Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Oscar Pistorius Trial. (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/oscar-pistorius-trial-66001.html)

westendlass 10-04-2014 10:22

Oscar Pistorius Trial.

I've been watching the Oscar Pistorius murder trial on tv on and off and now the prosecution have him its not looking too good. It's been coming out in court that his relationship with his girlfriend was turbulent. He can't remember very much today under questioning and seems to keep tripping himself up. Seems to me to be a spoiled little boy used to getting his own way with a large ego and temper to match.

cashman 10-04-2014 10:42

Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial.

Pretty accurate summary in my view.

JCB 10-04-2014 10:45

I like courtroom dramas such as Kavanagh Q.C. , Judge John Deed and Silk .

But the Pistorius trial has left me feeling very grateful that we don't have televised trials in the UK .

I just switch the news off when parts of the trial come on , just as I do when Mr Cameron comes on spouting away . ;)

DtheP47 10-04-2014 10:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by westendlass (Post 1101905)
Seems to me to be a spoiled little boy used to getting his own way with a large ego and temper to match.

Anyone who remembers or revisits his conduct way back when his blades were in question at the 2012 Paralympics arrives very quickly at that conclusion too westendlass.

westendlass 10-04-2014 11:13

He's been very emotional throughout the trial,sobbing, vomiting and howling, but I think it's all out of pity for the predicament he finds himself in. He comes across as a bully in court when details of his relationship with Reeva have come out. They were only together for a few months. I don't think her mother,who has sat stony faced in the courtroom, believes a word of his testimony.

Eric 10-04-2014 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by westendlass (Post 1101911)
I don't think her mother,who has sat stony faced in the courtroom, believes a word of his testimony.

Completely irrelevant ... it depends what the jury thinks. Nor does it matter that he seems to be an asshole ... that isn't a crime. If it were the streets would be empty and the jails would be full. And with a charge of this nature it all boils down to "reasonable doubt." Me, I just try to ignore the whole deal. I don't watch "reality" shows.:rolleyes: Well, maybe "Finding Bigfoot.":D

Greeny 10-04-2014 12:35

There is no jury at all at this trial, the decision is made by the female judge and two assistants ( one male, one female )
I would have loved to be in a fly on the wall.
I'm also following Nigel Evans case .
I have made my mind up on the later , but will the jury think the same???????

Eric 10-04-2014 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeny (Post 1101923)
There is no jury at all at this trial, the decision is made by the female judge and two assistants ( one male, one female )

Didn't realize that ... shows how closely I'm following the circus parade. Whenever I feel tempted to "convict" someone based on what appears in the media, I think of two words: "David Milgaard" ... and the temptation goes quietly away.

Michael1954 10-04-2014 14:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeny (Post 1101923)
I'm also following Nigel Evans case .
I have made my mind up on the later , but will the jury think the same???????

Have you heard all the evidence? The jury have, and he has been found not guilty.

Margaret Pilkington 10-04-2014 14:37

It is not a great idea to televise trials. It is so easy to get into the dangerous situation of trial by media.
I have not really paid much attention to the Oscar Pistorius trial. It holds very little interest for me.
As for Nigel Evans, his doings are his own business.....but it is right that he has been investigated. A jury has deliberated and they have made their decision after the due process of the law.

Eric 10-04-2014 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1101931)
the due process of the law.

... which is there to protect us all, and give us a fair shake. And wherever one is in the "civilized" world it's all quite similar ... and it's, basically anyway, English, all the way back to Henry Beauclerc; so, it's gotta be damn good:D ... not perfect, but what is in this sublunary world. Sure the guilty go free sometimes, and the innocent get punished; but that doesn't mean that the system, in general, is flawed ... people are.

cashman 10-04-2014 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1101934)
... Sure the guilty go free sometimes, and the innocent get punished; but that doesn't mean that the system, in general, is flawed ... people are.

