Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Half price Laser eye treatment-Optimax (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/half-price-laser-eye-treatment-optimax-6347.html)

entwisi 09-11-2004 12:28

Half price Laser eye treatment-Optimax

Anyone interested in Laser eye treatment I have some vouchers for half price treatment. Offer open to people not on their mailing list and for Bilateral(both eyes) treatment.

LASIK - normally £850/eye, £850 for both
EPI-LASIK normally £600/eye £600 for both

I had LASIK a fortnight ago. I'm happy to relate my experiences if anyone wants.

I need

Name
Address
Postcode

Ian

WillowTheWhisp 09-11-2004 16:50

Re: Half price Laser eye treatment-Optimax

What's the difference between lasik and epi-lasik?

Less 09-11-2004 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
What's the difference between lasik and epi-lasik?

Three letters and a hyphen
:)

entwisi 09-11-2004 19:01

Epi-LASEK(sorry, spelt it wrong earlier) is where they laser the front of the eye. LASIK is where they cut a small flap in the cornea and laser underneath it. The advantage of this is that recovery time is about 1 day, EPI has a recovery of up to a week.

In my experience I was treated at 9:30 am and was playing pool at 8:30 that night(and winning!). If you are interested I can send you a more detailed write up of what happens in the op.

Ian

lettie 09-11-2004 19:06

I don't like the sound of the flap cutting bit. Considering what I do for a living I have always had a squeamish thing about eyes, feet, anything to do with bones poking through skin and blood and gore in general...... Maybe I'm in the wrong job..:D

WillowTheWhisp 09-11-2004 22:39

I don't like the sound of the flap cutting bit either. I'm a bit squeamish when it comes to eyes. I have difficulty keeping them open when I go to the eye clinic. Just the sight of this blue thing coming towards me and I involuntarily blink.

entwisi 10-11-2004 06:50

You don't feel anything. The drops kill all feeling in your eyes. I suppose its a case of can you put up with 10 mnutes of feeling anxious in exchange for loosing the specs?

PS I only have 4 vouchers left now. If you want one let me know( there is no commitment or time limit on them so you can think it through carefully.)

I'll send you a PM with what the experience was like for me.

Scatman 30-10-2010 15:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 95114)
You don't feel anything. The drops kill all feeling in your eyes. I suppose its a case of can you put up with 10 mnutes of feeling anxious in exchange for loosing the specs?

PS I only have 4 vouchers left now. If you want one let me know( there is no commitment or time limit on them so you can think it through carefully.)

I'll send you a PM with what the experience was like for me.

Hi Ian,

I found your posts online and would like to know how you found the optimax experience? I am due for a Lasek treatment in 4 weeks time. Also they have offered me a discount on treatment if i could find somebody to refer me. Based on the posts i think you would be a good option.

Regards

Tyrone

lindsay ormerod 01-11-2010 19:16

I'd be more than happy to go for it if I had a spare £600 ! Think I'll be sticking with the contacts a while longer.:rolleyes:

cashman 01-11-2010 21:04

i would love to have it, but unfortunately was told i am unable to have laser treatment:( due to n eye accident wi chemicals years ago,

entwisi 02-11-2010 12:11

Responded to Scat man via PM

6 years on its still superb and one of teh best things I did..

heth 02-11-2010 13:00

When I win the lottery I will do it but before then I cant afford! :rolleyes:

Neil 02-11-2010 17:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by entwisi (Post 857758)
Responded to Scat man via PM

6 years on its still superb and one of teh best things I did..

Will they stay ok or do you expect to need glasses in the future.

entwisi 02-11-2010 19:50

The surgeon told me that we were in effect "resetting" the clock. They will deteriorate over time and I may need reading glasses as I age but later than without if you get what I mean.

whatever happens I'm in pocket over buying glasses and prescription sunglasses already so it was worth it.

Neil 02-11-2010 19:54

Sounds good, can they be done again if needed later in life when you get even older ;)