Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Maundy Charity on TV (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/maundy-charity-on-tv-65701.html)

Bob Dobson 06-02-2014 08:08

Maundy Charity on TV

In the last week or so, a TV crew have been filming at the Maundy premises on Abbey St. Before they came, a notice was put on the outer window and door saying that they ere coming, and that if anyone did not wish to be filmed, they should stay away.

I don't know when the item will be on TV, or on which channel. but it is thought to be soon.

maxthecollie 06-02-2014 09:13

Re: Maundy Charity on TV

O.M.G! What crap next on telly?

wadey 06-02-2014 09:37

Thanks Bob, weren't they on Newsnight some time ago ?

Bob Dobson 06-02-2014 13:24

That may have been around the time of the founder's death. This current one may be a spin-off from 'Benefits Street'

accyman 06-02-2014 17:53

i thought it couldnt get any worse after seeing the jeremy kyle bus in accy and then that daft hair dresser tongued an old aged pensioner in come dine with me but now the whole country is going to think accy is nothing but demented hair dressers, JK fodder and hard up smackheads...

the only thing left to embarrass teh town is for a local person to go on big brother and shove a whiskey bottle up tehir own arse and thats only because ginga has taken the bottle of wine slot ... litterally i may add

Stumped 07-02-2014 17:44

If any institution can be blamed for accelerating the demise of this once great place to live, it is undoubtedly Maundy Grange with it's capacity to invite undesirables of every ilk to pollute and plunder everything and everybody they come into contact with. Granted the initial ideology was well intended, but it's overall effect upon the town as a whole has been nothing less than disastrous.

cashman 07-02-2014 18:15

Thing is, no-one in the Council, whatever party, has the balls to criticise Maundy, so sod all will ever happen, :rolleyes::(

Less 07-02-2014 19:05

Maundy Charity on TV

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1093496)
Thing is, no-one in the Council, whatever party, has the balls to criticise Maundy, so sod all will ever happen, :rolleyes::(

Not true cashy, they took action to stop the druggies from hanging around the market hall, they removed the benches.
;)

cashman 07-02-2014 19:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1093499)
Not true cashy, they took action to stop the druggies from hanging around the market hall, they removed the benches.
;)

Tis true, whilst they did that, Don't recall em blaming Maundy?:confused:

magpie 11-02-2014 13:42

I over heard a couple of men ( see I am being kind here) walking past my shop saying how they were going to screw Muanday , get some money for more beer and some free food... they were actually planning it.... they also had cans of beer on them, plus they were counting out what paper money they had.... and it was more than I had in my purse... I think its gone even more down hill now Dorthy's gone....