Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nightlife, Events, Days out (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f70/)
-   -   Christmas meet (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f70/christmas-meet-55357.html)

Mick 23-10-2010 07:18

Christmas meet

Right just wondering if we want a Christmas meet
the dates would be 4th 11th 18th December
putting this on now then i can make sure the venue has nothing else on on the date we pick.

jaysay 23-10-2010 08:32

Re: Christmas meet

As much as I'd love to mick I've no chance

Vicbfc 31-10-2010 01:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 854287)
As much as I'd love to mick I've no chance

Why not?

cashman 31-10-2010 07:36

fine wi me prefer the 2 earlier dates,:) but the later will do lol

Miaowzinzara 31-10-2010 20:11

working on all of those lol

Barrie Yates 31-10-2010 20:25

Don't know what is happening re Littlepom, but we will probably be back in France then. Be assured that if we are here we will attend whatever the date.

jaysay 01-11-2010 09:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicbfc (Post 857016)
Why not?

Think your new on here Vic, I'm virtually housebound

Mick 26-11-2010 06:03

Well if this is all thats going to turn up
i am not bothering this year

Barrie Yates 26-11-2010 07:20

That is a shame as we will be back in Accrington before the 18th.

Romps 20-12-2010 12:25

So did a Christmas meet take place? and if not are we having one??

Mick 21-12-2010 06:11

Nope
if you want one you sort it as far as i am concerned its not worth doing for the number
we used to have a big turn out for the Christmas meet at one we had 60 so not worth doing for 3 or 4

US Angel 25-12-2010 09:55

That is so sad I remember the partys from a couple of years ago love the photos
what happened?

Neil 25-12-2010 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by US Angel (Post 871207)
That is so sad I remember the partys from a couple of years ago love the photos
what happened?

No one wanted to go because Mick was always grumpy
:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

jaysay 25-12-2010 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 871210)
No one wanted to go because Mick was always grumpy
:rofl38::rofl38::rofl38::rofl38:

Ya but there were still six others Neil:D

MargaretR 25-12-2010 20:41

'what happened?' - It snowed

Neil 25-12-2010 22:42

What has snow got to do with it?

cashman 25-12-2010 23:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 871294)
What has snow got to do with it?

snow body was going.:D

Alan Varrechia 25-12-2010 23:27

Snow one cared. :D:D

MargaretR 26-12-2010 00:04

Icy why no-one wanted to go

steeljack 26-12-2010 04:13

I used to check the photos of the web meets to see if there was anyone I knew/recognized from days gone by , it used to be that lots of the pics had screen names attached , seems to me more than a few of the regular attendees at past meets are no longer contributors to Accy web....wonder why ? could it be that they are fed up with the constant sarcasm and infantile attacks on new members , would you want to socialize with people who think Accy web is their own personal playpen :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

cashman 29-12-2010 20:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 871311)
I used to check the photos of the web meets to see if there was anyone I knew/recognized from days gone by , it used to be that lots of the pics had screen names attached , seems to me more than a few of the regular attendees at past meets are no longer contributors to Accy web....wonder why ? could it be that they are fed up with the constant sarcasm and infantile attacks on new members , would you want to socialize with people who think Accy web is their own personal playpen :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

funny how to me the same owd tripe is thrown up every year? please explain then how on March 2nd 2010, was recorded the most people online?:rolleyes: 2111 was the figure online.

steeljack 29-12-2010 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 871985)
funny how to me the same owd tripe is thrown up every year? please explain then how on March 2nd 2010, was recorded the most people online?:rolleyes: 2111 was the figure online.

How many of them were regular members/users ?
Was on last night (see thread about "Quick links/whos online") probably about 5am UK time , there were over 60 viewing the site but only 3 signed in. It's my thinking most regular Accy web users stay signed in , dont think many sign out after each session.
If you click on quick links and look to see who's online there is one page of members and 6 pages of guests, some of them might be members but doubt very much its 6 page full . ;)

cashman 29-12-2010 21:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 871988)
Was on last night (see thread about "Quick links/whos online") probably about 5am UK time , there were over 60 viewing the site but only 3 signed in. It's my thinking most regular Accy web users stay signed in , dont think many sign out after each session.
If you click on quick links and look to see who's online there is one page of members and 6 pages of guests, some of them might be members but doubt very much its 6 page full . ;)

yeh but still many more members online than other forums always, Blackburn n Burnley forums have both closed through lack of support, as fer around 5-00 am never many online anywhere in the u'k. reasons fer that aint rocket science.

garinda 29-12-2010 22:15

Quote:

I wondered what this was, on the floor.

You can stick it back in now.

:dummy2:

Neil 30-12-2010 01:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 871989)
as fer around 5-00 am never many online anywhere in the u'k. reasons fer that aint rocket science.

