Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Graham Jones increases his majority again (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/graham-jones-increases-his-majority-again-69206.html)

JCB 09-06-2017 06:44

Graham Jones increases his majority again

For the second General Election in a row Graham Jones has increased his majority .

No doubt some on Accy Web will be dismayed , having intimated that the voters of Hyndburn would wipe him off the political landscape .

The half a dozen or so of the political pundits who frequent this forum have shown how out of touch they are with the voters of Hyndburn .

Still they will no doubt keep the "95%" mantra going , even though , as they do so , it will be untrue .

It's also sad that some of the anti-Graham Jones comments on this forum stem from a personal animosity towards him .

Congratulations Graham Jones .

Margaret Pilkington 09-06-2017 07:04

Re: Graham Jones increases his majority again

I don't think anyone intimated that Graham Jones would be wiped off the political scene.
It may have been hoped that that would happen, but it hasn't.
We have to live with that.
I am one of those you refer to. I have no personal animosity towards the man. I just think he has not lived up to the hopes that he woul do more for the borough and think less about climbing the political ladder.

Your post has a gloating feel to it. I really did not have you down as the sort of person would would gloat over something which is so important right now.

Margaret Pilkington 09-06-2017 07:05

Oh, sorry I missed out my congratulations to Graham Jones.

JCB 09-06-2017 09:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1195655)
I am one of those you refer to. I have no personal animosity towards the man.

Wrong again .

You are not one of those I refer to .

My opinion is based on face to face conversations I have had .

accyman 09-06-2017 09:21

not one person said he would be wiped out it is pretty much accepted that for no other reason than standing for labour someone can win around here no matter who they are

if you are going to gloat at least be accurate

yes i hoped he would loose but i also said you could elect a dog turd around here as long as it stood for labour

luckily he has a lot of votes because if he had slipped jeremy corbyn would be looking to get rid of him but even jeremy corbyn knows that no matter how much someone says they dont like you if they are keeping that seat you put up with them until they no longer keep that seat safe

Boeing Guy 09-06-2017 09:26

Me too, I did not want Mr Jones as our MP.
I feel that he is not a patch on Greg Pope, who I always felt was an honourable man.
Sadly the choice by the Conservative party was bewildering, they could have picked better. Still in our constituency you could put a Brick up for the Labour Candidate and it would win, of course it would have to be Nori!
So no I will not congratulate him

accyman 09-06-2017 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post 1195672)
Wrong again .

then maybe direct those people to this post or revisit them and gloat at them face to face under the same circumstances the conversations started in ?

Margaret Pilkington 09-06-2017 09:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCB (Post 1195672)
Wrong again .

I think you are being a little...shall we say 'disingenuous'here.
The post was about members of Accyweb...you called them pundits...and observed how out of touch they were.
You never mentioned or alluded to any face to face conversations...so sorry I don't buy your response.

I prefer to think of myself as someone who can rationally analyse the puff and bluster served up at the time these people want my cross in their box...but for the rest of the time I am very low on their list of priorities.

Today I feel genuinely sad for the fate of this country.
I had hoped for better, but never mind. Being at the butt end of my life has to have some advantages.

As for being wrong. I know that place very well. You must have heard it said 'a woman's place is in the wrong'
I think I would not know what country I was in if I was right.

Margaret Pilkington 09-06-2017 09:55

Boeing Guy, it is honourable to congratulate someone who wins at anything...even when you feel that they did not deserve it.
It is 'bad form' to gloat when you win.
I think your post is spot on by the way.

JCB 09-06-2017 13:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1195676)
I think you are being a little...shall we say 'disingenuous'here.
The post was about members of Accyweb...you called them pundits...and observed how out of touch they were.
You never mentioned or alluded to any face to face conversations...so sorry I don't buy your response.

I prefer to think of myself as someone who can rationally analyse the puff and bluster served up at the time these people want my cross in their box...but for the rest of the time I am very low on their list of priorities.

Today I feel genuinely sad for the fate of this country.
I had hoped for better, but never mind. Being at the butt end of my life has to have some advantages.

As for being wrong. I know that place very well. You must have heard it said 'a woman's place is in the wrong'
I think I would not know what country I was in if I was right.