You speak fer yerself.:D

Eric 10-04-2014 15:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1101935)
You speak fer yerself.:D

Nah ... me, I'm perfect ... like all bottom-enders:alright:

accyman 10-04-2014 17:57

im a bit behind on celebrity trials

hows O.J getting along ?

davebtelford 10-04-2014 18:14

If only Columbo had conducted the investigation Mr P. would have entered a guilty plea for sure.

PS. O J Simpson got away with murder but was convicted of serious offences connected "retrieving" memorabilia he believed was stolen from him. Hopefully he's still in jail.

accyman 10-04-2014 19:42

heard a snippet on the radio and his main defence seems to be that a lot of things happened too quick to think

he seemed ok with his cheating springs making things too quick

ossy kid 11-04-2014 04:05

He claims that he thought she/it was a burglar in the bathroom. What made him think there was a burglar? There was no evidence of an intruder, just someone in the bathroom, he has the gun, wouldn't a normal person shout "stand and deliver" or something, rather than blow a hole through the door. Methinks he knew who was there. Guilty mi lud.

cashman 11-04-2014 06:25

What really baffles me wi this n no-one yet seems to have asked him, If anyone is in bed n thinks they hear someone in the house, Then i think they would say to the partner, "Ring Police" whilst i check this out.:rolleyes:

Accyexplorer 11-04-2014 07:20

Not that I give a flying, but for the record It was allegedly a private (well secured) home with a private (secure) bathroom.
Did he really think it was a burglar, hmmm I think not.

I assume Pistorius suffers from low self esteem due to his disability.
IMHO, I think he's a jealous,hysterical, paranoid, (wreckless)gun-fanatic, and a lying [deleted ] who suffered from little big man syndrome.
If he doesn't get jail for murder he should be locked away in a secure unit.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2SWeiWH2AJg

accyman 11-04-2014 07:32

i could understand the whole incident if it was the woman who shot the man because of the "he left the toilet seat up again " thing but who the hell would shoot a woman in the bathroom ? If it wasnt for womens habbits in the bathroom we wouldnt have a loo roll with sheets on the roll ,soap big enough to pick up in under 5 mins , a dry toilet seat and there would be a yellow stain around the toilet from all the bad early morning just got out of bed aiming with our meat swords thing...

this man is a monster its people like him that make bathrooms a frightening place for women to frequent.My other half hasnt used my bathroom in weeks when visiting and signs are begining to appear now that my bathroom is now only used by males. Its a damn shame too i had just got her past the having to put half a loo-roll down on the toilet seat before sitting on it and now were back to square one :(

Accyexplorer 11-04-2014 16:50

Looks like pistorius has got himself a expensive lawyer, I hope he can foot the bill :eek:

Accyexplorer 12-04-2014 00:37

There's too many Oscar Pistorius jokes already. Trying to come up with a new one is like taking a shot in the dark.It was literally minutes after Oscar Pistorius’s arrest that folk began taking the Pistorius.It seems like only yesterday he had a spring in his step.
I hear he's pleading not guilty due to temporary diminished responsibility. He claims he was legless at the time.
Oscar obviously misunderstood his Mrs when she told him that on Valentine’s Day he should take her out.
On aside note I hear Hollywood are going to be doing his life story, it’s now going to be called Blade Gunner.
Anyway enough of the joking if he's found guilty he's going to have to take it on the shin :eek:

westendlass 12-04-2014 09:06

Going off the cross examination he was under this week it looks like he's gone and shot himself in the foot. The prosecutor tripped him up time and again.:D

Accyexplorer 14-05-2014 05:30

Prosecution calls for Pistorius to face month of mental tests

"anxiety disorder".....seems someone is looking for that get out of jail free card...

...looks like he's sold his house.

Oscar Pistorius sells house where shot and killed girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp - Africa - World - The Independent

I hope he remembers to buy some soap :eek:

DAV007 14-05-2014 12:12

http://cdn.themetapicture.com/media/...ail-prison.jpg

BTW,
Dont think he is guilty, the prosecution case has plenty of gaps in it.

