Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   Prince Philip (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/prince-philip-71568.html)

dotti34 09-04-2021 11:26

Prince Philip

Have just heard the sad news. Rest in Peace, Prince Philip.

Margaret Pilkington 09-04-2021 11:38

Re: Prince Philip

Rest in Peace Prince Philip.

DaveinGermany 09-04-2021 21:32

The passing of owd "Phil the Greek" will most definitely have an outcome on the royals, a proper card he was, not afraid to ruffle feathers GRHS.

DaveinGermany 09-04-2021 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1252472)
The passing of owd "Phil the Greek" will most definitely have an outcome on the royals, a proper card he was, not afraid to ruffle feathers GRHS.

Just to highlight the point, read, enjoy & remember. :)

https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/09/the-b...ed-99-7743496/

Ryewolf90 10-04-2021 03:46

There's a lot of people on Twitter calling him a Nazi, mostly Snowflake Social Justice Warriors, who wouldn't know a Nazi if they came goosestepping up to them wearing SS Deathsheads and marched them off to a concentration/extermination camp, whilst they protested "I want to speak to your manager."

cashman 10-04-2021 08:43

social media is full of half wits and idiots its no surprise ryewof R.I.P. Prince Philip

landhusweg 10-04-2021 08:55

R.I.P. Prince Philip

monkey hanger 10-04-2021 09:15

not being a royalist and never have been. anyone who attempts to make something out of any ones death needs to hang their head in shame. as a republican its not the worst day of my life but philip was someones husband, father, grandfather etc etc and should be given respect. the snowflake lefties can again do one and get out of my life. i do not want to either hear or see these pondlife who take something from another human that dies. get a wash, get a life and get out of mine.

cashman 10-04-2021 11:43

i also have never been a royalist but for me nothing but SCUM will post negative about someone dying.

Jimmy Clitheroe 10-04-2021 14:35

Never been much of a royalist but you show some respect to grieving families whoever they may be.
The one thing that does irk is when you see the likes of Sturgeon heaping praise on a man that you know she probably desperately despised. A simple sorry to hear of his death would suffice but with 52% of Scots being pro-Royal she has to role out a string of hollow platitudes to help bolster her political aspirations.

DaveinGermany 10-04-2021 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 1252495)
i also have never been a royalist but for me nothing but SCUM will post negative about someone dying.

Can't quite agree with that Cashy mate, there are some really bad people out there & I for one would quite happily smile & say glad it happened, especially those deserving of it, but I understand your point though.

cashman 10-04-2021 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1252547)
Can't quite agree with that Cashy mate, there are some really bad people out there & I for one would quite happily smile & say glad it happened, especially those deserving of it, but I understand your point though.

oh i would dave but i would not post anything on social media. end of day there is family of those people who are innocent of it.

monkey hanger 12-04-2021 10:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveinGermany (Post 1252547)

problem is that these scum will be forgotton about when they die so people will never get their day to respond. they know this when they post or say something for their 5 minutes of infamy.

Margaret Pilkington 14-04-2021 11:02

The people criticising Prince Philip must have self esteem issues.
They must feel that the way of bigging themselves up, is to bad mouth a man who is not here to defend himself....very immature.
It is the adult version of school yard name calling.
Maybe there is an element of social jealousy or envy.
I was taught that you did not speak ill of the dead, because although they could no longer be hurt by barbs, their family could....I was taught that if I could not say something good, then silence was the best option.
The thing about silence is that it can never be held against you or misquoted.

monkey hanger 15-04-2021 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington (Post 1252678)
I was taught that you did not speak ill of the dead, because although they could no longer be hurt by barbs, their family could....I was taught that if I could not say something good, then silence was the best option.
The thing about silence is that it can never be held against you or misquoted.

silence is certainly the best option. far too many people once they die become saints which is equally as bad as some witch hunt against them. a report of someones death should just be that and nothing more especially where celebraties are concerned. one mans meat in another mans jimmy savile.