Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   R.I.P Sir Jimmy Saville (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/r-i-p-sir-jimmy-saville-59699.html)

flashy 29-10-2011 14:02

R.I.P Sir Jimmy Saville

He's died

jaysay 29-10-2011 14:05

Re: R.I.P Sir Jimmy Saville

Thats very sad RIP Jimmy

maxthecollie 29-10-2011 14:11

Rip jimmy ( one of the best)

jelly baby 29-10-2011 14:27

Sir Jimmy Saville

Just heard that Sir Jimmy Saville has died aged 84, two days before his 85th birthday.
RIP.

cashman 29-10-2011 14:33

Re: Sir Jimmy Saville

The T.T.D.C. was one of me favourite radio progs back in the day R.I.P. Sir Jimmy

grannyclaret 29-10-2011 14:57

R I P Jimmy,,,you fixed a lot of good things for folk...xx

steve2qec 29-10-2011 14:59

Sad news. Used to love Jim'll Fix It when I was a lad.

grannyclaret 29-10-2011 15:01

cant believe he was in his 80,s.......R I P Jimmy...

Taggy 29-10-2011 15:07

RIP Sir Jimmy...he did a heck of a lot of good work for charity & hospitals!

Best Regards - Taggy

Michael1954 29-10-2011 15:43

Rest in peace, Sir Jimmy.

garinda 29-10-2011 15:50

He did an incredible amount of work for the various charities he supported.

He was as fit as a flea.

We used to see him a lot, running in Dorset.

Signing autographs, talking to people, smoking his cigar, all at a non stop trot. Which is probably why he lived to a grand age.

He'll be missed.

Boeing Guy 29-10-2011 16:19

Met him once in a Restaurant in Scarborough, sad, RIp Jimmy

Taggy 29-10-2011 16:21

He used to eat at the Fish Pan Chippy in Scarborough quite often! He had an apartment there.

Best Regards - Taggy

jaysay 29-10-2011 18:21

Stoke Mandeville Hospital will miss him he did a hell of a lot of good work for them in his time

phil8715 30-10-2011 09:49

He was a true gentleman, did loads of charity work, ran marathons.

I used to love Jim'll Fix It, and I also remember the inter-city adverts with him in it saying This is the age of train!

Alvin the chipmunk 30-10-2011 11:53

He had a bench in his memory in Scarborough saying "In memory of Jimmy Saville.......but not just yet". Typical of the man RIP to a broadcasting great.

"Now then Now Then Hows About That Then!"

Tealeaf 02-11-2011 16:13

Deer Jim,:)

could you please fix it for the man who is the member of the parliament in London for this town for him to listen to wot his vothers want? All the grown ups put lots of crosses – thats these –XXXXXXXXXXX – against his name becos they all thought he was a very nice man but he not a very nice man because he does the opo**** of what he said he was going to do and thats not very nice is it jim and on top of that he ignores everybody because he thinks hes cleverer than them but hes not because he gets lots of money paid to him and he can buy lots of sweets and chocalte with that but no one else can do that because they don’t have any money because it all goes to Greece and foreign places like that where we cant go because we don’t have any money but they take it of us and then they want more and now they can get lots of votes to get more money but we cant vote and that not what they call democratic so please jim fix it and have a word with him.
Thank you

T.Leaf (age 7 ½ almost).

garinda 02-11-2011 18:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tealeaf (Post 944333)
Deer Jim,:)

could you please fix it for the man who is the member of the parliament in London for this town for him to listen to wot his vothers want? All the grown ups put lots of crosses – thats these –XXXXXXXXXXX – against his name becos they all thought he was a very nice man but he not a very nice man because he does the opo**** of what he said he was going to do and thats not very nice is it jim and on top of that he ignores everybody because he thinks hes cleverer than them but hes not because he gets lots of money paid to him and he can buy lots of sweets and chocalte with that but no one else can do that because they don’t have any money because it all goes to Greece and foreign places like that where we cant go because we don’t have any money but they take it of us and then they want more and now they can get lots of votes to get more money but we cant vote and that not what they call democratic so please jim fix it and have a word with him.
Thank you

T.Leaf (age 7 ½ almost).

Oh no.

First Lancsdave, now Teabag's account's been hacked. By quite a wit, it seems.

I was going to report it, in the hope we get our old dock sweepings back.

But I might just wait a while longer.

See if this hacker has anymore humour to entertain us with.

:rolleyes::p

flashy 03-11-2017 14:50

if only we knew then what we know now....my sincere apologies for creating this thread

Margaret Pilkington 03-11-2017 15:17

Flashy, they did not want us to know, they tried their very hadest to keep it from us...to let us think that he was a kindly caring person...when all the while they knew he was an evil manipulator and an abuser of children.
We were duped.

flashy 03-11-2017 15:19

ghastly man Margaret

cashman 03-11-2017 15:40

We were all conned, now its "Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish."

RainbowSix 03-11-2017 16:35

He was not alone though was he, there is another popping up in the news every week. :(

Margaret Pilkington 03-11-2017 16:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 1203943)
ghastly man Margaret

He was indeed...as were those who were complicit in shielding him from justice.
Maybe that is because those charged with dispensing justice were implicated too and closed ranks

monkey hanger 04-11-2017 08:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1203944)
We were all conned, now its "Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish."

remember his funeral where the whole look north yorkshire programme was about it with the whole outpoaring of grief available to viewers. wonder what they were thinking a little while after. could never take to him myself but was an idol to others.