Accyexplorer 15-05-2014 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1106143)
http://cdn.themetapicture.com/media/...ail-prison.jpg

BTW,
Dont think he is guilty, the prosecution case has plenty of gaps in it.

I think he's guilty as guilty can be, (sadly) I think he may walk though :(

Lucysgirl 15-05-2014 12:04

I don't watch the trial either.

I think it's a mistake for anyone outside of South Africa to pass judgement on the state of mind of any citizen in that country because the scars of what was more or less a civil war until the end of the 20th century when the "Truth and Reconciliation Commission" was set up to establish some form of wiping the slate clean. The white police terrorised the black communities and told lies about their actions plus there were organised sectors of the black community who terrorised and committed atrocities to both blacks and whites. The current leadership of South Africa has seen law and order and the wealth of its citizens slide downward these last five or so years - the only upward trend has been the crime figures. No wonder the sale of guns for protection has increased.

Pistorius obviously killed his fiance; the only question is, what sort of sentence should he receive? The introduction at the trial of his state of mind at the time could have repercussions in that he might be deemed not safe to be allowed outside of a barred room.

Margaret Pilkington 15-05-2014 12:30

If you are in bed with your girlfriend and you hear what you suppose to be an intruder...wouldn't you check to see if your girlfriend was in bed?
If she was in bed you would tell her to stay there, while you investigated......if she was not in bed, then wouldn't you ask yourself where she is most likely to be?
Isn't the most likely place going to be the bathroom, and specifically the toilet?
This was a gated compound.
While there may be gaps in the prosecution case, I do not believe Oscar Pistorius.
He has been in situations before with guns and their inappropriate use.

My brother works in south Africa on a regular basis. He does not like going there, but he stays inside a gated community with its own guards.

Lucysgirl 15-05-2014 12:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1106200)
If you are in bed with your girlfriend and you hear what you suppose to be an intruder...wouldn't you check to see if your girlfriend was in bed?
If she was in bed you would tell her to stay there, while you investigated......if she was not in bed, then wouldn't you ask yourself where she is most likely to be?
Isn't the most likely place going to be the bathroom, and specifically the toilet?
This was a gated compound.
While there may be gaps in the prosecution case, I do not believe Oscar Pistorius.
He has been in situations before with guns and their inappropriate use.

My brother works in south Africa on a regular basis. He does not like going there, but he stays inside a gated community with its own guards.

I wasn't there, so I wouldn't know. However, when I was in my sixties I did have an intruder in the house in the early hours (about 3.30 am) and I evicted him on my own. I then went back to bed - the next morning I wondered why I hadn't called the police. I'm minded of our local post office owner who disturbed the "Black Panther" - he too challenged the intruder - he didn't check on his daughters to see if they were still safe in bed did he?

Margaret Pilkington 15-05-2014 13:31

That is a bit different.....if you are in bed with someone you instinctively feel their movements....you know when they turn over.....you know when they get up out of bed.....and when they come back to bed.
If someone is sleeping in a different room, then it would be possible for an event like this to take place......but that wasn't how the situation was in this case.

I know I wasn't there.....but something about this case doesn't sound right.
Oscar Pistorius knows what happened.....and he has to live with it for the rest of his life.

Lucysgirl 15-05-2014 13:54

I was married for 35 years and know that my female brain works totally differently from any male's brain. Their thought processes take a different direction than mine and they can't multi-task.

A look at the way tmale - female brains are wired gives a clue ...

http://hisleadershiphertrust.com/wp-...male-Brain.jpg

Men generally have more connections within each hemisphere of the brain, while in women the two halves of the brain are much more interlinked.

Margaret Pilkington 15-05-2014 14:14

I have been married for 47 years so I know that men are wired differently...think differently, act differently.

I know that when there is a noise in the house, it is me who goes to investigate what it is.
We have a phone upstairs and if I thought we had someone in the house I would be calling for help first.

Or maybe that is just too sensible..just too logical...or maybe it is because I do not have a gun under my bed.

Lucysgirl 15-05-2014 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1106216)
I have been married for 47 years so I know that men are wired differently...think differently, act differently.

