Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   High's and Low's of the Diamond Jubilee!? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/highs-and-lows-of-the-diamond-jubilee-61645.html)

susie123 09-06-2012 13:16

Re: High's and Low's of the Diamond Jubilee!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 996729)
I tried to put that link up purely to illustrate what John had posted.....and failed miserably.
Thanks for managing to do it Sue.

I spent five years researching on the internet as part of my job. I don't give up easily!

Margaret Pilkington 09-06-2012 13:39

it is good to have somebody who can see through the mists and point me in the right direction.......I don't give up easily either...I was just a bit lacking in patience and felt that Mancie wouldn't appreciate it anyway....that is my excuse, and I'm sticking to it :D

jaysay 09-06-2012 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 996731)
I spent five years researching on the internet as part of my job. I don't give up easily!

Ah so I know where to come when I'm stumped:D

jaysay 09-06-2012 14:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 996734)
it is good to have somebody who can see through the mists and point me in the right direction.......I don't give up easily either...I was just a bit lacking in patience and felt that Mancie wouldn't appreciate it anyway....that is my excuse, and I'm sticking to it :D

Is he ever sober enough to appreciate anything Margaret:rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 09-06-2012 15:03

I don't know John........I wouldn't like to put his posts down as drunken ramblings - I like to give people the benefit of the doubt..... until I can smell the alcohol on their breath....and even then, one drink smells just the same as ten.

Mancie 09-06-2012 19:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 996734)

And thanks Susie for the link, we are talking about an entire school.. Jaysay posted that it was just one class of 31 different languages were spoken.. I said Jaysay had posted rubbish and I was correct.:D

Margaret Pilkington 09-06-2012 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 996781)
And thanks Susie for the link, we are talking about an entire school.. Jaysay posted that it was just one class of 31 different languages were spoken.. I said Jaysay had posted rubbish and I was correct.:D

He may not have got it quite right, but I would not say that he had posted rubbish.

Gordon Booth 09-06-2012 19:46

Now, Mancie, the subtleties of the English language(over which Jaysay obviously has full command) are clearly beyond you!
He didn't say it was a class of kids who spoke 31 different languages, he said it was a 'classroom full of kids who spoke 31 different languages'.
The kids could have come from several different classes and all got together for that photo!
So jaysay was right and it's you who are talking rubbish and you are wrong.

susie123 09-06-2012 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 996783)
Now, Mancie, the subtleties of the English language(over which Jaysay obviously has full command) are clearly beyond you!
He didn't say it was a class of kids who spoke 31 different languages, he said it was a 'classroom full of kids who spoke 31 different languages'.
The kids could have come from several different classes and all got together for that photo!

Actually Gordon if we're splitting hairs, the children in that photo speak 22 different languages. It's the whole school that has 31 languages in total. And some of the children speak more than one language, see the labels on the photo.

Mancie 09-06-2012 23:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 996783)

Well OK I'll be the first to admit my grasp on grammer and English has never been my strong point.. but I will at least make an effort to answer questions about anything I post without resorting to the childish playground name calling Jaysay employs when he is challenged.:..and I would'nt expect other members to do it for me.;):)

Gordon Booth 10-06-2012 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 996797)
Actually Gordon if we're splitting hairs, the children in that photo speak 22 different languages.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mancie (Post 996805)
Well OK I'll be the first to admit my grasp on grammer and English has never been my strong point.. but I will at least make an effort to answer questions about anything I post without resorting to the childish playground name calling Jaysay employs when he is challenged.:..and I would'nt expect other members to do it for me.;):)

Susie, I don't have that many hairs-please don't split any more!
I never thought of counting them-trust a woman.

Mancie, fair point, no offence intended.

jaysay 11-06-2012 08:59

Re: Highs and Lows of the Diamond Jubilee!?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon Booth (Post 996974)
Susie, I don't have that many hairs-please don't split any more!
I never thought of counting them-trust a woman.

Mancie, fair point, no offence intended.

Having read your post which included a quote from Mancie, the only reason I don't take him to task when he has anything to say is I don't read the crap he posts, and haven't done for a long time, makes AccyWeb a nicer place to be

magpie 14-06-2012 21:52

My high was making up the official posies for the Queen.... when she came to Accrington....

US Angel 14-06-2012 23:23

My high was making up the official posies for the Queen.... when she came to Accrington...

Did you take Photos of them?
Will have to look for them in Photos

Atarah 04-08-2012 19:47

Take a look at this, its lovely
Diamond Jubilee of Queen Elizabeth II (morph sequence) - YouTube