Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Postmen Frightened Of The Rain (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/postmen-frightened-of-the-rain-61698.html)

yerself 14-06-2012 11:00

Postmen Frightened Of The Rain

I couldn't believe this when I heard it on the radio yesterday, 60p for a first class:D stamp and they're frightened of the rain.
From jaysay's bible:

Royal Mail refuses to deliver to street on rainy days on 'elf and safety grounds (and with the weather like it is, there will be lots of trips to the sorting office) | Mail Online

maxthecollie 14-06-2012 11:02

Re: Postmen Frightened Of The Rain

Can we all stop work when it rains?

susie123 14-06-2012 11:29

The posties who deliver to us deserve a lot of praise and I hope this decision by Royal Mai will not prevent them from continuing to make sure our mail gets delivered.

Our terrace has 25 houses each of which has ten steep stone steps up to the front door. Some of the houses never bother to clean them and they must be very slippery in wet weather. If each house had mail that would be 500 steps to go from one end of the terrace to the other - quite a keep fit workout. Yet our mail is delivered in rain snow and windy weather - well done to our posties here I say.

cashman 14-06-2012 11:34

This is obviously sod all to do wi the posties, more to do wi nerds who probably never did a days work in their lives, n have no idea how the real world functions.:rolleyes:

shillelagh 14-06-2012 12:38

im not going out in the rain either at the minute ....if this cast gets wet i'l have to go back and get it changed ... and i think the plasterers wouldnt want to see me back there again till im supposed to be .....seeing as im on my 4th cast already ....:p:p:p

phil8715 14-06-2012 12:39

I think postmen are scared of delivering real mail instead of junk mail. Also why does my mail arrives after 1pm?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Michael1954 14-06-2012 13:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by phil8715 (Post 997618)
I think postmen are scared of delivering real mail instead of junk mail. Also why does my mail arrives after 1pm?

Why are you bothered if you only receive junk mail?

MITZY 14-06-2012 13:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by phil8715 (Post 997618)

What time should your mail arrive?

phil8715 14-06-2012 14:10

Before 10am would be good. The junk mail was "dear householder" not actually addressed to anybody.

My mail used to be delivered around 9.30am now were lucky if it's before 1pm. That wasn't all that long ago probably about year ago.

mobertol 14-06-2012 14:20

I still remember that we used to get 2 deliveries a day -one early in the morning and the other about one o'clock. A postman on foot in uniform with a bag over his shoulder.

Am in Cleveleys at the mo. and here the postie wears shorts and a short sleeved shirt (red and black -very smart) and he pushes the post round in a trolley. Bigger items are delivered by van -flowers and such.

I love getting letters and cards -wish more people would write them these days.

The amount of rainy days in the UK would mean the post never getting delivered - bring back Postman Pat! Are they allowed to accept a cup of tea during their round or is there a risk of them choking to death?:D

susie123 14-06-2012 14:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 997632)
I still remember that we used to get 2 deliveries a day -one early in the morning and the other about one o'clock. A postman on foot in uniform with a bag over his shoulder.

Am in Cleveleys at the mo. and here the postie wears shorts and a short sleeved shirt (red and black -very smart) and he pushes the post round in a trolley. Bigger items are delivered by van -flowers and such.

I love getting letters and cards -wish more people would write them these days.

The amount of rainy days in the UK would mean the post never getting delivered - bring back Postman Pat! Are they allowed to accept a cup of tea during their round or is there a risk of them choking to death?:D

A lot of posties wear shorts these days- I think it's more practica in the rain - legs dry out quicker than trousers.

When we lived in Warwick one of the town centre posties used to wear shorts all year round - in December he added a Santa Claus hat and had two bags one on each shoulder with the straps crossed over his body.

Guinness 14-06-2012 16:40

Coffin chasing culture of the 'have you had an accident at work' brigade leads to employing buffoons who have no idea how to do a risk assessment and over compensate for their lack of knowledge.

A simple internal memo to all postmen on that route warning them of the danger and a letter to the local council telling them to sort it..risk assessment complete..HSE happy, postmen happy, customers happy, coffin chasers unhappy...job done!

jaysay 14-06-2012 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by yerself (Post 997602)
I couldn't believe this when I heard it on the radio yesterday, 60p for a first class:D stamp and they're frightened of the rain.
From jaysay's bible:

Royal Mail refuses to deliver to street on rainy days on 'elf and safety grounds (and with the weather like it is, there will be lots of trips to the sorting office) | Mail Online

Seems your the one who reads it more than me these days your always putting links on, must be yerself's bible now:tongueout

jaysay 14-06-2012 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by MITZY (Post 997624)
What time should your mail arrive?

Mine came at 3-30pm today:eek:and it was sun shinning:D

phil8715 14-06-2012 19:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 997698)
Mine came at 3-30pm today:eek:and it was sun shinning:D

Come to think of it I think mine came at about 3.30pm today. It's either that or he put it through the wrong letterbox and my neighbour put it in ours. I've had my neighbours bank statements before now through my letterbox.