Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Happy families (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/happy-families-66183.html)

shillelagh 22-05-2014 21:12

Re: Happy families

that's probably why its happened .. to stop people from voting ...

anyway its after 10pm now the polling stations are all closed .....

clare wont say anything due to the police being involved and investigations ongoing.

shillelagh 22-05-2014 21:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 1106750)
I doubt he would be allowed near those postal votes, more that likely a council employee has noticed an irregularity and brought it to his attention. But he still wouldn't be allowed near those ballot papers.
Why are they being opened before polling day ?, and whose responsible for security ?.

they wont be opened before polling day ....

they get a separate list of all those who have postal votes so then they know not to knock on their doors etc ... and in your case hyndburn council is responsible for security ... once they've received the ballot paper ..

accyman 22-05-2014 22:20

all i can say is that if one day i fall out with my kids i hope it dosnt end up all over the front page of the local rag

as long as nothing gets broke it shoudl keep out of the press ;)

shillelagh 23-05-2014 13:02

Malcolm Pritchard has won ... and will not stand as a UKIP councillor ... he will stand as an independent ... this has been on radio lancs ... yet he stood for UKIP ... so that's whats happened ...

Margaret Pilkington 23-05-2014 14:02

so he misrepresented his colours yet again........the people of his ward have been bamboozled.
He represents all that is bad in NATIONAL politics. They say one thing but do something entirely different.

cashman 23-05-2014 14:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1106923)
so he misrepresented his colours yet again........the people of his ward have been bamboozled.
He represents all that is bad in NATIONAL politics. They say one thing but do something entirely different.

The people of his ward that voted fer him are either very naive,or thick as 2 short planks imho.:rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 23-05-2014 15:14

Cashy I was trying to be diplomatic, but I guess you nailed it there.
The man should be thoroughly ashamed of himself.

maxthecollie 23-05-2014 15:53

Surely that is fraud.

cashman 23-05-2014 15:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1106931)
Cashy I was trying to be diplomatic, but I guess you nailed it there.
The man should be thoroughly ashamed of himself.

That was me being diplomatic Margaret,giving n alternative.:D;)

lindsay ormerod 23-05-2014 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by maxthecollie (Post 1106940)
Surely that is fraud.

Just what I thought but I have spoken to someone who knows about local politics and apparently it's not illegal, although it's certainly immoral.
Let's wait and see what the Police investigation turns up....

accyman 23-05-2014 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod (Post 1106943)
Just what I thought but I have spoken to someone who knows about local politics and apparently it's not illegal, although it's certainly immoral.
Let's wait and see what the Police investigation turns up....

surely there is something that can be done in cases wher eits less that 24 hours after winning an election

there is a serious flaw in teh election process and it needs fixing quick

lindsay ormerod 23-05-2014 16:41

My well placed source was giving him 6 months before he changed his colours again, this very rapid turnaround is ridiculous, even by Malcolm's shoddy standards. I stand by what I said, he has sold himself to the electorate as one thing and now says he's another. It's not right, not moral and makes him look seriously daft.

Retlaw 23-05-2014 18:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod (Post 1106951)
My well placed source was giving him 6 months before he changed his colours again, this very rapid turnaround is ridiculous, even by Malcolm's shoddy standards. I stand by what I said, he has sold himself to the electorate as one thing and now says he's another. It's not right, not moral and makes him look seriously daft.

Could the returning officer or the chief executive of the council not declare the poll invalid, and declare a re-election for election fraud.

cashman 23-05-2014 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retlaw (Post 1106966)
Could the returning officer or the chief executive of the council not declare the poll invalid, and declare a re-election for election fraud.

That to me,is exactly what should happen,if the returning officer has got the balls to do it.which somehow i doubt.:rolleyes:

accyman 23-05-2014 19:54

maybe a few hundred emails in his box and a facbook page shaming the fraudster and demanding a re election be set up

sadly despite my computer expertees i only ever use facebook for games and selling things but if a group started id sign and join it

imagine his reputation if a re election is forced his political career woudl be in the gutter..

well its already in the gutter but on his terms i mean fubared

if i had voted UKIP in that ward i would be fuming