I know that when there is a noise in the house, it is me who goes to investigate what it is.
We have a phone upstairs and if I thought we had someone in the house I would be calling for help first.

Or maybe that is just too sensible..just too logical...or maybe it is because I do not have a gun under my bed.

I bet yours has the same standard phrases as mine did lol

Quite a while back there were some street interviews in England where some men did admit that they kept an object under their bed for defence purposes, such as a child's cricket bat, etc., in the event of an an intruder - I think it possibly might be something to do with the area they live in.

Accyexplorer 15-05-2014 17:18

His 'story' has more holes in it than the local golf course.
They had a fight, she tried to leave,she locked herself in the bathroom (probably in fear), his rage got the better of him so he got a gun and killed her (that's my summary).
Surprisingly though, I do feel a little pity for him,he's thrown two decades of blood sweat and tears but my main pity is for the beautiful young woman who lost her life.
Rip reeva, I'd give my left leg for a women that could turn heads the way she did.

westendlass 15-05-2014 17:47

Aside from the evidence detailed in court, his pitiful whimpering performance looked,to me, to be a man full of his own self pity. He probably regretted what he'd done straight away when he'd blasted all his rage away but, I think he's a spoiled, self absorbed man who believed his own publicity. Whatever the outcome of his trial, he has still killed a young woman and that will walk with him forever. His uncontrolled behaviour has ruined his own life forever.

davebtelford 15-05-2014 18:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by westendlass (Post 1106234)
Aside from the evidence detailed in court, his pitiful whimpering performance looked,to me, to be a man full of his own self pity. He probably regretted what he'd done straight away when he'd blasted all his rage away but, I think he's a spoiled, self absorbed man who believed his own publicity. Whatever the outcome of his trial, he has still killed a young woman and that will walk with him forever. His uncontrolled behaviour has ruined his own life forever.

I wouldn't bet on it. If he gets away with it he will find a way to justify/excuse his actions in his own warped mind and carry on as normal.

CF. O J Simpson got away with murder but went on to be committed for further crimes.

Accyexplorer 06-07-2014 10:43

The Media coverage on this trail seems to have lost its legs :confused:

cashman 06-07-2014 10:48

Its on Sky News every weekday night at 9-30 if yeh can be bothered to watch,? I sure can't.:D

Accyexplorer 06-07-2014 11:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1109859)
Its on Sky News every weekday night at 9-30 if yeh can be bothered to watch,? I sure can't.:D

Cheers C, I'll be sure to give it a miss ;)

DaveinGermany 06-07-2014 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Accyexplorer (Post 1109858)
The Media coverage on this trail seems to have lost its legs :confused:

Any wonder? The whole process is completely tedious & of no interest to the majority of folk who've got enough on their plate with trying to lead their own lives, let alone endure the nauseating mass coverage of some irrelevant "sports star" who for whatever reason killed his girlfriend.

US Angel 06-07-2014 19:42

Don't like the idea of "TV" Trials case in point Casey Anthony
not saying anything else

Barrie Yates 07-07-2014 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1109868)
Any wonder? The whole process is completely tedious & of no interest to the majority of folk who've got enough on their plate with trying to lead their own lives, let alone endure the nauseating mass coverage of some irrelevant "sports star" who for whatever reason killed his girlfriend.

Why would the TV controllers of Sky News, Sky Sports News and BBC News think that anyone outside the RSA would be in the least interested in the trial - broadcast at the same time on all three channels?

cashman 08-07-2014 07:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barrie Yates (Post 1110035)
Why would the TV controllers of Sky News, Sky Sports News and BBC News think that anyone outside the RSA would be in the least interested in the trial - broadcast at the same time on all three channels?

