Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nightlife, Events, Days out (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f70/)
-   -   The Hilton Art Gallery (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f70/the-hilton-art-gallery-37893.html)

dawn hilton 19-03-2008 21:07

The Hilton Art Gallery

http://www.thesexyartist.co.uk/

Hi Guys, I'm Dawn Hilton from The Hilton Gallery

Anyone that is intrested in art, please come to our preview/opening night on the 14 th of April 6.30pm till 9.30pm for a glass of wine and a buffet.

I am also on the look out for wine buffs to hold wine tasteing evenings at the Gallery on a regular basis.

If you are a self taught artist or an artist with a masters degree in art I would love to hear from you.

Please email your cv or bring it along on the opening and hand it in to one of the staff.

I will look forwards to meeting you.

Love Dawn.

flashy 19-03-2008 22:07

Re: The Hilton Art Gallery

erm excuse me for maybe sounding a little blonde BUT i cant seem to find an address for the art gallery anywhere, other than the bit where it says ACCRINGTON TOWN CENTER

maybe you might get more interest if you put the address on here hun :D

jaysay 20-03-2008 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashytart (Post 548689)
erm excuse me for maybe sounding a little blonde BUT i cant seem to find an address for the art gallery anywhere, other than the bit where it says ACCRINGTON TOWN CENTER

maybe you might get more interest if you put the address on here hun :D

Looking at the photos in the Intro section, it appears its on the corner of Abbey Street and Little Blackburn Road flashy opposite the Canine Club

lancsdave 20-03-2008 10:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 548806)
Looking at the photos in the Intro section, it appears its on the corner of Abbey Street and Little Blackburn Road flashy opposite the Canine Club

It's above what is now an expensive second hand shop/antique shop I think. You can see the pictures in the wiondow if you walk past.

flashy 20-03-2008 10:35

ahhhhhhh on the same side as argos, now i know

MargaretR 20-03-2008 10:38

This was in Ev Tel
Grieving Mum Opens Art Gallery (from Lancashire Telegraph)

Wynonie Harris 20-03-2008 11:39

Will there be any sausage rolls in the opening evening buffet? ;)

Seriously, it's nice to see something a little different like this in town and I really hope your venture succeeds, Dawn.

blazey 20-03-2008 11:53

I'll be coming down if people fancy meeting me for a chat there :)

I think it's a brilliant new thing for Accrington and it's nice to see someone else who used art to get through a terrible time.

BERNADETTE 20-03-2008 21:06

Hiya Dawn read your story in the Telegraph. Hope all goes well you deserve to be a success!!!!

katex 20-03-2008 21:27

Best of luck Dawn. x

cashman 20-03-2008 21:33

think its a great thing fer accy to have hope it takes off Big Time.:)

Gayle 20-03-2008 21:39

Can I just ask - looking at the prices, are you saying that it costs £100 a week to put pictures up in just one of the rooms then you have to pay £50 per day extra to have staff in there - if you don't pay for staff is the building unmanned?

lindsay ormerod 21-03-2008 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gayle (Post 549330)
Can I just ask - looking at the prices, are you saying that it costs £100 a week to put pictures up in just one of the rooms then you have to pay £50 per day extra to have staff in there - if you don't pay for staff is the building unmanned?

Sounds a tad expensive if that's the case, not many struggling artists gonna have that amount of wodge hanging around.

lindsay ormerod 21-03-2008 18:57

Plus flyers/cards at £300 is a bit steep.

garinda 21-03-2008 19:00

I've exhibited work before in London galleries, but was never charged. The gallery normally take a percentage of the work sold.

Saying that, I wish you all the very best, and it's great to see something like this in Hyndburn.:)