I will be :D

cashman 30-12-2010 08:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 871989)
around 5-00 am never many online anywhere in the u'k. reasons fer that aint rocket science.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neil (Post 872018)
I will be :D

Well i did infer "Hardly Anybody":D

jaysay 30-12-2010 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by cashman (Post 872037)
Well i did infer "Hardly Anybody":D

You saying Neils a nobody cashy:eek::eek::eek::D

jaysay 30-12-2010 08:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 871988)

I stay signed in but I would imagine that when I am not actually viewing accyweb I won't appear on the list of members on line, if that was the case my name would appear 24/7

Less 30-12-2010 10:50

Quote:

could it be that they are fed up with the constant sarcasm and infantile attacks on new members , would you want to socialize with people who think Accy web is their own personal playpen :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Could it just be none of the above, because people do stop posting as their life moves on, with nothing whosoever to do with your obvious digs at the regular oldbies? Without whom the few Newbies that come sweeping across the board like a prima donna with a new broom, would have no site to change in the first place.
There are Newbies that come to the site and are able to put forward their views without wanting to change everything, they are often the ones that actually have something worthwhile to read.
:)

cashman 30-12-2010 12:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 872066)
Could it just be none of the above, because people do stop posting as their life moves on, with nothing whosoever to do with your obvious digs at the regular oldbies? Without whom the few Newbies that come sweeping across the board like a prima donna with a new broom, would have no site to change in the first place.
There are Newbies that come to the site and are able to put forward their views without wanting to change everything, they are often the ones that actually have something worthwhile to read.

Nail on the head, i'm aware of 2 that vanished, health problems was the main factor, 1 who sadly is nearly blind,a couple passed away, another couple have no internet now, someone else "Split" from there partner, aware of 3 who stopped cos of grief from partner, and so it goes on, most of these attended meets pretty regular, its called "Real Life", i too used to love the meet photos, but i don't skrike about em,:rolleyes: think its pathetic bitching about the best local forum around, but its summat that will always happen, cos theres always been tarts in life.:rolleyes:

MargaretR 30-12-2010 13:33

There are people who have stopped posting due to the malicious comments that have been thrown in their direction under the guise of humour/'craic'.

I sometimes wonder who are the bigger saddos - those who just leave, or us that stay and tolerate it.

Less 30-12-2010 14:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 872084)
There are people who have stopped posting due to the malicious comments that have been thrown in their direction under the guise of humour/'craic'.

I sometimes wonder who are the bigger saddos - those who just leave, or us that stay and tolerate it.

I think the biggest Saddos are folk like you, never found your own little site so complain about this one.

Less 30-12-2010 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 872089)
I think the biggest Saddos are folk like you, never found your own little site so complain about this one.

The site isn't perfect, but, look at the number of fringe members like you that moan about it rather than join in the banter?

garinda 30-12-2010 16:29

It's a British institution, having a little moan.

It's nice this thread has allowed a few to vent their spleen.

Romps 30-12-2010 22:42

Take it we won't be having a meet then!!!:dflam:

and a very Happy New Year to all!!!

jaysay 31-12-2010 09:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Romps (Post 872196)
Take it we won't be having a meet then!!!:dflam:

and a very Happy New Year to all!!!

Hell Romps your quick on:D:D:DHappy new year to you and him:D:D:D

derekgas 31-12-2010 13:37

I would, had I known (and had there been one) have attended, this has been an especially busy time for me, having reduced staff followed by an unusual weather pattern, ( have attended several internal burst pipes this year, first for many a year), and, like others, spend a good portion of my leisure time playing games on fb. :D

katex 01-01-2011 19:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Less (Post 872090)
The site isn't perfect, but, look at the number of fringe members like you that moan about it rather than join in the banter?

This comment puzzles me greatly .. aimed at MargaretR no doubt. For a lady who has (at today's date) contributed 8,428 posts to Accyweb I hardly regard her as a fringe member ???!!!

jaysay 02-01-2011 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 872597)
This comment puzzles me greatly .. aimed at MargaretR no doubt. For a lady who has (at today's date) contributed 8,428 posts to Accyweb I hardly regard her as a fringe member ???!!!

Think Less meant she didn't use the Stanly section Kate:DHappy New Year

MargaretR 02-01-2011 10:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 872636)
Think Less meant she didn't use the Stanly section Kate:DHappy New Year

Since when has Batman needed Robin to explain his meaning?

jaysay 02-01-2011 10:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 872642)
Since when has Batman needed Robin to explain his meaning?

We tend to help each other out when needed, especially in your case:D

MargaretR 02-01-2011 10:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 872646)
We tend to help each other out when needed, especially in your case:D

Did you volunteer or did he recruit you (as an apprentice, sort of)?

Less 02-01-2011 10:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by katex (Post 872597)

Whatever has quantity got to do with quality?
If they moved hand in hand you would be praised for your own 9,302 posts.

Perhaps I could just adjust my comment,

Quote:

The site isn't perfect, but, look at the number of Beyond the fringe members like you that moan about it rather than join in the banter?

jaysay 02-01-2011 13:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 872647)
Did you volunteer or did he recruit you (as an apprentice, sort of)?

No need to recruit me Margaret we tend to be on the same wavelength, well where your concerned that is:D

MargaretR 02-01-2011 13:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 872674)
No need to recruit me Margaret we tend to be on the same wavelength, well where your concerned that is:D

It is good to know that - I can now treat you with the same contempt -'bye;)

Less 02-01-2011 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysay (Post 872674)

Quote:

Originally Posted by MargaretR (Post 872675)
It is good to know that - I can now treat you with the same contempt -'bye;)

Jay, I saw this and thought of you...
YouTube - Welcome To My World - Jim Reeves

:D:rolleyes:

Perhaps this has happened on other local sites?
Everyone has everyone else on their ignore list, no wonder they seem quiet.
:dflam: