Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Clock garage (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/clock-garage-66922.html)

stanley convert 07-01-2015 03:39

Clock garage

Finally it,s coming down to be replaced by a Marstons public house !! planning gone mad one of the busiest roads in Accrington and a school across the road ....I wonder why the previous planning application did,nt go ahead for it to be the Police station ?? :eek:

Less 07-01-2015 10:09

Re: Clock garage

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley convert (Post 1128725)
Finally it,s coming down to be replaced by a Marstons public house !! planning gone mad

How is it planning gone mad? They are knocking down a building that has been empty for several years and has slowly become an eye-sore due to neglect and intend to invest in a new building bringing trade to an area that wasn't being used. In another thread we are all bemoaning M&S leaving the town, here we have someone investing in the town.

Quote:

one of the busiest roads in Accrington and a school across the road

Yes it is one of the busiest Rd's though as with ASDA further along the same Rd I suspect there will be off road parking which aught to keep the users safe. Whether the pub was built or not the school would still be where it is, parents and staff seem to cope quite well, or are you suggesting that it may suddenly become a temptation for these 9 to 11 year olds to nip across this busy Rd for a couple of under age pints at lunch time?

Quote:

....I wonder why the previous planning application did,nt go ahead for it to be the Police station ?? :eek:

Hadn't heard about the Police station application, perhaps it would have been planning gone mad, placing it on one of Accrington's busiest Rd's and opposite a school as well?
:)

gpick24 07-01-2015 11:06

Clock garage

That's great news, could do with somewhere local like that.

cashman 07-01-2015 11:06

The clock garage was on Whalley Rd now occupied by Kwik-Fit! what yeh on about?:confused:

gpick24 07-01-2015 11:15

Clock garage

Clock garage moved to hyndburn road.

cashman 07-01-2015 11:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by gpick24 (Post 1128748)
Clock garage moved to hyndburn road.

Cheers was unaware of that, musta moved yon when i lived away.:)

gpick24 07-01-2015 11:27

Clock garage

I think the original BMW garage moved to there and took the name, when they relocated to Blackburn Arnold Clark took it over but it has been empty for ages.

cashman 07-01-2015 11:46

An owd mate whose house i used to live at served his apprenticeship at the clock garage on whalley rd, i was completely unaware it moved, thought it had just closed down.

Gremlin 07-01-2015 11:53

The Clock garage was bought by Bowker and sold BMW's. Previous to that it sold Triumph cars, I bought one myself from there.
When Bowker had the Hyndburn road garage built he kept the name Clock Garage (Accrington).I still have a receipt from April 1996 when I bought a BMW with that name on the bill head.
I often thought it would make a good site for a mosque with parking, thank our Lord it's not.

cashman 07-01-2015 11:56

That explains me ignorance,i was living in Blackpool back then.:) Then Spain just after yeh bought yer car yon Gremlin.

DtheP47 07-01-2015 11:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1128753)
An owd mate whose house i used to live at served his apprenticeship at the clock garage on whalley rd, i was completely unaware it moved, thought it had just closed down.

The original Clock garage corner of Milnshaw lane n Whalley Road Ol became as
now Kwik-fit..don't think it ever closed??
oops missed your previous saying just that !!!!

I still think of that corner as the Clock Garage (my age I know)
A bit like turning the corner at the Load Of Mischief....

wadey 07-01-2015 13:46

The original Clock Garage

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rossen...-6D3VbB-7PZjj4

Wynonie Harris 07-01-2015 14:34

A pub opening in Accy instead of the usual news about one closing down...that makes a refreshing change!

DtheP47 07-01-2015 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1128783)
A pub opening in Accy instead of the usual news about one closing down...that makes a refreshing change!

We were all late in picking up on this.

Marston's General Manager- New Build, Accrington

DaveinGermany 07-01-2015 15:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris (Post 1128783)

Quite literally, "Pint of Lager for the Gentleman & a fruit based drink for the Lady!" http://www.world-of-smilies.com/wos_...bierfass00.gif