Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Mick admin (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/mick-admin-68785.html)

Mick 06-01-2017 13:32

Mick admin

Right sorry posting this from hospital bed I am stepping down as admin of Accyweb owing to health reasons any problems please ask Neil who is the new admin
From what they have told me I won't be around much longer
I have been talking with the end of life team
So there it is i have enjoyed my time on here and all the Accyweb party's we had in the stag
Have made some great friends
But now I must leave you enjoy Accyweb make it a site to remember
Good night all
Mick (site admin)

Margaret Pilkington 06-01-2017 13:40

Re: Mick admin

This is really sad news.
Mick you have been a good asset to the forum and a friend.
I don't know what else to say.

DaveinGermany 06-01-2017 14:10

I'm sorry to hear things are so bad for you Mick. My utmost respect to you for your open, honest appraisal of your situation. Our thoughts & best wishes go out to you & your family at this, your most difficult time.

Go well as best you can for as long as you can my friend.

Dave & Marion.

cashman 06-01-2017 14:36

Mick yer a star, am gutted to hear this news,Agree 100% with DinG, who articulates much better than me. You will be missed big time on accyweb, love from Ange n Me.

JCB 06-01-2017 15:22

Thanks for all you have done to make Accy Web possible .

With my best wishes .

steve2qec 06-01-2017 15:25

Really sorry to hear that.
And thanks for all your time and effort in your AccyWeb admin role.

Steve

Rowlf 06-01-2017 15:49

I am so sorry to hear your news Mick. Be assured we are all thinking about you and your family at this difficult time. May you find comfort from one another.

Gordon Booth 06-01-2017 16:22

That's very sad news, Mick.
My thoughts are with you and your family.

Bob Dobson 06-01-2017 16:23

On behalf of those on here who live away and have been made welcome whilst enjoying the site Mick - thank you for the contribution you have made to our lives.

Barrie Yates 06-01-2017 16:47

Very sad news Mick, thank you for your help and advice, you are one of the best.

Accyexplorer 06-01-2017 17:29

Sorry to hear this Mick,gutted,your leaving a big hole in this forum.
My thoughts are with you and your family pal.

Michael1954 06-01-2017 17:47

Thanks for all you have done for Accrington Web.

Margaret Pilkington 06-01-2017 17:56

I echo your thanks Michael.
When I think of Accyweb I think of Mick.
A Mick shaped hole is going to be very hard to fill.
Neil is going to find it is a hard act to follow.

walker 06-01-2017 18:01

Such sad news, may I also add my thanks for all you have done for Accrington web.

Less 06-01-2017 18:55

Well, my mate, sorry to hear the news, I hope you can keep that smile while facing whats coming your way, (of course you will).

Just to remind folk, you could always organise a bloody good party, the memories of them are in the Gallery and my heart.

Message - Accrington Photo Gallery

I didn't believe in Father Christmas until I met you.

Margaret Pilkington 06-01-2017 19:00

Less, that is a fantastic picture, and it is Mick all over.
I never managed to make it to any of the great get togethers that you had at the Stag and was always a bit envious when I saw the pictures.
Thank you for posting that.

Less 06-01-2017 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1184590)
Less, that is a fantastic picture, and it is Mick all over.
I never managed to make it to any of the great get togethers that you had at the Stag and was always a bit envious when I saw the pictures.
Thank you for posting that.

In case folk are getting confused, Mick is the one sitting down, the one showing the legs is Mez.
:)

Gremlin 06-01-2017 19:19

I'm so sorry to hear about Mick. It must be thirty years ago since I met him when he was helping out some dodgy geezer on the market. We met now and again but I can't say I knew a lot about him. I just hope he doesn't suffer.
I can't think of much else to say really... Chin up mate.

Wynonie Harris 06-01-2017 20:02

So sorry to hear that. Mick. I also missed out on the do's and only met you once for a few pints in the Railway. Anyway, thanks for all your work as a moderator. Hope you're as comfortable as possible. Cheers Steve

gpick24 06-01-2017 21:02

I can only echo the previous comments, I'm sure Neil will do his best but there will be no replacing Mick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dotti34 06-01-2017 22:06

Dear Mick

What can I say, this is so sad and words are inadequate. You have given so much to Accrington Web, keeping members in line with tact and sensitivity and you have made it the great site it is. Thank you for your friendship.

