Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Charity Bags (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/charity-bags-61747.html)

maxthecollie 21-06-2012 07:52

Charity Bags

Are people getting fed up with the amount of charity sacks being pushed through letterboxes. We have just had the third one this week. There is only so much you can give. Who is paying these people to distribute thes bags. Is it coming out of the charity funds. We have our own charities that we support as I suppose a lot of Accyweb members do.

maxthecollie 21-06-2012 07:55

Re: Charity Bags

Forgot to mention I haven't got my bag from Maundy Yet

susie123 21-06-2012 08:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 998928)
Are people getting fed up with the amount of charity sacks being pushed through letterboxes. We have just had the third one this week. There is only so much you can give. Who is paying these people to distribute thes bags. Is it coming out of the charity funds. We have our own charities that we support as I suppose a lot of Accyweb members do.

Just look upon them as extra free rubbish bags.

jaysay 21-06-2012 08:37

Funnily Frank I haven't had any of these bags through for ages, in fact years, think they must have thought they were flogging a dead horse, never saw any collections in the area, never get the charity envelops either

maxthecollie 21-06-2012 08:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 998934)
Funnily Frank I haven't had any of these bags through for ages, in fact years, think they must have thought they were flogging a dead horse, never saw any collections in the area, never get the charity envelops either

Aren't you doing well. If I catch them at the door I give them back.

mobertol 21-06-2012 08:41

I was actually glad for them the other week -we had to clear out my Aunt's belongings after she passed away. Luckily there was a quick collection, for Helicopter rescue, which solved a lot of problems as we were without a car for taking things to charity shops.

And before some bright spark makes a quip -the stuff wasn't winched up and flown off!:D

Wynonie Harris 21-06-2012 09:04

Great linings for the cat litter tray!

susie123 21-06-2012 09:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobertol (Post 998938)
I was actually glad for them the other week -we had to clear out my Aunt's belongings after she passed away. Luckily there was a quick collection, for Helicopter rescue, which solved a lot of problems as we were without a car for taking things to charity shops.

And before some bright spark makes a quip -the stuff wasn't winched up and flown off!:D

So you didn't get a visit from Prince William then?

jaysay 21-06-2012 09:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 998935)
Aren't you doing well. If I catch them at the door I give them back.

Ya just watch now I've opened my mouth they'll be come through the door like confetti

jaysay 21-06-2012 09:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 998949)

Na but his granny popped round the other week:rolleyes::rolleyes:

DaveinGermany 21-06-2012 17:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 998949)

Think that's the last think you'd want, some young Princeling buzzing round the houses showing off his chopper, don't think our kate'd be over impressed. :D

jaysay 21-06-2012 17:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 998974)
Think that's the last think you'd want, some young Princeling buzzing round the houses showing off his chopper, don't think our kate'd be over impressed. :D

Don't know Dave she always seems to have that satisfied look on her face whenever you see her:D

maxthecollie 21-06-2012 17:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 998953)
Ya just watch now I've opened my mouth they'll be come through the door like confetti

I'll send them round when they come again

susie123 21-06-2012 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 998953)

It'll probably be Max posting them through your letterbox.

jaysay 21-06-2012 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 998979)
I'll send them round when they come again

Na I'll pass on that Frank, I'll stick to the takeaway menus and god botherers for now:D