Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   What a fracass!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/what-a-fracass-60057.html)

ianakabigsy 01-12-2011 16:23

What a fracass!!

I often use the fern gore bus service,its a poor do when the last bus has left before some of the shops have even closed what a rubbish service dont people work or need a bus after 6, and why not run extra buses in the festive season to be in sync with the late night shopping, crazy crazy the mind does befroggle!!

lancsdave 01-12-2011 16:54

Re: What a fracass!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianakabigsy (Post 953273)
I often use the fern gore bus service,its a poor do when the last bus has left before some of the shops have even closed what a rubbish service dont people work or need a bus after 6, and why not run extra buses in the festive season to be in sync with the late night shopping, crazy crazy the mind does befroggle!!

Half the shops can't be bothered opening late on the night of the lights switch on. When did late night shopping start ?

It's a subsidised service isn't it, the bus companies will only do what they get paid to do

flashy 01-12-2011 17:16

its Pilkies who run the buses up there and yes they are a waste of time, it's actually cheaper to get a taxi up there if there is more than one of you than it is to get on a pilkies bus

jaysay 01-12-2011 17:57

Fracas,:eek::eek: thought there'd been a big scrap in accy town centre when I read the thread title, not a moan about bloody buses:rolleyes:

cashman 01-12-2011 18:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 953294)
Fracas,:eek::eek: thought there'd been a big scrap in accy town centre when I read the thread title, not a moan about bloody buses:rolleyes:

Well he does live up Fern Gore.:D

jaysay 01-12-2011 18:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 953298)
Well he does live up Fern Gore.:D

Ya cashy I forgot you've to make exceptions, :D

Margaret Pilkington 01-12-2011 19:07

The buses now only run if they can make the service pay....long gone are the days when running a bus service was a public service.
If it doesn't pay then it doesn't run.

groove 02-12-2011 09:10

Biggsy, ya spelt 'fracas' wrong pal :)

cashman 02-12-2011 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by groove (Post 953465)
Biggsy, ya spelt 'fracas' wrong pal :)

Fern Gore,:D

ianakabigsy 02-12-2011 19:01

Ya cheeky sods actually its springhill haha not that um tryin to distance myself from fern gore,cheers groove for pointin out the mistake im only human and i was writing the thread whilst i was sat on the bus in question

cashman 02-12-2011 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianakabigsy (Post 953589)
Ya cheeky sods actually its springhill haha not that um tryin to distance myself from fern gore,cheers groove for pointin out the mistake im only human and i was writing the thread whilst i was sat on the bus in question

Gotta agree,yer human if yer up Springhill.:D

jaysay 02-12-2011 19:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianakabigsy (Post 953589)

Only Human living in spring hill:)

ianakabigsy 02-12-2011 20:22

Haha actually i live on slaidburn drive an its the quietest st i lived on in a while not many youths an i only ever seen 5 police cars up here in 3yrs better here than woodnook were i lived previously it got like nyc's bronx haha

cashman 02-12-2011 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by ianakabigsy (Post 953619)
Haha actually i live on slaidburn drive an its the quietest st i lived on in a while not many youths an i only ever seen 5 police cars up here in 3yrs better here than woodnook were i lived previously it got like nyc's bronx haha

The gaffer lived yon oer 25 yrs ago, she loved it on yon, so seemingly its still ok.;)

jaysay 03-12-2011 08:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 953658)
The gaffer lived yon oer 25 yrs ago, she loved it on yon, so seemingly its still ok.;)

Ya but what was the passport controll like then cashy:D