Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Well its goodbye from me (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/well-its-goodbye-from-me-59609.html)

jaysay 21-10-2011 09:52

Well its goodbye from me

So this is it folks October 21st 2011, the last day for the human race, it all comes to an end today, so I'll just say I've enjoyed the banter and fun on here, its just a pity it has to end today. Well that's according to American nut job Harold Camping (should have been called Barking) who says he has now got it right, seeing he disappointed his followers when he said the world would end on the 21st of May this year, seems the poor soul got his sums wrong, but he's right this time, honest. Having seen a photo of this guy he could well be right, only it could be that its just HIS world that's coming to a close today;)

MargaretR 21-10-2011 10:12

Re: Well its goodbye from me

See post #79
http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...h-57984-6.html

Neil 21-10-2011 12:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 941224)
So this is it folks October 21st 2011

I am so disappointed now, I thought you were doing your dying swan act and swearing never to come back to the site again like so many other only to sneak back a few weeks/months later.

cmonstanley 21-10-2011 12:05

blame the tories:p:D

mobertol 21-10-2011 12:13

Seeing the date has just reminded me it's a friend's birthday -better give her a ring before it's too late...;)

garinda 21-10-2011 12:31

Quote:

So this is it folks October 21st 2011, the last day for the human race, it all comes to an end today, so I'll just say I've enjoyed the banter and fun on here, its just a pity it has to end today. Well that's according to American nut job Harold Camping (should have been called Barking) who says he has now got it right, seeing he disappointed his followers when he said the world would end on the 21st of May this year, seems the poor soul got his sums wrong, but he's right this time, honest. Having seen a photo of this guy he could well be right, only it could be that its just HIS world that's coming to a close today;)

You had me then.

:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

There's only room for one drama queen on Accy Web, and I believe that position is already taken.

What time's the world ending?

I was just going to pay my paper bill, but mightn't bother now.

:rolleyes:

wallop79 21-10-2011 13:08

You mean I've spent the morning baking biscuits for nowt?!

lancsdave 21-10-2011 13:11

Quote:

If this bloke is right and you have jinxed us all I'll be round your house tomorrow to sort you out :(

cashman 21-10-2011 14:10

well i'm going the match tonight,way things are going that may not be a bad time fer it to end.:D

jaysay 21-10-2011 18:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 941243)
I am so disappointed now, I thought you were doing your dying swan act and swearing never to come back to the site again like so many other only to sneak back a few weeks/months later.

Your not forcing me out that easy:p:p:p:p:p:p

jaysay 21-10-2011 18:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by lancsdave (Post 941265)
If this bloke is right and you have jinxed us all I'll be round your house tomorrow to sort you out :(

Bring us some doughnuts from Marks if your coming:D:D:D

Bob Dobson 21-10-2011 18:48

It looks as if I have got until midnight to get over to Acc to look at the latest blue plaque which has (I'm told) been put up on the Town Hall - 'Erected to the Memory of (Forgotten His Name) ,the Inventor of Time Travel, who was born in Accrington in 2063'

mobertol 21-10-2011 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dobson (Post 941381)
It looks as if I have got until midnight to get over to Acc to look at the latest blue plaque which has (I'm told) been put up on the Town Hall - 'Erected to the Memory of (Forgotten His Name) ,the Inventor of Time Travel, who was born in Accrington in 2063'

I think you'll find it's Marmaduke Beckwith -a close friend of Mavis Davis...:D

DaveinGermany 21-10-2011 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dobson (Post 941381)
It looks as if I have got until midnight

Well seeing as we're an hour in front of you,(meaning our demise will be before yours) I'll give you a shout later to let you know how it all ended. ;)

Gordon Booth 21-10-2011 20:44

If its GMT we'll all go at the same time, Dave, so we'll say goodby now.