Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Referendum is a load of crap.!! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/referendum-is-a-load-of-crap-67387.html)

cashman 28-10-2019 18:09

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Labour have just abstained on the vote so therefore NO ELECTION, i sincerly hope these Barstewards get what they deserve when an election comes.:mad:

Margaret Pilkington 28-10-2019 18:32

No surprise there then.
They abstained because they know full well that they would get kicked into the long grass.

Jimmy Clitheroe 28-10-2019 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1233146)
It looks very much to me like Boris has sold us out, for his own ends, due to all the remoaners stopping Brexit any way they can if there is an election and Farage is in it thats were my votes going.

Johnson's problem is that he his too much of a bull at a gate, charging in without confirming facts and dotting the i's and t's. The Manx kipper fiasco was pretty typical and didn't inspire confidence with me - how can you raise an issue to prove a point and get every aspect of it wrong ?

Jimmy Clitheroe 28-10-2019 19:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1233161)
Labour have just abstained on the vote so therefore NO ELECTION, i sincerly hope these Barstewards get what they deserve when an election comes.:mad:

A diabolical ploy by the desperate in the hope that something else comes along to take people's minds away from it all by the time an election is called. Well it won't wash - even if it was solidly proven to me that I would be substantially worse off after Brexit if they managed to blag a second referendum I would still vote out. These people who keep telling me I didn't know what I was voting for are both extremely arrogant and highly insulting. Sometimes I wish they would get their second vote because I believe it would result in a greater margin of victory to leave - still wouldn't satisfy the luvvies and those 'who know better' though would it...

cashman 28-10-2019 20:09

arrogant is just the word for those scumbags.

Margaret Pilkington 29-10-2019 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmy Clitheroe (Post 1233165)
A diabolical ploy by the desperate in the hope that something else comes along to take people's minds away from it all by the time an election is called. Well it won't wash - even if it was solidly proven to me that I would be substantially worse off after Brexit if they managed to blag a second referendum I would still vote out. These people who keep telling me I didn't know what I was voting for are both extremely arrogant and highly insulting. Sometimes I wish they would get their second vote because I believe it would result in a greater margin of victory to leave - still wouldn't satisfy the luvvies and those 'who know better' though would it...

No it wouldn't because it is blatantly obvious that these people wish to remain enslaved and captured by a foreign power/powers who only want our money.

The MP's currently in the HoC have never had to govern in the true sense of the word....and quite frankly they have no damn idea how to do it...and they would rather have someone else they can blame.
They want to take their fat salaries for doing burger all.

Bring on a GE let"s kick the traitors into touch

Gremlin 29-10-2019 14:37

Remember not so long ago when Mrs May called a GE and Hyndburn people were
saying “Nows the time to get rid of G Jones”?
He returned with a bigger majority.
I pray it’s reversed this time.
Would make a good Christmas present.

cashman 29-10-2019 14:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gremlin (Post 1233181)
Remember not so long ago when Mrs May called a GE and Hyndburn people were
saying “Nows the time to get rid of G Jones”?
He returned with a bigger majority.
I pray it’s reversed this time.
Would make a good Christmas present.

That was a great example of how dumb hyndburn folk can be. imho.

Margaret Pilkington 29-10-2019 15:14

Some people would vote for a donkey if it was wearing a Labour rosette.

My fervent hope this time is that the electorate in hyndburn have woken up to this man's ineptitude and will do the necessary.
I certainly won't be voting for him.

I await the political canvassers knocking on my door.
They will not be getting an easy time of it...any of them!

Jimmy Clitheroe 29-10-2019 23:10

Just had a pleasant day out in Brussels with the missus and came across this...….http://www.accringtonweb.com/gallery...ent-bu/cat/500

...can we please have this apply

Jimmy Clitheroe 29-10-2019 23:11

http://www.accringtonweb.com/gallery...ent-bu/cat/500http://www.accringtonweb.com/gallery...ent-bu/cat/500

monkey hanger 30-10-2019 09:07

[QUOTE=Margaret Pilkington;1233184]Some people would vote for a donkey if it was wearing a Labour rosette.

thats been the broblem throughout the industrial north of england since i was a kid. thing is donkeys would do a better job as they do not lie or give answers to people that they want to hear.

Margaret Pilkington 30-10-2019 14:34

I am tempted to retort 'globular objects....commonly known as boŁŁocks.
Sorry for the crudity, but nothing else fits

Margaret Pilkington 30-10-2019 14:36

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1233204]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1233184)
Some people would vote for a donkey if it was wearing a Labour rosette.

thats been the broblem throughout the industrial north of england since i was a kid. thing is donkeys would do a better job as they do not lie or give answers to people that they want to hear.

Spot on.
It is time that voters used their brains to determine who is fit to do the job.
Tradition doesn't cut it because the Labour Party traditions were ditched by Tony Blair( a pox on him).

dotti34 01-11-2019 00:17

I really don't understand all this Brexit thing but I thought I'd put my two-bob's worth in for what's it worth:

Politicians and nappies have one thing in common.
They should both be changed regularly and for the same reason.