You can doubt my sincerity as much as you wish .

I know that what I posted is true .

Goodbye .

I won't disturb the cosy , tiny cabal any longer .

Margaret Pilkington 09-06-2017 14:54

I do doubt your sincerity, because there is nothing in your post which indicates that you were referring to anyone other than the people who come on here.

The fact that you have responded in the manner of the above post confirms this.

If it truly is 'goodbye' then I will be sorry for you to go, but that is your choice.
( it is what is called 'taking your ball and going home')

I have enjoyed reading your posts, even when your views do not agree with mine.
That is what makes a forum interesting.

You have never disturbed me in any way...and Accyweb has never been a cabal.
That you see it as such,says more about you than it does about me or any other member.

cashman 09-06-2017 14:59

You say cabal is true, i say your a liar.

Margaret Pilkington 09-06-2017 15:10

Cashy he was telling us we are all part of a tiny clique(click)... this has been bandied about for as long as I have been here...the 'tiny and cosy' was (I feel) meant to insult.
I do not feel insulted because I know what I said was true.
Leaving in a state of high dudgeon just confirms it.

cashman 09-06-2017 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1195696)
Cashy he was telling us we are all part of a tiny clique(click)... this has been bandied about for as long as I have been here...the 'tiny and cosy' was (I feel) meant to insult.
I do not feel insulted because I know what I said was true.
Leaving in a state of high dudgeon just confirms it.

I know exactly what he was saying Margaret, so if he says thats true, i know for fact hes telling lies.

Margaret Pilkington 09-06-2017 16:53

Cashy, you are a blooming gem. I like your reasoning.

Jim Procter 10-06-2017 10:36

I am not gloating although as you know I voted labour. I think Teresa May got her comeuppance.She called the election when she had no need to. She claimed she needed a stronger mandate for the Brexit talks.This was utter rubbish , she saw the opinion polls showing the Tories with a 20 point lead and acted not in the countries interest but in blatant party political advantage. The British electorate saw though this ploy and the rest is history. She got exactly what she deserved

Margaret Pilkington 10-06-2017 11:00

It is all academic now.
All the post mortem-ing does nothing constructive to ensure focus and dare I say it? Stability.
Whether she needed to call an election is something debatable.
Personally I think she did. I think she was almost goaded into it by the media who were persistent in telling her that she had no mandate, that she was not fulfilling the party manifesto(though when was that ever something that politicians cared about?)
I also think that those remoaners who wanted to stay in the EU thought it would be a good way to pay her back.

I am sure that those in Brussels are rubbing their hands in glee right now because they can see the squabbles going on in the government...and the fact that the government no longer have a majority...even a slim one.

It is not a good time for the UK and I really despair for the future.
And your last sentence is not gloating?
Jim your post was very good up until that point.

hilleluk 10-06-2017 11:09

Teresa May was right to call this election...Corbyn wanted a vote in parliament on the final deal...NO..NO..No...Fallon said he would disrupt Brexit at any opportunity...NO NO NO..Scots Nats (the party that lost 13 seats to the Conservatives,) Said it would disrupt proceedings at any opportunity...NO..NO..NO.
Teresa May should come out fighting, head up not down, she is the only leader I have faith in to come back with a good result for the UK.

Margaret Pilkington 10-06-2017 11:12

Separated at birth Bea.:)

hilleluk 10-06-2017 11:15

Reads like it..HaHa

Margaret Pilkington 10-06-2017 11:18

All I really really want is to be out of the EU.
Right out..Not one foot in and one foot out. This is not the Hokey Cokey.
My vote was cast with this view and only this view in mind.
There is no one in the Palace of Westminster better able to deliver this.
The young folk who signed up to vote at the last minute did so because The Labour Party promised to abolish University fees and to wipe out the debt for graduates...so they voted for their own short term goals.
They did not look at how this would be funded.
Anyway, what is done cannot be undone.
We now need to roll up our sleeves and get down to the 'britches ar$e steam' work.

Margaret Pilkington 10-06-2017 11:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by hilleluk (Post 1195715)
Reads like it..HaHa

Yes...or sucks ya boo.

