Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/)
-   -   What a stupid advert! (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f69/what-a-stupid-advert-8127.html)

Less 27-02-2005 10:36

What a stupid advert!

I imagine most of us have seen the advert from JML telling us what a wonder product their new windscreen wipers are.
What I can't understand is that it starts with some-one tearing down the road in what appear to be terrible weather conditions & what does the commentator say? "You can't see". Good god you stupid b*gger if you can't see then put your brakes on & slow down don't just carry on down the road thinking if I survive this I'll get some new windscreen wipers, IT WILL BE TOO LATE BY THEN!

:eek:

chav1 27-02-2005 12:01

Re: What a stupid advert!

maybe if i fit these wipers to my car they will improve road grip and stability and enable me to travel at 100mph plus in rainy conditions

i wonder if fitting them to my sons skateboard will stop him falling off

a real bargain it seems lol

Acrylic-bob 27-02-2005 12:36

Acrylic-Biff wants to know if they make them to fit terriers?

WillowTheWhisp 27-02-2005 14:15

I haven't seen the ad myself but from the description it does sound very stupid and irresponsible.

Hank 27-02-2005 15:57

If I fit them to my glasses maybe I can get back from the Miners without fallling over!

entwisi 27-02-2005 18:52

Best tip I can give you is RAIN X. Absolutely superb stuff. I've been using it for years and I can honestly say it is a big aid to safety.

Basically its a polish you put on your windscreen it causes water to form into droplets and run off the screen. The more water the faster it clears.

Ian

grego 27-02-2005 19:09

I use that too, its excellent stuff!

Less 28-02-2005 12:20

Hey look at this:-

27-02-2005 11:38 another anti-motorist poster, go out and play on your footpath

Whoever this person is that removed some of my karma (Oh, how it hurts I'm heartbroken), obviously doesn't know me, I am definately NOT an anti-motorist, I have often commented on some of the Stupid so called traffic calming etc that is forced upon us & do go on occasion off-roading with Roy & Wingy.

What I was trying to point out here was how stupid the advert was nothing else.

However if you wish to remove anymore of my karma then please feel free I do hope it makes you feel really grown up in your attitude as you wander mindlessly through your life.

:signthis::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38: :rofl38:

WillowTheWhisp 28-02-2005 12:22

Can't find that site from the link or URL Less. What is it?

Less 28-02-2005 12:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
Can't find that site from the link or URL Less. What is it?

Don't worry about it willow, I had just copied the comment some-one made while removing my karma, it would only have been a link to this thread which for some reason got lost.:D

WillowTheWhisp 28-02-2005 12:32

There seems to be a small spate of people misreading people's posts these days and then taking offence at what they think the person has written! :rolleyes:

It's not so bad if you are actually being judged on something which is your opinion as opposed to someone's inability to read and understand a simple post.

chav1 28-02-2005 12:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less
Don't worry about it willow, I had just copied the comment some-one made while removing my karma, it would only have been a link to this thread which for some reason got lost.:D

the funny thing is he or she is probably that bad a driver we would be safer walking on the roads so the advice to stick too footpaths isnt that good a piece of advice lol