Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   All The Best To You Graham (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/all-the-best-to-you-graham-65724.html)

Less 11-02-2014 17:54

All The Best To You Graham

Today's Lancashire Telegraph has a report on our MP about Malaria, google it for yourself, even though I agree with him in everything in that report on humane grounds, shouldn't he be firstly concerned with the larger problems of Hyndburn?

So far since he has been elected, media has spot lighted his admirable concern for missing grids and now Malaria, both of great concern to all of us, no, really we should all be concerned, well, perhaps 5% of us will grasp what I mean even if I don't.

cashman 11-02-2014 18:03

Re: All The Best To You Graham

Hyndburn has probems??? Nah not having that.:rolleyes::D

westendlass 11-02-2014 18:07

Graham who? Wouldn't know what he looked like if he came up and gave me a Liverpool kiss. Does he even live in Hyndburn? I used to see Greg Pope's puss in the paper now and again but this bloke is like the Scarlet Pimpernel.:confused:

Less 11-02-2014 18:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1093985)
Hyndburn has probems??? Nah not having that.:rolleyes::D

You are quite right, please excuse my ignorance, if Hyndburn had problems, Graham would apply all his time to sorting them out, that's why he was elected.

As it is we can be grateful that he can spend his time on everything except us.

Less 11-02-2014 18:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by westendlass (Post 1093988)
Graham who? Wouldn't know what he looked like if he came up and gave me a Liverpool kiss. Does he even live in Hyndburn? I used to see Greg Pope's puss in the paper now and again but this bloke is like the Scarlet Pimpernel.:confused:

He was taught by Jaysays mate, to appear in the local paper as often as possible saying something even if it meant nothing.

DAV007 11-02-2014 18:27

Is your mp new labour, old labour, lib dem or conservative?

Less 11-02-2014 18:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1094000)
Is your mp new labour, old labour, lib dem or conservative?

Good question, I'll ask him next time I see him, 95% of us don't know.

Margaret Pilkington 11-02-2014 19:33

Less are you sure it's only 95%?

Less 11-02-2014 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1094017)
Less are you sure it's only 95%?

I'm not even sure that 95% of us know what 95% means.

But nine and a half times out of ten any statistics I produce are guess work so that must mean something, hang on, that means I'm committing to what could be facts, to avoid embarrassment pretend I'm a politician that's only a year from election time, that way it isn't a fact only a promise I can renege on.

Margaret Pilkington 11-02-2014 21:14

You've really lost me now :)

cashman 11-02-2014 21:31

I must be superior to you lot, cos i'm in the 5 Percent.:D

accyman 12-02-2014 01:41

he prommised transparancey

must be working coz no ones seen him

lol only kidding....

like hes known for keeping his word lmao

Guinness 14-02-2014 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1093982)
shouldn't he be firstly concerned with the larger problems of Hyndburn?

Awww..give him a break....according to his twitter account, he's spent the majority of last month knocking on doors in the nailed on victory of Wythenshaw so that EdM can give a 'winds of change' speech believed by the 3 people disgusted about the benches in Hyndburn.

He's also been knocking on doors in his two strongholds of Peel and Baxenden, which he does from time to time, to hoodwink them into thinking that he actually cares what they want from government....wonder if he's told them he's a whip who forces people to vote for the party against their conscience? Somehow I expect it didn't come up in the spiel :eek:

Neil 15-02-2014 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guinness (Post 1094489)
Awww..give him a break....according to his twitter account, he's spent the majority of last month knocking on doors in the nailed on victory of Wythenshaw so that EdM can give a 'winds of change' speech believed by the 3 people disgusted about the benches in Hyndburn.

Only 28.2% voted, very poor that

g jones 15-02-2014 23:07

Another aimless post. I have said numerous times what the priorities are. Business, education, housing, transport to start with.

Hyndburn has the second highest voter contact rate in the country. 51.6% We can canvass everywhere (including Manchester!)

I am quite frankly surprised at how little you know about your borough and what is happening.

Graham suggests helpfully starting the morning with a stiff coffee. It helps you stay awake and alert.