Anyway, I'm going back to cutting a gluing.

cashman 10-06-2017 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Procter (Post 1195710)
I am not gloating although as you know I voted labour. I think Teresa May got her comeuppance.She called the election when she had no need to. She claimed she needed a stronger mandate for the Brexit talks.This was utter rubbish , she saw the opinion polls showing the Tories with a 20 point lead and acted not in the countries interest but in blatant party political advantage. The British electorate saw though this ploy and the rest is history. She got exactly what she deserved

Well i'm near sure the electorate were brilliantly conned by a Man J.C. who came out with a great looking manifesto, knowing full well he was not going to be elected, it conned many people in particular the young he got to register and vote austerity is far from pleasant, but WHO left the country skint to merit it? all the important stuff in his policies do need attention, but until we come out of the sodding E.U. would yeh mind telling us were the money is coming from, cos i sure as hell dont know.

Margaret Pilkington 10-06-2017 12:05

As always Cashy, it will come from the good old tax payer.
That man in the street with bottomless pockets.

and while we are on the subject what was all that about...those factions that vowed to create civil unrest and the likes if Labour was not elected.
Can someone tell me how this is democracy?

All those so called celebs and stars like Lilly Allen and Gary Lineker...pontificating, these hypocrites keep their money in offshore accounts just so they do not get stung for tax....and they are not going to be waiting to see a GP or for a hospital appointment...they go private....the education of their children will not be hampered by those who do not speak english,,,the immigrants who JC would welcome with open arm(only because it will eventually increase his voting base)...they can send theri offspring to private schools so they are not in a position to preach to me.

Jim must be applauded for giving his vote to the party led by the terrorists friend
Anyway, life in the UK just got a lot more uncertain.

hilleluk 10-06-2017 12:06

Most of the electorate who voted Labour had Sunglasses on and earphones in.

I voted Conservative for Teresa May to be our Prime Minister, to take through the EU negotiations quickly and efficiently. The Conservative Party has history of removing a party leader that they perceive as failed...I do not believe Teresa May has. The manifesto was poorly thought out, and poorly delivered. The Conservative MP's carping about the result should shut up. replacing her would be political SUICIDE.

cashman 10-06-2017 12:18

To me Teresa May is the best of a real bad lot, and the only one likely to get the best deal possible from the E.U.

Margaret Pilkington 10-06-2017 12:27

Over the years I have lost faith in politicians...of all shades.
They tell you what they think you want to hear.
They think that most of the electorate have nothing but wax keeping their ears apart(I am beginning to think they are right on that one).
I really wasn't sure about Thersa May, but she seemed to have what most politicians lack...integrity....and she seemed to listen to the concern of the people....she did not have the paternalistic attitude of 'we know best, sit down, be quiet and we will do what is best'.
Best for who?....with politicians it has always seemed what is best for them...what will make their lives more comfortable...give them a seat on the gravy train.
Theresa May did not seem like one of those...I felt perhaps there was going to be a sea change especially when she showed her mettle and took the dissenters apart with her 'Brexit means Brexit'

Now the situation is one where I feel we will be mired in the mud of the EU.....that we have no-one who has the small round things to stand up to those in Europe who would have us as toast for breakfast...so I am disappointed.

accyman 11-06-2017 16:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1195726)
O
They tell you what they think you want to hear.
They think that most of the electorate have nothing but wax keeping their ears apart.

if ever there was any doubt it was removed by how successful corbyn was in conning the younger generation

his biggest con was convincing NHS staff he had their backs when it was his party that accelerated the privatization of the NHS and has it in the trouble it is in today paying back extortionate rates on loans to build ineffective and shoddy hospitals like blackburn royal

it is a national disgrace that a hospital have its baby ward shut down because it cant be kept clean enough because private contractors were thinning down bleech for starters and cutting corners.

accyman 11-06-2017 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1195725)
To me Teresa May is the best of a real bad lot, and the only one likely to get the best deal possible from the E.U.

