Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Hong Kong, (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/hong-kong-66613.html)

jack preston 30-09-2014 21:04

Hong Kong,

What about the protest,what will China do.:mad:

DtheP47 30-09-2014 21:18

Re: Hong Kong,

Tread very carefully the world is watching and they don't want another Tiananmen Square.

Eric 30-09-2014 21:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtheP47 (Post 1119271)
Tread very carefully

... and carry a big stick.;)

DtheP47 30-09-2014 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1119272)
... and carry a big stick.;)

When nobodies watching.

Eric 30-09-2014 21:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtheP47 (Post 1119275)
When nobodies watching.

We got big time economic ties to China ... and, as you well know, money talks, bs walks. Guess what the noise from Ottawa will be ...

DtheP47 30-09-2014 21:39

True dat Eric
We are working with GE on COMACs C919 new narrow body passenger jet.....the number of U.S. west coast aerospace companies cosying up to Bejing on this is amazing. Big Chinese population on the west Coast as I am sure you know. Even Arnie got involved a couple of years ago when he was Governor.

cashman 30-09-2014 22:01

We were talking about this only on Sat pre match, Me mates lad is home from China @ lives near Hong Kong, He honestly knew sod all about these protests, was amazed, nothing at all on Chinas News about em, He goes back this week should be interesting.:eek:

Eric 30-09-2014 22:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtheP47 (Post 1119282)
True dat Eric
We are working with GE on COMACs C919 new narrow body passenger jet.....the number of U.S. west coast aerospace companies cosying up to Bejing on this is amazing. Big Chinese population on the west Coast as I am sure you know. Even Arnie got involved a couple of years ago when he was Governor.

Our west coast too ... and, if the Yanks don't go for Keystone, I've no doubt that Canada will build a pipeline in our own country ... all the way to the coast, where oil can be loaded into tankers heading for Chine. Tar Sands oil ... where there's muck, there's brass;).

DtheP47 30-09-2014 22:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1119285)
We were talking about this only on Sat pre match, Me mates lad is home from China @ lives near Hong Kong, He honestly knew sod all about these protests, was amazed, nothing at all on Chinas News about em, He goes back this week should be interesting.:eek:

The censors have been working overtime Ol
Sino Weibo their popular social networking site had nothing on and a search for Hong Kong made no mention.
Tv viewers were misinformed on the mainland saying a few thousand people has assembled in a local park celebrating the China Government
Instagram the photo sharing site was completely blocked.

cashman 30-09-2014 22:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtheP47 (Post 1119287)
The censors have been working overtime Ol
Sino Weibo their popular social networking site had nothing on and a search for Hong Kong made no mention.
Tv viewers were misinformed on the mainland saying a few thousand people has assembled in a local park celebrating the China Government
Instagram the photo sharing site was completely blocked.

Amazing they come a long way from Fish @ Chip Shops.:D;)

accyman 01-10-2014 12:47

never mind what will china do the real question is what will HBC do

which side they back will be the deciding factor in this and very much a make or break decision for the people of accrington

Eric 01-10-2014 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1119319)
never mind what will china do the real question is what will HBC do

which side they back will be the deciding factor in this and very much a make or break decision for the people of accrington

For a minute there I was wondering what the Hudson's Bay Company had to do with it ... but I twigged it, finally.;)

And I believe Hydburn Borough Council will do what it has to do ... as long as it doesn't offend local muslims.:rolleyes:

accyman 01-10-2014 16:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eric (Post 1119327)
For a minute there I was wondering what the Hudson's Bay Company had to do with it ... but I twigged it, finally.;)

And I believe Hydburn Borough Council will do what it has to do ... as long as it doesn't offend local muslims.:rolleyes:

oooh a touch synical im sure they didnt do anything to try and buy the pakistani origin vote

DtheP47 01-10-2014 20:07

HK police using teargas supplied under six export licences by UK company Chemring.

Eric 01-10-2014 21:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by DtheP47 (Post 1119358)
HK police using teargas supplied under six export licences by UK company Chemring.

Basil just phoned ... he wants his business ethics back.:D