Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   April Jones (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/april-jones-62609.html)

jaysay 05-10-2012 10:17

April Jones

Its very sad that the Police have now charged Mark Bridger, with the murder of 5 year old April Jones, so it now appears they have now given up on finding the poor kid alive. The police have been questioning this guy for a few days and it now appears they have enough evidence to charge him, I can say much more on this I'd be banned:mad:

Boeing Guy 05-10-2012 11:26

Re: April Jones

Speechless, what a sad end to this.
Although normally a opponent of the Death Penalty, my thoughts echo yours Jay.

cashman 05-10-2012 11:31

Very sad, aint really a shock though. Family must be distraught. :(

BERNADETTE 05-10-2012 11:50

Feel so much for the family it is tragic

Balbus 05-10-2012 12:10

He's only been charged as yet, not convicted.

Margaret Pilkington 05-10-2012 12:11

And unless the information is being with-held from the media, no body has been found.
If he has confesed to murdering this little girl then surely he co uld tell the police where her body is.

kestrelx 05-10-2012 12:16

Very terrible that someone can do that to a little kid! But the media sicken me with the over kill coverage of situations like this.

In cases like this I think the cops should be able to rip out his finger nails (torture is wrong but sometimes I wonder? ) to find out what he's done with her, instead of letting this drag on and on.

bernie94 05-10-2012 12:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1021146)
Very terrible that someone can do that to a little kid! But the media sicken me with the over kill coverage of situations like this.

In cases like this I think the cops should be able to rip out his finger nails (torture is wrong but sometimes I wonder? ) to find out what he's done with her, instead of letting this drag on and on.

totally agree with you kestrel,very sad for the family

churchfcrules 05-10-2012 12:48

I don't think he has been charged, he has been arrested on suspicion of murder, just a loop hole to allow them to detain him longer for questioning, the clock starts again now!

Eric 05-10-2012 12:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balbus (Post 1021141)

A sane comment. Don't worry; minor details like this won't stop calls for his hanging or his lynching. Sad thing is, the terrible fate this poor little girl suffered ... and I don't think there is much chance of finding her alive; there rarely is in these cases ... will get lost in the shuffle.

Guinness 05-10-2012 12:55

Quote:

And if he's another Colin Stagg?....but hey why let minor details like establishing guilt beyond a reasonable doubt stop you from getting the pliers out

Less 05-10-2012 13:26

Quote:

Is it overkill? At the time it was brought to the media attention there was a slim hope she could be found alive, no body found so far, I still hope she's found alive, maybe the guy they have is protecting an accomplice?
Yes its a slim hope but miracles do occasionally happen.

Eric 05-10-2012 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guinness (Post 1021156)
And if he's another Colin Stagg?....but hey why let minor details like establishing guilt beyond a reasonable doubt stop you from getting the pliers out

Agree entirely ... even the yanks, who many on here admire so much for their willingness to fry, or otherwise execute convicted killers, draw the line at torture. Anyone heard of the Fifth Ammendment to the Constitution of the United States of America?:rolleyes: And as Less points out, there is still a chance, albeit a slim one, that the little girl may still be alive.

churchfcrules 05-10-2012 14:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1021166)
Agree entirely ... even the yanks, who many on here admire so much for their willingness to fry, or otherwise execute convicted killers, draw the line at torture. Anyone heard of the Fifth Ammendment to the Constitution of the United States of America?:rolleyes: And as Less points out, there is still a chance, albeit a slim one, that the little girl may still be alive.

And flyng them out of the states?

cashman 05-10-2012 14:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 1021128)
Its very sad that the Police have now charged Mark Bridger, with the murder of 5 year old April Jones, so it now appears they have now given up on finding the poor kid alive. The police have been questioning this guy for a few days and it now appears they have enough evidence to charge him, I can say much more on this I'd be banned:mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balbus (Post 1021141)

As i understand it,he aint been charged yet, Just arrested on suspicion of murder?:confused: