Accrington Web

Accrington Web (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/index.php)
-   Nightlife, Events, Days out (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f70/)
-   -   Accyweb Meet (https://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f70/accyweb-meet-58655.html)

shillelagh 14-08-2011 01:23

Re: Accyweb Meet

oh ... and when me and spugs left all the telly's were still on the wall ... he didnt have a screwdriver with him ....:D and mick werent quick enough to get back to the railway with one ....:D:D:D (micks owd age you see) :D

Mancie 14-08-2011 01:55

Glad you all had a good night.. not sure about the vid stills of the family from the Chainsaw Massacre ..but nice :D

Mick 14-08-2011 05:52

Well there was certainly something wrong with the larger in the Arden and everyone said the same also for the meet there was not enough room for everyone to sit together so we all decided to move to another venue "The Railway" a lot bigger and nicer place although doing this did split the meet into the smokers and non smokers.
but it was a good night and it was nice to see the new members and some of the regulars there.
i for one had a good night and so did the wife well she will when she sobers up and remembers the meet she was rather over the limit when we got home hehe.:D
you will find some photos in the gallery on the link below.

Accyweb meet in the Railway - Accrington Gallery

steeljack 14-08-2011 06:05

any chance for the photos to have names attached , kind of know who the sexy red head is ..Katex , but it would be good for us 'out-siders' to put names to faces
thanks

Mick 14-08-2011 07:40

we used to do this but found it was not a good idea so dont name them now

garinda 14-08-2011 08:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 926242)
any chance for the photos to have names attached , kind of know who the sexy red head is ..Katex , but it would be good for us 'out-siders' to put names to faces
thanks

Asked the nosey man, who doesn't even have his photograph on his Facebook page.

:rolleyes:

Glad you all a good night, from the looks of it.

:)

steeljack 14-08-2011 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by garinda (Post 926258)
Asked the nosey man, who doesn't even have his photograph on his Facebook page.

:)

facebook sucks only joined to play farmville which also sucks

mental image ...think Charles Laughton when he was playing a belligerent father ;) :D :D maybe me and tealeaf are twins :D :D

jaysay 14-08-2011 09:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by shillelagh (Post 926149)
oi what you talking about .... im a little angel .... :D:D:D:D:D

http://cdn.content.sweetim.com/sim/c...s/0002012A.gif Well they both have wings Jen:D:D:D:D

mez 14-08-2011 09:34

yes it was a good meet ....nice to see everyone again some newbies too. thanks for organizing it mick.

jaysay 14-08-2011 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by mick (Post 926240)
Well there was certainly something wrong with the larger in the Arden and everyone said the same also for the meet there was not enough room for everyone to sit together so we all decided to move to another venue "The Railway" a lot bigger and nicer place although doing this did split the meet into the smokers and non smokers.
but it was a good night and it was nice to see the new members and some of the regulars there.
i for one had a good night and so did the wife well she will when she sobers up and remembers the meet she was rather over the limit when we got home hehe.:D
you will find some photos in the gallery on the link below.

Accyweb meet in the Railway - Accrington Gallery

I was talking to another AccyWebber Gbell who's a regular in the Arden, when I said there was a meet there on a Saturday night he just said, hell where are they all going to sit, its already chock a bloc on a Saturday night:eek:

mez 14-08-2011 09:38

mick, did anne remember your haggies?.

garinda 14-08-2011 09:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by steeljack (Post 926269)

mental image ...think Charles Laughton when he was playing a belligerent father

Oh I wasn't far off then.

Just a different role.

I was more picturing Nero.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...j7PswNb0xwCGLA

:D

derekgas 14-08-2011 10:34

Another good night had by all, nice to see everyone old, very old and new! :D

The general opinion regarding the Arden Inn was quite negative, in particular the lager was poor, the seating wasn't great, but the smokers came and went which meant there was always a few people in the room, the railway was better all round but for me...raised a question... Its quite cosy in the smoking area and as a result those who smoke got comfy outside, the question is... are the non smokers happier with the meet split? On this occasion more smokers than non smokers, or did they prefer the old times when everyone was together but they had the smoke to contend with indoors? I am guessing that the 'arrangement' of the railway smoking area meant that the non smokers likely went home with the smell of smoke on their clothes?

heth 14-08-2011 10:47

Can please some-one tell me where my head is I think I lost it last night as it isnt on my shoulders this morning???!!! :D

heth 14-08-2011 11:04

Just looked through the photo's, not bad considering!!

It were a great night and me and t'other half did enjoy ourselves! Too much supped and smoked but hey ho! :D