Possibly cos theres that many knobheads watch these reality programmes Barrie? so they assume the same mentality will apply.

cashman 14-10-2014 09:19

Whats going on here now? A sentence Hearing !!! another complete farce, telling us what a good boy he is n how his life is ruined,:mad: Well what about the dead lasses life?? n her family.:mad: If this is the way South African Law is conducted, maybe ours aint as bad as i thought? an unsual step of armed police in court today, seemingly cos this judge aint very popular with the South African public, Hardly Surprising in my view.:mad:

Accyexplorer 14-10-2014 10:19

A correctional officer for his defence wants him to get house arrest and community service , now that's taking the pistorius.
I wonder, if the girls parents shot him dead, cried, played the victim and claimed it ruined their life's would they be recommended for community service?

westendlass 14-10-2014 13:18

And, if I heard right, the community service suggested was for 16 hours per month! Sounds neither here nor there to me, what sort of punishment is that? If it was a black member of the public who shot his girlfriend like that I'm sure the outcome would have been very different in South Africa.

Margaret Pilkington 14-10-2014 14:15

Call me cynical, but what's the betting that his 'ruined life' will not be the subject of a book he writes about his experiences?

His life is nowhere near as ruined as that of Reeva Steenkamp and the nightmare that her parents have had to live through.
This man has a total disrespect for guns........he is the author of his own fate....there have been many reported incidents involving him and he has learned nothing from any of them.
Whatever happens to him he will have got off lightly - well, that is unless they decide to hang him...I can't see that happening.

cashman 14-10-2014 14:33

My moneys on no nick.:(

Margaret Pilkington 14-10-2014 14:46

And mine too.
But I really think this man is going to come to a sticky end.

Barrie Yates 14-10-2014 15:29

I couldn't care less

DtheP47 14-10-2014 15:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by westendlass (Post 1120830)
And, if I heard right, the community service suggested was for 16 hours per month! Sounds neither here nor there to me, what sort of punishment is that? If it was a black member of the public who shot his girlfriend like that I'm sure the outcome would have been very different in South Africa.

Extract from:
Oscar Pistorius murder trial Judge Thokozile Masipa has tough job

Critics of Judge Masipa’s decision held up the example of popular black hip hop artist Molemo ‘Jub Jub’ Maarohanye who was found guilty of murder and sentenced to 20 years imprisonment after ploughing into a group of children while drag racing in Soweto. His defence lawyers had argued diminished responsibly as the singer had taken drugs and did not mean to kill.

Eric 14-10-2014 16:05

I'm surprised that nobody seems to be considering that Pistorius may indeed be "not guilty" of the charge ... whatever else he may be guilty of is irrelevant. There is obviously "reasonable doubt." One of the problems which crops up when the prosecution elects to try someone for a crime which carries the death penalty ... good ol' USA ... or life imprisonment, is that juries are ruled by "reasonable doubt" and will not convict on the basis of circumstantial evidence, however convincing that might be. All we hear of the trial is filtered thru media which have often proved untrustworthy and inaccurate. Trials such as this are glamorized and sensationalized in order to increase circulation and sell advertising. What happened that night; what the "true" facts are, nobody will ever know ... and therein lies the reasonable doubt.

DtheP47 14-10-2014 16:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1120851)
What happened that night; what the "true" facts are, nobody will ever know ... and therein lies the reasonable doubt.

Pistorious knows Eric.

Margaret Pilkington 14-10-2014 16:26

While some of what you say is true......the trial has been televised......so it has been possible to hear the evidence as it was given.
This is different from some trials where the media report what has gone on.

A girl is dead, her family have been robbed of the joy of seeing her marry, have children.....etc.
The only person who really knows what happened that night is OP.....he has to live with this for the rest of his life. This event will follow him for the rest of his life.....he will be known for it, remembered for it....possibly long after his celebrity as a sportsman is forgotten.

I don't get why a man would go into a bathroom and fire a series of shots without first making sure the girl in his life was safe.....telling her to hide if he thought that there were intruders on the premises.

I cannot see how you could fire so many shots and not think that it would kill whoever was behind the door.... So there was intent to kill whoever was behind the door.

I do not envy the judge her job, but I think if the person in the dock had not been a sporting star then the outcome and the sentence would be different......and that isn't justice.

