Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Lost Budgie (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/lost-budgie-69674.html)

Greeny 20-11-2017 13:23

Lost Budgie

Not sure which thread to use but here goes.

Blue budgie lost today in the Hawksworth Road area of Accrington. Answers to the name of Pepi . If anyone has any information please will you ring Anne 383943

AccyMad 20-11-2017 13:52

Re: Lost Budgie

Oh no, hope he's found safe soon

hilleluk 20-11-2017 14:15

Second the last post...good luck

Margaret Pilkington 20-11-2017 14:33

Me too...it's too cold and wet for a little bird to be out on his own.

Greeny 20-11-2017 14:41

He is only young , very friendly , will go to anyone . His owner will miss him like crazy, she lost both her son and husband to cancer in the last twelve month , she got Pepi for the company and he certainly keeps her entertained . I just hope someone has found him and taken him in.

Rowlf 20-11-2017 14:44

Oh I do hope someone has taken him in. Like Margaret said it is far too cold and wet for a little budgie . Poor little mite.

Greeny 20-11-2017 15:04

we hope we got the message out far and wide ,I have put it on here , its also on facebook and I think Radio Lancs are airing it.

Less 21-11-2017 18:24

A lost Budgie?

Think I'd better leave this thread before I mention the real woes that affect the world.

Margaret Pilkington 21-11-2017 20:15

Yes, there are plenty of woes in the world, but to the person who has lost so much...and has been comforted by a little feathered friend, this woe is as real as any other.

Many of the woes of the world are created by selfish humans...pets are not selfish, they love you regardless.

Shurm 22-11-2017 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1204860)
A lost Budgie?

Think I'd better leave this thread before I mention the real woes that affect the world.

Someones already said she's lost her husband and son quite recently do you really need to be so insensitive or even pass a comment like that in the first place ?

AccyMad 22-11-2017 09:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1204860)
A lost Budgie?

Tactful & sensitive as usual

Margaret Pilkington 22-11-2017 13:48

It is because he put too much vinegar on his chips:)

Less 24-11-2017 19:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by AccyMad (Post 1204892)
Tactful & sensitive as usual

I was neither being tactful nor was I being sensitive, nor was it as usual.
If and I really wish if, all we had to worry about was a lost budgie, life would be wonderful, as it is the real woes in life are ignored by the people that feel I'm being insensitive.
Yes, the loss of a budgie can be considered a tragedy, but I consider a bigger tragedy to be the human life that is lost and the abuse of humanity by the really uncaring people that are out there in the world.
Oh dear I spoke out of turn, tsk, tsk, I need to be taken to task by the 'I'm all right jacks' of this world.

Less 24-11-2017 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1204995)
If and I really wish if, all we had to worry about was a lost budgie, life would be wonderful, as it is the real woes in life are ignored by the people that feel I'm being insensitive.
Yes, the loss of a budgie can be considered a tragedy, but I consider a bigger tragedy to be the human life that is lost and the abuse of humanity by the really uncaring people that are out there in the world.
Oh dear I spoke out of turn, tsk, tsk, I need to be taken to task by the 'I'm all right jacks' of this world.

Anyone got some spare sack cloth & ashes? I can see me being a second Hitler I maybe need to repent?

Margaret Pilkington 25-11-2017 09:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 1204995)

oh Less, the 'victim' mode you seem to have adopted does not suit you at all.
Take it off.
It has been said that in the great scheme of things this is not a tragedy, no one was suggesting that it was.
But when we stop caring(or even seem to stop caring) about what is happening to someone in our community, then life becomes poorer.

In life, if everyone were just a little bit kinder to their neighbour, then while it is only a very small step, it is a step in the right direction...maybe then we could start on the bigger things.