I hope you can draw some comfort from knowing how very much you are going to be missed by us all.

My thoughts are with you and with your family.

maxthecollie 06-01-2017 22:19

Very sorry to hear your bad news Mick. I know I have never met you but being on Accyweb is like being with friends. You will be missed by us all on here

Mog 07-01-2017 03:53

So sorry to hear this sad news Mick. I never got to meet you, even when I came back to see some old friend in the Railway but I reckon you did a fantastc job with Accywebb. You will be missed my computor friend.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

ossy kid 07-01-2017 06:04

So sorry to hear your rotten news Mick, you WILL be missed by all your friends on here. Keep smiling, knowing that everyone is with you. Thanks for all your help, Bryan.
God bless you and your family.

Bob Dobson 07-01-2017 08:43

I have long believed that Accyweb is the best, ie most successful, town website in the county - perhaps even the country. How many others have gone under, never having achieved the usage rate we have.? - Blackburn & Burnley for starters

AccyMad 07-01-2017 09:29

Sad news & must've took a lot of guts to post on here what you & your family are going through. Only met you once when you delivered a prize my then 16 yr old son won in a photography competition but I know the hard work you've put into making this site a success, take care

Greeny 07-01-2017 10:13

as far as I am aware we have never met. Judging by this forum you are a very popular man. All I can say is enjoy what time you have left and a BIG thank you for all you have done.

Aussie Irene 07-01-2017 11:01

I echo the same sentiments.

bernie94 07-01-2017 11:03

Such sad news Mick, thoughts are with you and your family,you will be sadly missed.

Romps 07-01-2017 14:36

Much love and prayers for you Mick xx

Neil 07-01-2017 14:46

My thoughts are with you and all your family Mick.

garinda 07-01-2017 15:05

Thank you for everything you've done, on here, and for me personally.
You and all the family are in my thoughts.
You're a gentleman.
Can't say anymore.
G x

MargaretR 07-01-2017 17:48

Very sad news - I hope that knowing you will be fondly remembered gives you some comfort.

Shurm 07-01-2017 17:54

So sorry to hear your news take good care of yourself and thanks for all your admin work.

emamum 07-01-2017 21:24

Just logged in for the first time in forever because I heard this news.

Really really sorry to hear this mick, I'm thinking of you and your family 💕💕

Guinness 07-01-2017 22:10

There are so many forums out there where the main moderator is a complete and utter '****' (cue infarcation for using asterisks :p)

This has been one of the few forums that I have found where poetic licence, free speech, hot headed outbursts and absolute crud has been sensibly moderated by someone who has simply dealt with issues without lowering himself into public spats, flaunting ego or misusing power.

Thanks for allowing me to be a '****' (cue 2nd infarction) and not knowing your beliefs..good journey

davemac 07-01-2017 22:41

Mick so sorry to hear the news, your courage is a lesson to us all.

Restless 08-01-2017 00:20

DiG said it best. I feel I could only cheapen them by trying

Very sad news.

boxermum 08-01-2017 00:38

Although I have never met you Mick,I have to echo all previous comments.You are without doubt the most courageous, thoughtful and magnanimous person to move me to tears.God be with you,on this final journey.Thoughts to your (no doubt proud) family.x

shillelagh 08-01-2017 00:42

I'm so sorry Mick .. this is from me and the spugster xx you are one on your own xx and even tho you never stopped winding me up about absinthe ... you still wanted your Scottish haggis ...

KiTChener 08-01-2017 07:18

Never met you, Mick but I do recognise that you are one of the mainstays of this wonderful forum. Although not religious myself, I will say a silent prayer that your remaining days/weeks pass as painlessly as possible, and you can hopefully enjoy what time you have left with your family.
Gerard

Retlaw 08-01-2017 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mick (Post 1184544)
Right sorry posting this from hospital bed I am stepping down as admin of Accyweb owing to health reasons any problems please ask Neil who is the new admin
From what they have told me I won't be around much longer
I have been talking with the end of life team
So there it is i have enjoyed my time on here and all the Accyweb party's we had in the stag
Have made some great friends
But now I must leave you enjoy Accyweb make it a site to remember
Good night all
Mick (site admin)

Mick. I posted a tribute to you and your great work as admin on Accy Web, on Hyndburn chat, you have a lot of friends on there, over 130 hearts and sorrows have been attached to the post, and several of those friends who know you personally have posted tributes to you. I'm just sorry this has to happen to you,
Best Regards
Walter the one you can't Alter

odders 08-01-2017 15:30

So saddened to here, thoughts with you and your family. Thanks for the great work and time you committed to the forum.