Margaret Pilkington 14-10-2014 16:32

I also distrust his truthfulness.
It appeared at one point as if he was trying to get off on psychiatric grounds.......that to me smacks of guilt rather than an accidental shooting.

Accyexplorer 14-10-2014 16:58

Let's link hands and sing......after me, 'kumbaya my Lord'.....

.....The defence claims Oscar Pistorius would be 'vulnerable' in prison,hygiene issues about cleaning his stumps and also if prisoners took his legs he wouldn't be able to make a stand and would probably be raped....should of thought about that before becoming trigger happy and killing his Mrs :rolleyes:

cashman 14-10-2014 17:10

Any reasonable person thats listened to the trial would say thats complete bullsh1t Eric,:rolleyes: Handy not having a jury yon. especially if yer a multi millionaire white fellow.

westendlass 14-10-2014 17:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtheP47 (Post 1120846)
Extract from:
Oscar Pistorius murder trial Judge Thokozile Masipa has tough job

Critics of Judge Masipa’s decision held up the example of popular black hip hop artist Molemo ‘Jub Jub’ Maarohanye who was found guilty of murder and sentenced to 20 years imprisonment after ploughing into a group of children while drag racing in Soweto. His defence lawyers had argued diminished responsibly as the singer had taken drugs and did not mean to kill.

Thought as much!

westendlass 14-10-2014 17:29

Apparently, according to a reporter commenting on the trial this morning, he's got a new girlfriend too. She must want her head seeing to. A previous girlfriend has said he was a violent bully with her, women should be barred from going near him in my opinion.

Accyexplorer 14-10-2014 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1120862)
Any reasonable person thats listened to the trial would say thats complete bullsh1t Eric,:rolleyes: Handy not having a jury yon. especially if yer a multi millionaire white fellow.

Well if any of us had shot someone in cold blood I bet we would be in jail long before now,the only reason it's lasted this long is so it looks legitimate when he walks/hops.
It does seem money in Africa can get you a long way,even more so than the likes of the uk.

DtheP47 14-10-2014 20:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by westendlass (Post 1120865)
Apparently, according to a reporter commenting on the trial this morning, he's got a new girlfriend too. She must want her head seeing to. A previous girlfriend has said he was a violent bully with her, women should be barred from going near him in my opinion.

Also pictures of him out nightclubbing... Hardly the broken man his shrink is portraying him as.

Eric 14-10-2014 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1120862)
Any reasonable person thats listened to the trial would say thats complete bullsh1t Eric

If there had have been a jury, and if I were on it, having listened to the evidence available, I would have voted "not guilty." You can't condemn a guy on circumstantial evidence and media speculations. There has to be hard evidence ... any "reasonable" person would require more proof than the prosecution offered ... and what they offered was speculative bs, nothing more.. That you might have preferred a guilty verdict is irrelevant. Even in South Africa, there is the presumption of innocence. The prosecution has to prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that someone is guilty. They didn't do that.

Accyexplorer 14-10-2014 23:40

I am losing any interest I had in this case. The decision was reached that he was guilty of manslaughter and he's not guilty of murder or put another way he's alive and she is dead.

His 'negligence' with a firearm, mental issues lead to the death of that poor girl and I would have thought the very least that should happen with him is that he gets some time in jail, as I feel that would be justice for her parents regardless of any circumstances.

I had my doubts if he'd ever get jail though, maybe there are enough mitigating circumstances to keep him out of prison,there's not much putting him on any ankle bracelet/tag schemes either so "community service" it is.

accyman 15-10-2014 23:13

we cant really have a go at another countries legal system when our own country is been ran by a gang of organised criminals that the majority of should be in prison but it does go to show that our country isnt the only country where the amount of money you have dictates what quality of law you get

Margaret Pilkington 16-10-2014 06:10

Money doesn't just talk......it sings the whole of the Hallelujah Chorus!
It was always thus.

westendlass 21-10-2014 09:30

Oscar Pistorius has just got five years but may only serve 10 months, he may serve the rest under house arrest. I wouldn't call that justice for Reeva's family.

