Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   what you having for christmas dinner? (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/what-you-having-for-christmas-dinner-63045.html)

emamum 11-12-2012 10:58

what you having for christmas dinner?

we have lamb,gammon and chicken in the freezer :)
starter of prawns for those that eat them and greek salad for those that dont (mostly me)
garlic and rosemary lamb, roast chicken and cola gammon, roasties,carrot and swede mash, yorkshires, stuffing wrapped in bacon, sprouts

havent decided whats for after so that why im asking really ;)

all the leftover meats will make butties for tea aswell and to feed the half a million people that will come to see the smalls :)

flashy 11-12-2012 11:51

Re: what you having for christmas dinner?

Turkey, stuffing, parsnips (roasted in honey), brussels, carrots, mash, roasties, brocolli, cauliflower cheese and gravy for Christmas dinner, desert will be trifle and gateux

Duck for Boxing day

susie123 11-12-2012 12:03

Got to have Christmas pudding but just got a slow cooker (thanks to Eric and his moose) so might experiment with cooking something in that for main course. Only the two of us so doesn't really matter what it turns out like!

emamum 11-12-2012 12:17

ive never had duck flashy, is it like chicken?

flashy 11-12-2012 12:18

you could do a turkey and all (well most) of the trimmings in a slow cooker Sue, i do a sunday roast in my slow cooker sometimes, put all the veggies under the turkey

flashy 11-12-2012 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by emamum (Post 1031595)
ive never had duck flashy, is it like chicken?

it's stronger tasting, i roast it on a rack in the over, they hold a lot of fat so i do that so the fat drips out away from the duck, i start it upside down then turn it the right way up half way through cooking so its all moist

emamum 11-12-2012 12:31

i do the gammon in the slow cooker :)

duck sounds nice, might give it a go

cashman 11-12-2012 12:34

Were having it out this year, saves Paris all the hassle of preparing @ cooking, which always stresses her, also saves me having to wash up.:D

Less 11-12-2012 12:51

Humble pie, always manage to over indulge Christmas eve spend the following day apologising.

susie123 11-12-2012 13:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy (Post 1031596)
you could do a turkey and all (well most) of the trimmings in a slow cooker Sue, i do a sunday roast in my slow cooker sometimes, put all the veggies under the turkey

Would have to be a small turkey - it's only a 2 person cooker. We usually have duck or pheasant anyway.

Duck is scrumptious, I usually stick an orange up its bum having squeezed the juice over the bird first.

I've also got some game bird pieces in the freezer - could have a nice casserole - then again I've still got my squirrel - and some goose legs.

Margaret Pilkington 11-12-2012 13:12

Just the usual Roast......no starter and he will have strawberries and ice cream.......I will give dessert a miss.
Nothing out of the ordinary, but it suits us.
Whatever we have...Ma will get a portion of as well.

Less 11-12-2012 13:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1031607)
Duck is scrumptious, I usually stick an orange up its bum having squeezed the juice over the bird first.

I hope the bird is dead rather than this being some strange form of foreplay?

Margaret Pilkington 11-12-2012 13:17

Ooh, the thought of it brings tears to my eyes...and I thought haemorrhoids were bad:D

susie123 11-12-2012 13:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1031611)
I hope the bird is dead rather than this being some strange form of foreplay?

Ha ha I was waiting for someone to put the worst possible slant on that... and it had to be you Less of course!

Less 11-12-2012 13:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by susie123 (Post 1031615)
Ha ha I was waiting for someone to put the worst possible slant on that... and it had to be you Less of course!

Typical,
Always blame the fella,
I once had an affair with a woman that would only do it whilst hanging from a banister rail, SHE claimed that put a different slant on it!