if labour had a different leadership and for once backed what teh british public voted for i woudl return to them

theres nothing corbyn could promise to make me vote for him he is an outright liar and seen as a traitor by many which is a sentiment i share

cashman 11-06-2017 17:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by accyman (Post 1195774)
if labour had a different leadership and for once backed what teh british public voted for i woudl return to them

theres nothing corbyn could promise to make me vote for him he is an outright liar and seen as a traitor by many which is a sentiment i share

End of the day Corbyn was voted in twice, by increased majority by labour members, i dont like it, but accepted it, cos its democracy, our own M.P. refused point blank to accept that democratic vote, good or bad he certainly should have done imho. that signaled to me to abandon labour which i did, if our MPs cannot accept the will of the members, can someone explain to me whats the point? Corbyn whilst increasing the Labour vote this time has done things by total deception in my view. and the hard faced get is now saying he wants to form a losers government, well if some people can be that stupid, i'm well out of it.:(

Margaret Pilkington 11-06-2017 19:17

except Cashy you are not out of it and neither are any of us.
Jeremy Corbyn in his manifesto promised he would borrow 30 billion to fund some of his lala land plans...he has promised to tax the rich...but he has not promised to close the tax avoidance loopholes so the likes of Gary lineker , lily Allen and those z listers that spoke up for him( those are the people that the young folk listen to) will already have their money off shore...and the businesses which we rely on to keep us solvent will move...and they only need to relocate to Eire....and they will take jobs with them when they go.

We will NEVER get out of the EU, so despite a democratic vote to leave we will still be tied into Brussels in some way or another...paying in to their coffers...still taking migrants, but having no say in what goes on.....so NO Cashy you are in the deep doo-doo like the rest of this country.

as for the tory party, well they cannot afford to let Theresa May resign right now....but those curs are ready to pounce and all they want is to advance their own careers...much like our illustrious member.
They care nothing for the good of the country....and I do not think you can level that criticism against Theresa May.
I think she would have gone over the channel and took no Schizzle from those who want to see us in dire straits....they got their wish.
je suis desolee

cashman 11-06-2017 19:41

Oh but i am outa it Margaret, i'm referring to the political crap nowt else.

Margaret Pilkington 11-06-2017 20:22

Yes, I got your drift, but the political crap affects every daily activity of our lives.
So whether you fall out with politics, or not, you cannot escape the effects.

I have never aligned myself to any political ideology because I don't tie myself into one party.
Everyone changes, they change their ideas, their ideals and they are affected by the things life throws at them...as you know.
I need to be able to see what a party has in their manifesto for me, but also what is good for the country in general.
I realise and understand that we can only have what we can pay for. Those who think otherwise are deluded.
There is no such thing as a free lunch.

accyman 12-06-2017 01:33

graham jones may be able to shed more light on this as he is a MP but george galloway made it very clear that corbyn held his position as leader by eliminating and expelling members of the labour party that wernt likely to vote for him and flooded it with friendly faces

mind you graham does owe a lot to corbyn its partly thanks to corbyns absolute blatant lies he got an increased majority which must be a bit awkward celebrating in the press when publicly condemning corbyn makeing it very clear he dosnt think he is fit to lead the labour party.So disgusted was graham jones by corbyn been leader he stepped down from his position in the whips office

me and graham agree on one thing when it comes to corbyn the difference is corbyn cant sack me for disagreeing with him

the only thing that has changed about corbyn is the depths of depravity he will sink to in order to obtain a vote

whjat i want to know is if graham jones felt the wrath of corbyn and was cut from the labour party selection and stood for election on his own would the people of hyndburn back graham or corbyn

st06nc2 18-06-2017 23:26

The 4 extra bank holidays labour said they would bring in would reduce the number of working days in the NHS, it will also cut the hours that GP surgerys are open.There will also, under Corbyn's proposals, be less doctors in hospital, equivalent to a loss of several thousand Whole Time Equivalent doctors, this would also lead to fewer elective surgery slots leading to longer waiting lists, delays in cancer diagnosis and treatment,
For a health service that needs an estimated £10 billion spent on it, there would also be productivity losses of several billion pounds thanks to the staff shortages caused as well as cuts to final salary pensions as salaries would either be cut or contributions rise to protect pensions