Studio25 21-10-2014 10:09

Justice failed them when he managed to get away with murder. I still can't see how the judge managed to decide it was culpable homicide (their version of manslaughter).

westendlass 21-10-2014 10:25

Reeva's cousin has just been speaking to Philip Schofield on This Morning and said Pistorius showed no remorse and was out partying frequently after killing her. What a cold, arrogant creature. He should have got the full 15 years for her murder. I hope he has to watch his backside in prison with no special treatment, the creep.

accyman 27-10-2014 03:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by westendlass (Post 1121569)
Reeva's cousin has just been speaking to Philip Schofield on This Morning and said Pistorius showed no remorse and was out partying frequently after killing her. What a cold, arrogant creature. He should have got the full 15 years for her murder. I hope he has to watch his backside in prison with no special treatment, the creep.

once they kick his false legs off he will be the right hight to provide much pleasure to his inmates ;)

Accyexplorer 27-10-2014 07:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1122186)
once they kick his false legs off he will be the right hight to provide much pleasure to his inmates ;)

You could say he got community service :D

kestrelx 30-10-2014 17:24

He had an argument with her and blew her away... why else would you shoot blindly into a toilet when your girlfriend was in the house with you - everybody first would shout out if it was your girlfriend in there, to find out if she was safe - before shooting! Fact is they had an argument and he decided to shoot into the bathroom regardless - that is what I see as happened...

accyman 31-10-2014 00:00

when i was younger if i was in for a battering from my mother i would leg it upstairs and lock myself in the bathroom

if my little brother was in for a thump from me he would lock himself in the bathroom

when my youngest brother was in for a battering from my mother or the middle brother he would lock himself in the bathroom

this is because the only room in most houses with a lock is the bathroom and i am pretty sure this is why she was in the bathroom she was trying to get to a safe place away from oscar

did they ever mention the lock on the bathroom door ?

DtheP47 31-10-2014 08:10

She had packed her bags and had her mobile in the bathroom too.

Oscar Pistorius trial: 'Reeva Steenkamp had packed bags to leave before she was shot' - Crime - News - London Evening Standard

accyman 31-10-2014 10:29

well if he ever competes again i hope the guy with the starter pistol shoots him

Margaret Pilkington 31-10-2014 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1122516)
this is because the only room in most houses with a lock is the bathroom and i am pretty sure this is why she was in the bathroom she was trying to get to a safe place away from oscar

did they ever mention the lock on the bathroom door ?

That is a neat theory...except, I am sure she would have know of his past record with guns........surely she didn't think the bathroom door was bullet proof.
And despite what has been said, I am of the firm opinion that if someone cares about you, they make sure you are safe before they go and seek out any intruder.
I think it was a deliberate act and everything since then has been contrived to limit the damage to OP's image.
If he had been an ordinary Joe, or a coloured man he would have been going to jail for a very long time.

Lucysgirl 01-11-2014 16:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtheP47 (Post 1122527)

I usually have my bag packed and ready the day before I go away too. The whole point about gong to bed early was because she had an engagement in Johannesburg the following day.

kestrelx 03-11-2014 16:24

There was another similar case when a guy had a bad argument with his girlfriend he ended up strangling her and later hung himself - same as this case except he didn't hang himself. Point is a lot of people do it.

Eric 03-11-2014 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by kestrelx (Post 1122827)
There was another similar case when a guy had a bad argument with his girlfriend he ended up strangling her and later hung himself - same as this case except he didn't hang himself. Point is a lot of people do it.

