Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Euro election voting today (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/euro-election-voting-today-66187.html)

DAV007 22-05-2014 08:37

Euro election voting today

Voted UKIP, please do likewise

JCB 22-05-2014 08:53

Re: Euro election voting today

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAV007 (Post 1106796)
Voted UKIP, please do likewise

No thank you .

I have voted for the Labour Party candidates in the election for the European Parliament .

Less 22-05-2014 09:05

I will be voting later, whomsoever I vote for is between me and my conscience.:)

taddy 22-05-2014 10:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1106800)
I will be voting later, whomsoever I vote for is between me and my conscience.:)

And rightly so!

Margaret Pilkington 22-05-2014 11:26

I will take the walk down to Mercer House...through the pollen filled trees...making my Hayfever worse.....all for the privilege of writing NONE OF THE ABOVE.

Mick 22-05-2014 12:29

All done.
A long walk to the antley to put a kiss on a bit of paper

davebtelford 22-05-2014 17:37

Voted UKIP this morning.

Lucysgirl 22-05-2014 22:46

When I saw the length of the voting paper and the number of candidates, I felt cheated 'cos I only got 6 pamphlets through the door - I'm particularly peeved that "The Pirate Party" didn't send me an invite :)

accyman 22-05-2014 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucysgirl (Post 1106888)
When I saw the length of the voting paper and the number of candidates, I felt cheated 'cos I only got 6 pamphlets through the door - I'm particularly peeved that "The Pirate Party" didn't send me an invite :)

no complimentary eye patch either although their prommises to exclude vat from Planks at B&Q and free lingustic lessons for parrots with speech impediments nearly got them my vote

Accyexplorer 23-05-2014 09:10

Voting has been likened to being taken from behind and be able to choose the lube :D
It's all BS they are all same, they don't really give a flying about folks opinions :rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 23-05-2014 11:11

I put a kiss on the paper for all of the candidates...didn't want anyone to get the huff for being left out.

MargaretR 23-05-2014 11:22

When I moved house last summer I had to re-register, and it had to be using a paper form (on line registration not permitted for change of address).

My son posted it for me so I knew it was posted. However a council employee turned up on the doorstep saying that I wasn't registered and I filled in another form there and then.

I asked for postal vote on both registration forms, but no postal forms ever arrived.

So I didn't get the chance to vote, even if I wanted to, which I didn't !

Accyexplorer 23-05-2014 13:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 1106911)
When I moved house last summer I had to re-register, and it had to be using a paper form (on line registration not permitted for change of address).

My son posted it for me so I knew it was posted. However a council employee turned up on the doorstep saying that I wasn't registered and I filled in another form there and then.

I asked for postal vote on both registration forms, but no postal forms ever arrived.

So I didn't get the chance to vote, even if I wanted to, which I didn't !

I always send the council employees packing when they've turned up at mine trying to get me to register , I found out once that they asked a neighbour to sign on my behalf :eek: (luckily they know how I feel about the council and their employees).
Scary to think they'd stoop so low as to ask someone to sign on my behalf, perhaps the employees filled it in for you :D

shillelagh 23-05-2014 13:43

UKIP seat in Accrington

Joe Wilson BBC Radio Lancashire

Lancashire's first UKIP councillor Malcolm Pritchard said after beating his daughter Clare Pritchard (Labour) to the Milnshaw seat he "takes absolutely no joy from it whatsoever", reports BBC Radio Lancashire's Joe Wilson.

Malcolm and Clare Pritchard
He said he would not stand on Hydburn Council as the UKIP sees fit but he would be an independent councillor.

from the bbc website ...

sherry 23-05-2014 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 1106920)
UKIP seat in Accrington

Joe Wilson BBC Radio Lancashire

Lancashire's first UKIP councillor Malcolm Pritchard said after beating his daughter Clare Pritchard (Labour) to the Milnshaw seat he "takes absolutely no joy from it whatsoever", reports BBC Radio Lancashire's Joe Wilson.

Malcolm and Clare Pritchard
He said he would not stand on Hydburn Council as the UKIP sees fit but he would be an independent councillor.

from the bbc website ...

Mr Pritchard accuses his daughter of "electoral fraud" then states that after
being elected after standing on the UKIP ticket announces that he will not
be following their manifesto but will serve as an independent councillor!

I wonder what definition he gives to that action?