Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Does it pay to work? - Workfare (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/does-it-pay-to-work-workfare-62547.html)

Eric 06-10-2012 12:50

re: Does it pay to work? - Workfare

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 1021254)
I had an interview for an admin/customer service job today at 4pm....by 5.15pm i'd been told i'd got the job, how did i get the PAID job???? I got it thanx to BOOTSTRAP, i start my induction next Tuesday, i'm not going to mention the place i'll be working at but i'm sure i'll be seeing some accywebbers whilst working there :)

thats another BOOTSTRAP success story for you

Not going to mention it, eh; and seeing some accywebbers. Must be the lap dancing club;):D

But seriously: congratulations on your new job, hon; I'm sure you will do great.

flashy 06-10-2012 13:02

Me...lap dancing? I'd have to pay THEM Eric lol, thankyou

Less 06-10-2012 17:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 1021364)
Me...lap dancing? I'd have to pay THEM Eric lol, thankyou

I've seen you, don't put yourself down, as a lap dancer you would be perfec...

Oh dear, another trip to the doctors for me, he still hasn't cured my compulsive lying.

Meanwhile, delighted to hear your good news.
:)

Rob249 06-10-2012 18:41

Had my induction today can honestly say i did not realise how much you have to take in, learn having never worked in retail before but i enjoyed it.

flashy 06-10-2012 20:15

If you'd done some voluntary work in retail then you might have been better prepared hey Rob ;)

Less 06-10-2012 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 1021425)
If you'd done some voluntary work in retail then you might have been better prepared hey Rob ;)

You're getting like a born again bootstrapper, is this a religion?
:D

flashy 06-10-2012 20:23

Jeez you got me, all hail the bootstrap god

Chris SUI JURIS 18-10-2012 13:48

Is workfare a joke/slave labour?

whats your view folks?

First offence 4 weeks then 3 months then 3 years (3 yrs of no benefits surely there will be a rise in crime?) as Nat King Cole said " There may be trouble ahead "

I know someone on the workfare at the moment, he has been working full time in a charity shop. They also have someone there who is on community service. If there are two full time jobs available then why not pay them a wage? The job centre still haven`t compensated him for his train fare of 20 pound a week to get there either. So he is actually giving them money to work full time for below minimum wage:confused:

folk have been brainwashed by the 'government', 'media' into believing that those on welfare are "scum" so that they forget the real criminals who have put folk in this position.Even being self employed and attending A4E you get sanction threats of your housing benefit and working tax credits if you fail to attend an interview! I'm sick of the threats!

GOOD JOB I DON'T LIVE IN FEAR ;)

Neil 18-10-2012 15:30

Re: Is workfare a joke/slave labour?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS (Post 1023127)
I know someone on the workfare at the moment, he has been working full time in a charity shop. They also have someone there who is on community service. If there are two full time jobs available then why not pay them a wage? The job centre still haven`t compensated him for his train fare of 20 pound a week to get there either. So he is actually giving them money to work full time for below minimum wage:confused:

Its a charity shop so I doubt they will be swimming in money. Many of the staff in charity shops are volunteers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS (Post 1023127)
folk have been brainwashed by the 'government', 'media' into believing that those on welfare are "scum" so that they forget the real criminals who have put folk in this position.Even being self employed and attending A4E you get sanction threats of your housing benefit and working tax credits if you fail to attend an interview! I'm sick of the threats!

GOOD JOB I DON'T LIVE IN FEAR ;)

I don't think everyone on welfare are scum. I think there are nice and not so nice people in all walks of life.

The threats are probably there for those who you think are scum. If you don't tar yourself with that brush the threats will be meaningless because you will attend the interviews when required.

flashy 18-10-2012 15:46

Re: Does it pay to work? - Workfare

Most charity shops have a manager and a deputy, they are the only ones who get paid

flashy 18-10-2012 15:50

And for anyone who doesn't know what 'A4E' is....it's part of bootstrap, the other part which i was on was 'ingeus'

Chris SUI JURIS 18-10-2012 15:54

Nice editing of my thread :(

Restless 18-10-2012 19:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS (Post 1023139)
Nice editing of my thread :(

It was started by Rob249 :confused::confused:

flashy 18-10-2012 19:54

i think he meant 'post'

lancsdave 18-10-2012 20:09

He started a new thread which was a duplicate of this one. The mods have merged it in to this thread.