Boeing Guy 09-01-2017 15:31

Words fail me Mick.
Hope your time left is comfortable.
Thinking of you and your family.

Neil 09-01-2017 21:44

I visited Mick this afternoon at Blackburn Royal, I've seen him looking worse on a Saturday afternoon in the Railway so hopefully he'll be allowed home soon.

If anyone wants to go and see him I'm sure he'll be happy to see you.

Margaret Pilkington 10-01-2017 09:31

Neil, it is good to know that he is probably going to get home soon.

It is the best place to be. There is nothing like the comfort of your own surroundings.
You can do what you want, when you want...and you can be close to those who mean the most to you.

shillelagh 13-01-2017 16:39

hes well enough to be complaining about the food ... :p went to see him today ... :p

Margaret Pilkington 13-01-2017 17:22

He needs to be home then he can have what he fancies to eat and drink.
To be truthful, the food at RBH is dire. It is enough to make you I'll!

Neil 13-01-2017 18:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1185236)
He needs to be home then he can have what he fancies to eat and drink.
To be truthful, the food at RBH is dire. It is enough to make you I'll!

Might be more truth to that than you know :rolleyes:

Margaret Pilkington 13-01-2017 18:28

Oh I know that is the truth.
Ma was in there not that long ago and the food was rank. I was taking grub for her everyday and stuff for the other ladies that were in her bay too.

How on earth you are expected to get well on the food they provide is beyond me.

When I was training it was always stressed to us that good (and appropriate) nourishing food was as important as medicine.

Retlaw 13-01-2017 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1185245)
Oh I know that is the truth.
Ma was in there not that long ago and the food was rank. I was taking grub for her everyday and stuff for the other ladies that were in her bay too.

How on earth you are expected to get well on the food they provide is beyond me.

When I was training it was always stressed to us that good (and appropriate) nourishing food was as important as medicine.

Our Ali was int next bed to you mum one time.
I've ony been in there once, never again, they have'nt a clue about vegetarians, all my meals were brought in from home, mostly sarnies,
any thing delivered by their staff were put where you couldn't reach it, no body axed if you were ok, pace-eggers wizzing about wi arms full o paper work an proper nurse's int blue uniforms like Sister Margaret, were as scarce as bobbies on streets of Accrington.
Killed my best mate with wrong treatment, an infected wife's friend wi sumat she never went in with, now a bed ridden invalid, a'l stick me wet finger int wall socket first, my time on planet earth is nearly up any way, ad sooner dee at whom, than i thad Charnel house.

Margaret Pilkington 13-01-2017 20:46

Yes that was when Ma had her stroke...she has been in with heart attack and heart failure since then and it hadn't got any better.

Gordon Booth 05-02-2017 16:34

Has anyone any info on how Mick is?
Did he get to go home? I hope so.

Margaret Pilkington 05-02-2017 16:47

Glad you asked that question Gordon, I have been thinking of him and wondering the same thing.

Neil 05-02-2017 17:12

He's been home for almost a couple of weeks now. They are looking for a ground floor flat to move into to make things easier as Mick needs to use oxygen often so their current home isn't easy for them.

I was hoping he would have been back online by now telling us how bad hospital food is.

Margaret Pilkington 05-02-2017 17:18

Thanks for that info Neil. Good to hear he is home. I am sure it will be difficult for him in his current home.
I hope they get his housing issues sorted very soon. It will be a weight off his mind when they do.

Less 05-02-2017 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 1186923)
He's been home for almost a couple of weeks now. They are looking for a ground floor flat to move into to make things easier as Mick needs to use oxygen often so their current home isn't easy for them.

I was hoping he would have been back online by now telling us how bad hospital food is.

I understand what you mean, it would be great to have him posting, no doubt he will get in touch when ready.

DaveinGermany 05-02-2017 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1186932)
I understand what you mean, it would be great to have him posting, no doubt he will get in touch when ready.

More than happy to go along with that sentiment.

Margaret Pilkington 05-02-2017 17:53

Me too.
He needs to concentrate on his health.

