Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   An Important Question ... (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/an-important-question-65779.html)

Eric 22-02-2014 07:25

An Important Question ...

What most true Canadians are thinking ahead of Sunday's BIG GAME: What beer to drink with breakfast?:thepint:

Winnipeggers choose best breakfast beer for gold medal hockey game - Manitoba - CBC News

I think I'll go for "Barking Squirrel" or "Dead Elephant.":D

President Obama now owes Stephen Harper two cases of beer. Oh, and the U.S., losers or yesterday's nail biter, has to keep Justin Bieber.:D:D:D

Accyexplorer 22-02-2014 08:53

Re: An Important Question ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1095373)
What most true Canadians are thinking ahead of Sunday's BIG GAME: What beer to drink with breakfast?:thepint:

Winnipeggers choose best breakfast beer for gold medal hockey game - Manitoba - CBC News

I think I'll go for "Barking Squirrel" or "Dead Elephant.":D

President Obama now owes Stephen Harper two cases of beer. Oh, and the U.S., losers or yesterday's nail biter, has to keep Justin Bieber.:D:D:D

"Big Brekkie" Breakfast Stout or Chocolate Oatmeal Stout :D
Leftys Brewing Company | Greenfield, MA

Jim Procter 22-02-2014 12:36

Sounds interesting, but what does it mean to your average Accringtonian?

Wynonie Harris 22-02-2014 13:40

Far more concerned about what may be happening down in Torquay this afternoon. Sadly, that also means very little to your average Accringtonian. ��

ossy kid 22-02-2014 15:15

That's a poor attitude Jim, when any of the colonies thump the great U.S. it should bring a smile to any true blooded Englishman. As for me Eric, it could be of the scotish flavour.

DtheP47 22-02-2014 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1095406)
Far more concerned about what may be happening down in Torquay this afternoon. Sadly, that also means very little to your average Accringtonian. ��

Alongside that Wynonie the victory at Twickenham over the potato faced micks of more import than events in Sochi ;)

Eric 22-02-2014 17:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Procter (Post 1095400)
Sounds interesting, but what does it mean to your average Accringtonian?

Guess that leaves me out ... I'm an average Bottom Ender, with a big dash of Saskatchewan, and some Ontario.

And what is an "average Accringtonian" ... don't think Less would fit the bill, nor Cashy; they ain't average.:D And what about the guys that live in Oz? They should'nt be left out.

Anyway, whether Canada win or lose, the country will be closed tomorrow, and hungover on Monday.:D:D Imagine the feeling if England make it to the final of the World Cup:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38: ... pardon me for indulging in wild fantasies.

cashman 22-02-2014 17:57

Yeh got more chance of winning than we got in the world cup mate.:D;)

Eric 22-02-2014 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1095437)
Yeh got more chance of winning than we got in the world cup mate.:D;)

Might be worth a thread to discuss why this is so. Brits are just as passionate about football, a game they invented, as Canadians are about hockey. All the kids play football over there, just as they play hockey here. (In fact, there are more girls and young women playing organized hockey in Canada than there are in the rest of the world put together.) Difference is that we still dominate our game. We are always the team to beat, and, of course, sometimes we are beaten ... but all opponents have to take us seriously. Tomorrow we go for the gold. And we play on a larger ice surface than our players are used to, and under those fussy European "rules" that tend to penalize the, let's say, more physical aspects of the game.

Oh, and the game gives us a valid reason for getting drunk at breakfast time:alright:

Eric 23-02-2014 17:05

The question has been answered ... Any beer will do as long as there is lots of it:D

And Canada wins the gold:alright::alright::alright:

It's still our game.:mosher:

ossy kid 23-02-2014 21:37

Great game, 4 a.m. sitting up in bed watching it, deserved 3-0 win. Followed by breakfast of champions, egg-bacon and scotch, eh.

Eric 23-02-2014 23:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by ossy kid (Post 1095524)
Great game, 4 a.m. sitting up in bed watching it, deserved 3-0 win. Followed by breakfast of champions, egg-bacon and scotch, eh.

Started at 7 a.m. here, which is close enough to noon to start in on the beer and shots.:D