Strangling someone and "shoot[ing] blindly into a toilet" are way different ... at least as far as law is concerned. The law is the law; it's written, in some ancient cases, in stone. It's not the kind of thing you can make up as you go along, depending on whether or not you like the accused, or, for that matter, despise the victim. The prosecution made a case based on pure circumstance. There was no clear motive (domestic disputes don't count ... if they did, everyone on the planet would have a motive for murder) ... no witnesses, other than defendant and the victim. No evidence that the murder was planned. The prosecution offered little more than they argued; Pistorius had issues and/or a passion for guns; he was potentially violent; etc. The "he must have known it was her in the bog" argument is more circumstance, implying a knowledge of the contents of his mind at the time. A verdict of "manslaughter" might not be to everyone's taste, but it is reasonable given the evidence. Lotsa folks would love assholes to be convicted of all kinds of shiite .... but the real world ain't hollywood; sometimes the bad guys win. Maybe our willing suspension of disbelief should be applied outside of theatre.

Margaret Pilkington 03-11-2014 17:54

He has to live with what he did every single day of his life...and if it was an accident, then his mind will torment him far more than prison ever could........and if it was murder......then his mind will torment him more than prison ever could. There will be no end to the sentence either.

Eric 04-11-2014 06:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1122837)
He has to live with what he did every single day of his life...and if it was an accident, then his mind will torment him far more than prison ever could........and if it was murder......then his mind will torment him more than prison ever could. There will be no end to the sentence either.

Of course, on the other hand, he could be feeling pretty positive about life, the universe, and everything. After all, he's 95 per cent :D sure of getting away with a mickey mouse sentence. I don't think there's much mental anguish going on. But all this is just idle speculation about his mental state ... Come to think of it, that's about 95 per cent:D of the prosecution's case.

Margaret Pilkington 04-11-2014 07:04

95%does seem to be a popular figure these days.

Less 04-11-2014 07:25

Re: Re: Oscar Pistorius Trial.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1122868)
95%does seem to be a popular figure these days.

Popular, however after extensive research I find that figure to be only 95% accurate.

Margaret Pilkington 04-11-2014 07:26

That figures:)

Accyexplorer 19-08-2015 20:05

Good riddance,murdering weasel:-

Oscar Pistorius to stay in prison for foreseeable future after Justice Minister rejects early release - People - News - The Independent

westendlass 22-08-2015 05:32

I'll bet he's still an arrogant git, in court he showed only concern for himself. Full of self pity. And there will be another blonde hanging off his arm as soon as he's out, some people have no sense of self preservation! he comes across as spoilt, petulant child with his bottom lip out, he should be left to rot in his cell. Riva never got the chance to fulfill her potential because of his vile temper.

Lucysgirl 24-08-2015 00:08

I admit I was shocked to hear he would be out of prison after only a few months but as explained by a S.African lawyer it's a customary procedure for those found guilty of what we would call "manslaughter" and doesn't mean they're free to roam the streets. They are confined to their homes.

I'm sat on the fence on what sort of person the man is or isn't. I don't live in South Africa but from historic TV items I think it's quite a frightening place to live if you're white.

I've looked at the statistics and whilst the United Kingdom has one murder per 100,00o of the population, S.A. has 31 per 100,000 which is one of the highest in the world.:-

" Genocide Watch stated that the consequence is that white farmers and their families have been subjected to “murder, rape, mutilation and torture.” Although the current murder rate of South Africans is 31 per 100,000, one of the highest in the world, they said that the murder rate for white farmers is four times higher than that of the rest of the population.

Much of the friction they believe is a result of the ANC, the current ruling party of South Africa, referring to the white population as “settlers.” Whites have lived in South Africa for over 350 years, and were farming South Africa before “Newton discovered gravity.”

Currently, South Africa is the rape capital of the world with approximately 132 rapes per 100,000. Police were ordered to stop reporting crimes by race. According to Genocide Watch, a culture of corruption, rape and murder are normal."

cashman 24-08-2015 07:34

Which is nothing at all to do wi letting that arrogant murdering get outa prison,:rolleyes:

westendlass 24-08-2015 07:51

He lives in a secure, gated multi million pound compound. I wouldn't have thought he would have been cacking himself all the time by the thought of someone breaking in! He was shown in court to have a fascination with guns and an explosive temper, not a good combination in my opinion. Poor Riva found out how explosive to her personal cost.