Neil 05-02-2017 18:10

I've just messaged Anne telling her Mick's being asked about, she says to tell you all he's ok in himself and a pain in the backside so sounds like his usual self :D

Margaret Pilkington 05-02-2017 18:24

Sounds about right Neil.
I bet he is not a patient patient. Anne has my sympathy:)

shillelagh 14-02-2017 22:48

I saw Anne on Saturday in accy .. and she was saying hes complaining hes had no visitors ... I did say id go and visit him .. when I get better as id started sneezing again last week .. sunday I starred and had an ambulance outside .. when I do eventually get over all of this .. i'll go and see him ... and bug him ... just because ..:D

dotti34 15-02-2017 06:42

When I read Shillelagh’s posting I was surprised (and have to say a bit disappointed) that Mick isn’t being inundated with visitors. I wonder if it’s because people who would really like to visit and spend some time with him haven’t done so because they have been worried that Mick might be feeling too tired and weary to bother with a visit and that they would be intruding. Or maybe they feel they just wouldn’t know what to talk about under the circumstances.

Apparently he does want visitors, and although he must be feeling very low (and who wouldn’t in the same situation) it sounds like it would do him a world of good to have a few people call in to see him. As for what to talk about, he probably just wants to know what’s going on around the place and maybe do a bit of reminiscing.

By the way, I would be more than happy to give him an afternoon of my ‘scintillating’ conversation (that’s a joke, Joyce) but 12,000 miles is a bit too far to travel. Sorry, Mick. Anyway, I do hope Mick gets lots of people calling in to see him now that they know he would like that.

Margaret Pilkington 15-02-2017 07:03

Dotti, I think you have hit the nail on the head there.
My father had lung cancer and it was a huge effort for him to breathe let alone talk...and yes, there is the sensitive issue of what to talk about when you know that someone has a life shortening condition.
Not everyone can deal with these issues sensitively. In short we are afraid we will end up with a foot in the mouth.
Then there are those members who have their own plates full of stuff to deal with.(I am pretty sure Mick would not want us to go and talk about our own difficulties...and he would ask about our families because he is that sort of guy. Comparing hospital experiences and the relative merits of consultants, swapping medical histories isn't a cheering event)
It isn't that we don't care, it isn't necessarily that we haven't time. You cannot pour from an empty cup.

Margaret Pilkington 15-02-2017 12:44

I have offered to go round and give Mick a Blanket bath...while my brillo pad is new and rust free.
It isn't good to wait until the brillo gets old, out of shape and a bit rusty(sounds a lot like me).
I am sure this would be a once in a lifetime experience.....I might just ask Jen if she would like to assist by rubbing him dry after I have done the wet stuff!

Neil 15-02-2017 13:46

Please don't post any photographs of it

Margaret Pilkington 15-02-2017 14:24

Why Not Neil?

Don't you think it would be family viewing? I would pixelate the important little places :D

I can't imagine Mick allowing me anywhere near him with a camera....well, not in a stae of undress anyway.

shillelagh 15-02-2017 14:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1187598)
I have offered to go round and give Mick a Blanket bath...while my brillo pad is new and rust free.
It isn't good to wait until the brillo gets old, out of shape and a bit rusty(sounds a lot like me).
I am sure this would be a once in a lifetime experience.....I might just ask Jen if she would like to assist by rubbing him dry after I have done the wet stuff!

please let me recover first!!!! :D everyone has had colds and flu .. and cant go round till they've got rid of that that's why no one has been round ...:(

Rowlf 15-02-2017 14:37

Can't make my mind up who would have the most fun you or Mick.

cashman 15-02-2017 14:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1187607)
Why Not Neil?

Don't you think it would be family viewing? I would pixelate the important little places :D

I can't imagine Mick allowing me anywhere near him with a camera....well, not in a stae of undress anyway.

So why would yeh get undressed to photograph Mick?:D

Margaret Pilkington 15-02-2017 16:36

No Cashy...I would not be undressed....it would be be Mick who would be be undressed so that he could benefit from my new Brillo pad and lots of hot soapy water.

Margaret Pilkington 15-02-2017 16:59

Anyway, Mick seeing me in a state of undress is enough to put him right back in the hospital.

DaveinGermany 19-02-2017 22:08

Bobbed into Accy with the Witchy one this evening on our way home from Yorkingshire land, spent a bit of time cadging a brew & chatting with Mick & Anne about this & that. All things considered, the pair of them are cracking on with their lives as best as conditions permit so lots of respect to a lovely couple.