Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Drain cover (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/drain-cover-59109.html)

DaveinGermany 17-09-2011 18:50

Re: Drain cover

Quote:

Originally Posted by Busman747 (Post 934257)
I tried lifting it and it seems to be tight and will support the weight of giant haystacks (I think) and if you don't understand who giant haystacks is, it's 'cos you're too young so google him!

I know who he is, along with Big Daddy, Gorgeous Gus & Adrian Street, Mick Macmanus, those faraway Saturday afternoons on ITV Sport waiting for the Footy results or Friday nights with my Granddad at the Liverpool Lyceum & Empire, all in & tag wrestling. :)

Alan Varrechia 17-09-2011 19:43

Used to stop at my Gran & Grandads on a sat night. Would watch the wrestling with my Gran then we had to sit in silence whilst my Grandad got his football results. Those were the days, Dickie Davies & K(b)ent Walton.
Watching the hill climbs on Grandstand. :D:D:D

jaysay 18-09-2011 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 934282)
I know who he is, along with Big Daddy, Gorgeous Gus & Adrian Street, Mick Macmanus, those faraway Saturday afternoons on ITV Sport waiting for the Footy results or Friday nights with my Granddad at the Liverpool Lyceum & Empire, all in & tag wrestling. :)

Ya forgot Billy Two Rivers Dave:D

jaysay 18-09-2011 10:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia (Post 934304)
Used to stop at my Gran & Grandads on a sat night. Would watch the wrestling with my Gran then we had to sit in silence whilst my Grandad got his football results. Those were the days, Dickie Davies & K(b)ent Walton.
Watching the hill climbs on Grandstand. :D:D:D

Ya and when the footy results came on at 5pm every result was there not 4 from the first division the rest spread over 3 days:mad:

Busman747 18-09-2011 13:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 934415)
Ya and when the footy results came on at 5pm every result was there not 4 from the first division the rest spread over 3 days:mad:

Silence in the house - - my dad used to get his pen, the Saturday paper and religiously write down every score in the league. (Don't know who the news reader was but you knew by the tone of voice if it was a home win, away win or a draw)

If you were in the room, then you had to be deathly quiet or suffer the anger of your dad. If you were out of the room, you wouldn't enter because you would break your dads concentration :eek: (He never won more than a few quid in his entire life)

Alan Varrechia 18-09-2011 16:23

He was called Len Martin. :D

g jones 19-09-2011 12:26

I received this the other day.

Dear Graham,
The missing drain cover is not on the adopted highway. The drain cover is the responsibility of British Telecom and is part of the drainage system serving the telephone exchange building. I called at the exchange this morning and a BT representative promised to resolve the situation.

Regards

Colin Bowman
Principal Engineer
Environmental Services East
Lancashire County Council
Lancashire County Council - Homepage

Retlaw 19-09-2011 14:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 934412)
Ya forgot Billy Two Rivers Dave:D

Hassan Ali Bey, Less Kellett, Jacky Pallo.
Retlaw.

Busman747 22-09-2011 20:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by g jones (Post 934705)
I received this the other day.

Dear Graham,
The missing drain cover is not on the adopted highway. The drain cover is the responsibility of British Telecom and is part of the drainage system serving the telephone exchange building. I called at the exchange this morning and a BT representative promised to resolve the situation.

Regards

Colin Bowman
Principal Engineer
Environmental Services East
Lancashire County Council
Lancashire County Council - Homepage

Thank you for the attention Graham. :D