict houses" back in your childhood!

Yes.

Why, were they your's?

Most have been sold, sorry.

Can be very profitable, rooting.

katex 28-08-2011 19:28

See this ... well, they seem corny now, but very forward for their era.

How the saucy postcard is back with a twist and a wink-wink | Mail Online

Wynonie Harris 28-08-2011 19:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 928849)
When I was 13 you had to go out to look for smut.

Strangely, hedgerows, and derelict houses were favoured spots, where things like that were stashed.

I'd never have left the house if they'd have had the internet thirty years ago.

:D

I used to stash my cache of smut, along with a few packets of Embassy and the odd bottle of Strongbow Cider in a locker in the miners' changing rooms at the disused Scaitcliffe Pit. By smut I mean a pile of back copies of Parade magazine which featured pics of young ladies in swimsuits - the sort of thing that you can see in any popular newspaper these days. One Sunday evening I turned up to discover that the lot had been nicked. Gutted, I was.

Apologies for thread wander...just an old man reminiscing. Please carry on with your discussion. ;)

jaysay 29-08-2011 08:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 929746)
I used to stash my cache of smut, along with a few packets of Embassy and the odd bottle of Strongbow Cider in a locker in the miners' changing rooms at the disused Scaitcliffe Pit. By smut I mean a pile of back copies of Parade magazine which featured pics of young ladies in swimsuits - the sort of thing that you can see in any popular newspaper these days. One Sunday evening I turned up to discover that the lot had been nicked. Gutted, I was.

Apologies for thread wander...just an old man reminiscing. Please carry on with your discussion. ;)

Ah so it was yours Wyn:D:D

Wynonie Harris 29-08-2011 18:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 929803)
Ah so it was yours Wyn:D:D

Right, so Cashy nicked my pints in the Pickwick, you nicked my girlie mags and fags...you two owe me big time!! :D

jaysay 29-08-2011 18:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 929872)
Right, so Cashy nicked my pints in the Pickwick, you nicked my girlie mags and fags...you two owe me big time!! :D

Ya a proper little Butch and Sundance me and cashy :D